[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest edwardecl

So R2 is fine for some people... then it must be something it's not liking about my simcard/wifi then, neither of which I can fix myself. And to the person who said let it finish updating after install... I did infact try to use it for a for 2 days thinking maybe perhaps it will get updated or some do it yourself fix when someone figures out the problem, but I got annoyed with the keyboard and overall slowness and just installed R1 again which has been fine even when installing/updating apps after install.

And no forcing the cpu to the highest stable frequency does not help at all. The problem is not with the proessing power which is why I said it's strange. Then again I get all the strange problems with devices, I just wonder what that link between all the people having problems are. My network provider is O2 (3G) set to 2g mode, my Wifi is 54mbps G Tenda 311r+ that sits behind a Linux (ubuntu) comp acting as a server using iptables as a net/router/firewall/ipfilter. Maybe it hates my wifi router... :).

Guest NikitoGR

Strange day. Back to the routine. :P

So R2 is fine for some people... then it must be something it's not liking about my simcard/wifi then, neither of which I can fix myself. And to the person who said let it finish updating after install... I did infact try to use it for a for 2 days thinking maybe perhaps it will get updated or some do it yourself fix when someone figures out the problem, but I got annoyed with the keyboard and overall slowness and just installed R1 again which has been fine even when installing/updating apps after install.

And no forcing the cpu to the highest stable frequency does not help at all. The problem is not with the proessing power which is why I said it's strange. Then again I get all the strange problems with devices, I just wonder what that link between all the people having problems are. My network provider is O2 (3G) set to 2g mode, my Wifi is 54mbps G Tenda 311r+ that sits behind a Linux (ubuntu) comp acting as a server using iptables as a net/router/firewall/ipfilter. Maybe it hates my wifi router... :).

Look every device behaves differently. A big role is how everyone uses the phone and how is responding itself. With the R2 I'm not facing any problems while you're. That's why is marked as unstable ;) Try using v6 superscript as me :)

Edited by NikitoGR

Guest raoulduke22

Was ready to return my vodaphone uk g300 back to the shop but have kept an eye on this thread and decided to take the plunge. Glad I did as now my g300 behaves like a completely different phone, the speed increase is unreal.

You guys have built a ROM that puts Huawei and Vodaphone to shame, very impressive stuff :-D

Sent a small donation in appreciation, next round on me ;-)

Guest CommeRestus

I seriously feel embarrassed for having people here who think Dazzozo or any other developers have any kind of obligation to come out with updates. Those people are dishonouring to this whole community.

They also mean a danger, just read the story Dazzozo linked..

I doubt there are many wealthy guys around who could donate to Dazz (we wouldn't have cheap phone like G300 otherwise, would we? :), well except those who only have it as a secondary phone, for experimenting), so I don't think he gets a lot of money from this work.

But even if he does, no one is obligated to use CM on his phone, it's a personal choice for everyone.

People should stop thinking they are allowed here to require updates at all.

+1.

I just feel sorry I can't donate something to Daz. If it wasn't for him, there wouldn't be other custom ROM's based on his.

Keep up the good work Daz. Hope you stick around. Thanks

this ought to be the standard reply to any request for updates... its better than just telling someone off. This has much more clout.

This is a childish atitude, people who get into development on one platform or another do it for their own personal reasons not for the good of the masses. They are under no obligation if they decide to share their work and should disregard endless demands from whoever uses their work. Giving up something you do for your own pleasure or curiosity just because some 16 year old moron treats your work like a paid product is in nobody's interest.

Guest Colossae3.23

yeah, it does seem so on the surface, but I wonder if the amount of expectation is what causes this. In other words this attitude towards a just few requests would be childish, but this reaction to an on going constant pressure is another thing. Stress comes out in different ways in different people.

In the 3+ years I've been visiting this forum, nearly every developer, that I can think of, has expressed some sort of dissatisfaction at the constant demands of people, on the work that they freely give. Some have left, some have left and come back, but if all these guys experience this in some degree, is it really fair to label them as childish when the source of the pressure comes from us, as users?

Guest dalyer

Have you seen that this rom unlock the phone? :)

Do you mean unlocks a phone that is network locked? I don't think that any ROM does that. As far as I know you need to get the carrier to unlock it or else buy an unlock code or use the convoluted manual but free unlocking process documented elsewhere on this forum.

Guest Fenomenorx

I tried to get a card from another network to try and it worked. Then I tested with other roms and was blocked again. It only works with this :)

Try and tell if it works.

yeah, it does seem so on the surface, but I wonder if the amount of expectation is what causes this. In other words this attitude towards a just few requests would be childish, but this reaction to an on going constant pressure is another thing. Stress comes out in different ways in different people.

In the 3+ years I've been visiting this forum, nearly every developer, that I can think of, has expressed some sort of dissatisfaction at the constant demands of people, on the work that they freely give. Some have left, some have left and come back, but if all these guys experience this in some degree, is it really fair to label them as childish when the source of the pressure comes from us, as users?

So you're basically saying that it's only human to react to endless requests. I agree but so is for the users to continuously ask for things as if they were entitled to, they don't know better. What are you going to do, take your toys and go home?

Forums like this are not the best way to communicate between developers and users IMO.

Guest dalyer

I tried to get a card from another network to try and it worked. Then I tested with other roms and was blocked again. It only works with this :)

Try and tell if it works.

What exactly worked/did not work in the two scenarios? Calls? SMS? Data? I am very skeptical that this ROM unlocks a network locked phone or that others relock it. I unlocked my phone using an code that I bought on ebay and use a SIM from another network provider. My phone has worked fine on stock, Infusion, CM9, CM10.1 and now Stock+.

Guest Colossae3.23

So you're basically saying that it's only human to react to endless requests. I agree but so is for the users to continuously ask for things as if they were entitled to, they don't know better. What are you going to do, take your toys and go home?

Forums like this are not the best way to communicate between developers and users IMO.

yeah, that's it, but the only thing is, that this conflict happens with nearly every dev at one point or another (at different degrees, but it still happens to nearly all of them) So, if that's the case then something isn't right on our end.

Like you say the forum has its faults for communication.

I see at least two ways this happens (maybe if people posted with these two in mind, we could at least make things better)

1. you can't always read between the lines to see the intention of a statement, so we should take the time to be clear

2. people are a lot more impolite on here than they would be if they were face to face with somebody

But on the plus side, the forum is a quick and efficient way of getting info out there as well.

Edited by Colossae3.23

Guest NikitoGR
just tested the calls, and how it worked, I assumed it was unlocked. With other roms had no network. Anyone else tested?

Lol it's very strange. BTW mine was locked with the Vodafone firm and I unlocked just with a call in Huawei (Greece). And basically Huawei prompted me to call them :D:lol:

Guest chinaxu

I just feel sorry I can't donate something to Daz. If it wasn't for him, there wouldn't be other custom ROM's based on his.

Keep up the good work Daz. Hope you stick around. Thanks

Guest Colossae3.23

Lol it's very strange. BTW mine was locked with the Vodafone firm and I unlocked just with a call in Huawei (Greece). And basically Huawei prompted me to call them :D :lol:

didn't somebody else claim that this was happening? I think it was on Cyda's Stock+ thread. A few people said there is no way a rom could unlock a phone, but he swore that's what happened.

Guest NikitoGR

didn't somebody else claim that this was happening? I think it was on Cyda's Stock+ thread. A few people said there is no way a rom could unlock a phone, but he swore that's what happened.

Isn't it strange?

Guest psivision

How does locking work? Is it based on a non-volatile firmware setting? It's not hardware as the unlocking process doesn't ever physically alter a device (wires are not cut, pins are not changed).

So in theory an unlocked state could be achieved using software settings.

Guest psivision

My recent experience of 4.2.2 R2...

I've been using the CM roms since 9 ... this latest 10.1R2 release is very good and solves many many of the previous problems.

The issues I still have are:

• voice distortion is back again ... not as bad as it used to be on previous ROMS... the usual trick of in-call volume up and then down seems to work.
  • signal strength is patchy - I feel I have a controlled experiment - I do the sam commute every day and know the blackspots for reception with this and other phones, and various ROMS.. this one seems to definitely have weaker signal hold and sometimes it is entirely lost when it shouldn't be .. and there is way more switching to lower speed signals like 3G, GPRS, EDGE (3, G, E icons) .. when it used to stay on HSPA almost always (H icon)
  • occasional jitter/lag in the interface .. especially when playing games like Angry Birds Space - same game same levels on previous ROMS didn't do this at all or as badly
  • I know get the boot-up error in the UI about process waiting error
  • some of these have gotten worse weeks after installing the latest R2.. and I do reboots every 2-3 days .. maybe this ROM is burning the hardware?

Or the alternative explanation is that my phone is getting old and breaking?

Guest NikitoGR

My recent experience of 4.2.2 R2...

I've been using the CM roms since 9 ... this latest 10.1R2 release is very good and solves many many of the previous problems.

The issues I still have are:

• voice distortion is back again ... not as bad as it used to be on previous ROMS... the usual trick of in-call volume up and then down seems to work.
  • signal strength is patchy - I feel I have a controlled experiment - I do the sam commute every day and know the blackspots for reception with this and other phones, and various ROMS.. this one seems to definitely have weaker signal hold and sometimes it is entirely lost when it shouldn't be .. and there is way more switching to lower speed signals like 3G, GPRS, EDGE (3, G, E icons) .. when it used to stay on HSPA almost always (H icon)
  • occasional jitter/lag in the interface .. especially when playing games like Angry Birds Space - same game same levels on previous ROMS didn't do this at all or as badly
  • I know get the boot-up error in the UI about process waiting error
  • some of these have gotten worse weeks after installing the latest R2.. and I do reboots every 2-3 days .. maybe this ROM is burning the hardware?

Or the alternative explanation is that my phone is getting old and breaking?

Known issues. The device is an low to mid end phone which is designed for ics (basically it works better with GB than the ICS [stock always]). The JB is written from zero for this device so don't expect to work without any issues ;) 4.2.2 is heavy enough for our g300 but it performs great even with these minor (for some ppl) issues :)