[ROM][4.4.] MIUI v5 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Akkuidő nem rosszabb, mint a stock-é, az újraindulás meg csak annyira jellemző, mint a cm10-re, tehát elenyésző.

Fent van! szép nagyon :) de az sd kártyámat miért nem látja vajon ?

Guest fleky

Fent van! szép nagyon :) de az sd kártyámat miért nem látja vajon ?

Hát, ha reboot nem oldja meg, akkor sajnos arra nincs ötletem. :S

Hát, ha reboot nem oldja meg, akkor sajnos arra nincs ötletem. :S

Megoldódott! Meg kellett formáznom újra Fat rendszerre , így már látja :)

Guest KonstaT

This is an english speaking forum. It's extremely rude to hijack this thread for discussion on your native language and exclude everyone else!

This is an english speaking forum. It's extremely rude to hijack this thread for discussion on your native language and exlude everyone else!

I'm so sorry!!!!

Guest KonstaT

and google talk ?? :(

Hangouts is the new Talk! Google Talk is deprecated.

the CM10 gapps good about it?

Does it have gapps linked in the first post? Does it say install gapps in the installation instructions in the second post?

Please don't spam the forum with consecutive posts. Edit your post instead.

Guest ratgull

KonstaT: Some apps in play store doesn't support this rom, even if I delete cache for the play app.

Same for you? What to do? Install gapps (if, which one)?

Example of apps: runkeeper, contacts+, sl, yr.no, västtrafik

Thanks for your work and support.

Guest thmnss

KonstaT can you provide me information about the aapt and apktool.jar used in the MIUI rom, I'm having errors when compiling the frameworkmiui-res to add the portuguese language. I already have all the translations, just need to overcome the errors when compiling.

Appreciate the help, and thank you already.

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT: Some apps in play store doesn't support this rom, even if I delete cache for the play app.

Same for you? What to do? Install gapps (if, which one)?

Example of apps: runkeeper, contacts+, sl, yr.no, västtrafik

Thanks for your work and support.

Idk, I really haven't used this ROM.

Maybe you can edit /system/build.prop and modify the market fingerprint. It's a bit different than what it is in CM10. Or try Market Helper or similar apps.

KonstaT can you provide me information about the aapt and apktool.jar used in the MIUI rom, I'm having errors when compiling the frameworkmiui-res to add the portuguese language. I already have all the translations, just need to overcome the errors when compiling.

Appreciate the help, and thank you already.

Latest apktool version is 1.5.2. You can use the regular aapt that comes with Android SDK. I guess one of the most common mistakes is that you haven't installed framework.

If you want to add translations to MIUI, it basically means that you have to decompile/compile every system apk separately. It's a lot work...

Guest thmnss

I have access to the files already translated is only a matter of add files and compile their applications again, most of it is done, and also framework-res already has several packages including several languages ​​including Portuguese, it was only a matter of add Portuguese language to frameworkmiui-res, I have also have translated the frameworkmiu.res in order to be able to select the language ... But I'm with errors while compiling.

Here is the log:

[*] C:\Users\Thiago\Desktop\TranslateMIUI\_INPUT_APK\framework-miui-res

recompiling C:\Users\Thiago\Desktop\TranslateMIUI\_INPUT_APK\framework-miui-res...

W: Could not find sources

I: Building resources...

invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\Thiago\Desktop\TranslateMIUI\_INPUT_APK\framework-miui-res\res/drawable-land-xxhdpi

invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\Thiago\Desktop\TranslateMIUI\_INPUT_APK\framework-miui-res\res/drawable-xxhdpi

Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 16, --target-sdk-version, 16, -F, C:\Users\Thiago\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL3342387551214149770.tmp, -x, -I, C:\Users\Thiago\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\Thiago\Desktop\TranslateMIUI\_INPUT_APK\framework-miui-res\res, -M, C:\Users\Thiago\Desktop\TranslateMIUI\_INPUT_APK\framework-miui-res\AndroidManifest.xml]

at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:255)

at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:324)

at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:269)

at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:192)

at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:174)

at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:188)

at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:70)

Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 16, --target-sdk-version, 16, -F, C:\Users\Thiago\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL3342387551214149770.tmp, -x, -I, C:\Users\Thiago\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\Thiago\Desktop\TranslateMIUI\_INPUT_APK\framework-miui-res\res, -M, C:\Users\Thiago\Desktop\TranslateMIUI\_INPUT_APK\framework-miui-res\AndroidManifest.xml]

at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:83)

at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:253)

... 6 more

Unable to open '_INPUT_APK\framework-miui-res\dist\framework-miui-res.apk' as zip archive

O sistema nÆo consegue localizar a unidade especificada.

Guest peetu20

you have installed framework-res.apk from this rom??, just type "apktool if framework-res.apk"

The error list says that apktool doesnt find full hd resources from the location(our device doesnt have those files, coz we have hdpi screen) so you need get the framework from rom which is made for hdpi, but I am not sure about this,,,

And of course chack that you have those folders:

drawable-land-xxhdpi and drawable-xxhdpi

Edited by peetu20

Guest KonstaT

I have access to the files already translated is only a matter of add files and compile their applications again, most of it is done, and also framework-res already has several packages including several languages ​​including Portuguese, it was only a matter of add Portuguese language to frameworkmiui-res, I have also have translated the frameworkmiu.res in order to be able to select the language ... But I'm with errors while compiling.

Is that with the framework-miui-res.apk from the 3.6.7 build? I just decompiled it with the latest tools and I get:

invalid resource directory name: /home/xxxxx/android/tools/apktool/framework-miui-res/res/values-largeui-hdpi
invalid resource directory name: /home/xxxxx/android/tools/apktool/framework-miui-res/res/values-largeui-xhdpi
invalid resource directory name: /home/xxxxx/android/tools/apktool/framework-miui-res/res/drawable-largeui-xhdpi
invalid resource directory name: /home/xxxxx/android/tools/apktool/framework-miui-res/res/drawable-largeui-hdpi
[/CODE]

After removing those four directories it compiles just fine. You can safely remove any resources that are for bigger than hdpi (xhdpi, xxhdpi) devices. Those resources are not used in our device anyway.

Guest KonstaT

Yes is the frameworkmiui-res from 3.6.7 build, now could compile without errors but I'm stuck in the boot screen, no idea why ..

Did you sign it? I have no idea what key they've used to sign MIUI so you might have to resign the whole ROM (most of the system apps excluding Google apps as well as the framework apks).

Easier, yet more hacky, way would be to move resources.arsc from the freshly compiled apk to the original framework-miui-res.apk.

Guest peetu20

Did you sign it? I have no idea what key they've used to sign MIUI so you might have to resign the whole ROM (most of the system apps excluding Google apps as well as the framework apks).

Easier, yet mory hacky, way would be to move resources.arsc from the freshly compiled apk to the original framework-miui-res.apk.

Theres no need to sign system apps, until AndroidManifest.xml has been modded. So we need just move AndroidManifest.xml and META-INF folder drom ORIGINAL apk to modded and it works fine.

Yes is the frameworkmiui-res from 3.6.7 build, now could compile without errors but I'm stuck in the boot screen, no idea why ..

Just move AndroidManifest.xml and META-INF folder drom ORIGINAL apk to modded and it works fine. Then flash/use adb. If you move apks with root explorer, you need to set right permissons for it(But propably ur phone reboots before you have set permissions :) , so use adb or zip) Edited by peetu20

Guest KonstaT

Theres no need to sign system apps, until AndroidManifest.xml has been modded. So we need just move AndroidManifest.xml and META-INF folder drom ORIGINAL apk to modded and it works fine.

Huh, wtf? That's not true at all. Of course system apps and framework need to be signed at all times. Compiling an apk with apktool leaves it with no signature what so ever! If there is an unsigned core apk (or a core apk with mismatching signature) system will always fail to boot with a clean install.

I guess you're just confused with signing an apk and there being a signature (that's what you're trying to fool with this method). Like I said, this method is very hacky and it should never be done when there are better options available (=signing the apk). And care to explain how is that different from moving the resources.arsc? ;)

Guest thmnss

The framework's already compiled and signed, but I'm stuck in the boot again.

Also signed to the rom.zip file with the ZipSigner again when I put the framework's ...