[Stock ROM] Huawei Y300 B194 Repack

Guest tillaz

Guest Knurlhelm

Tillaz and ZolaIII, I just wanna say THANK YOU! the rom runs so freaking smooth, I made some minor modifications (Universal vendor to fix the notification toggle plus Nova Prime, build.prop battery % and uninstalling some of the huawei UI and google apps) after the each change I did an antutu benchmark and it was increasing performance til it got to 7599, that's just awesome and it's the best performance I've got on any rom, so thank you SO MUCH! :)

PS: some proof:

Dropbox Pic

Edited by Knurlhelm

Guest nirmalbalaji

the basedband is not included in rom .zps, its an image that needs flashed manually, or if you install an official update (update.app) it will be changed.

Thanks for the info. This B194 ROM is a Middle East firmware or a European firmware? I'm on B190 Middle East firmware and I didn't received any update so far.

Guest Knurlhelm

Btw guys, is there any way to make a flashable apk (a zip that could be recognized by the TWRP and install an app), I deleted tons of stuff (including the launcher) and I can solve it after I make a factory reset, but it's not really how it should be, so I wanted to know if it is possible to flash the launcher after or include it to the rom (to modify the files myself)

And again, thanks for the B194, it's freaking awesome.

PS: 3G works at South America, at least in Chile

another PS: if you want to fix the notification bar not showing/having no icons but using space use the Universal Vendor, I would give credit to the owner but I honestly have no idea who he is, I got it from a repost, on a side note, THIS WILL ERASE CUST AND DATA, so make a backup of your apps before flashing it.

C ya!

Edited by Knurlhelm

Guest TangerineTractor

another PS: if you want to fix the notification bar not showing/having no icons but using space use the Universal Vendor, I would give credit to the owner but I honestly have no idea who he is, I got it from a repost, on a side note, THIS WILL ERASE CUST AND DATA, so make a backup of your apps before flashing it.

C ya!

Warning.

Tried this this morning. Did a full wipe, flashed the rom then flashed the cust.zip.

Booted fine, but no toggles... and was significantly slower than without flashin the cust. But also no root (has to install SuperUser) and worst of all it removed my recovery, so I couldn;t boot into recovery - had to re-flash recovery from my PC.

Guest ZolaIII

Warning.

Tried this this morning. Did a full wipe, flashed the rom then flashed the cust.zip.

Booted fine, but no toggles... and was significantly slower than without flashin the cust. But also no root (has to install SuperUser) and worst of all it removed my recovery, so I couldn;t boot into recovery - had to re-flash recovery from my PC.

Only additional thing on this firmware is super user binary!

You have elementary root access you don't have app to menage permissions so install: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.superuser

You can install recovery of your choice directly from Android with: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=acr.recovery.installation.utility

A decent article about what rooting is: http://lifehacker.com/5789397/the-always-up+to+date-guide-to-rooting-any-android-phone

I forgot to mention I included a TcL Trojan probe so that I can take control of your Androids & make them commit suicide... :o :'( :-P :-) ;-)

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest TangerineTractor

Only additional thing on this firmware is super user binary!

You have elementary root access you don't have app to menage permissions so install: https://play.google....dutta.superuser

You can install recovery of your choice directly from Android with: https://play.google....llation.utility

A decent article about what rooting is: http://lifehacker.co...y-android-phone

No, the issue is that if you install the cust.zip, you lose root so need to install superuser to restore it. You also lose the recovery partition, so need to reflash that if you want to do anythign else.

Guest ZolaIII

No, the issue is that if you install the cust.zip, you lose root so need to install superuser to restore it. You also lose the recovery partition, so need to reflash that if you want to do anythign else.

There are other people complain about root access so I thought to explain it all in one place.

Guest Laximus

I am who complained about the lost of root acces.

After I flashed SuperSU-1.25-ROOT.zip with TWRP from this:

http://www.multiupload.nl/Z2CL5EO4M3

And now superuser permission is ok, all my root apps works fine.

But basicaly the Rom is not rooted, as I saw.

I dont have problem with the recovery partition, so my TWRP works fine.

PS: Also have to tell the truth, before I flashed this B194rom, I made a backup from my working stock B190. After I flashed B194 with full wipe, and because its based on B190, I restored my backup on the top of the B194, except System. Maybe thats why I lost superuser permisson? I dont know...

So, everything was ok, except root permission, but when I reflashed the zip above , SUperSu Pro works fine now.

Edited by Laximus

Guest ZolaIII

I am who complained about the lost of root acces.

But basiccaly the Rom is not rooted, as I saw.

I dont have problem with the recovery partition, so my TWRP works fine.

Please read the article!

Guest Laximus

Sorry, but I noticed this later:

"people can flash this to remove it straight after flashing the rom

zip.gif remove_su_binary.zip 142.12K "

=)

And I did it after midnight and I was tired, so maybe thats why a missed it. But meanwhile I solved the root acces.

And thanks again!!! =)

Guest dexterul

hi guys , im the owner of an y300 with SymAnd V1 178 , and its great , it has stock toggles , and stuff , but i thought i should be moving forward to a more advanced version , however im new to this whole flashing and wiping stuff , after i full wipe and recover this version , how can i manually/ separately install (flash) other stuff like stock toggles (since it appears it doesnt have them) , 720p video recording and stuff like that ? can someone give a tutorial link for this kind of operations ? and if possible the link for this separate "addons" ? antutu - 6133 ( kinda lame ) but phone works fine , battery hmm 6/10 , viber mic doesnt work , sdcard isnt recognized , but thats probably because it isnt a kingston or sandisk .

P.S. Be gentle .. it took me 2 days to figure out how to install twrp 2.5 :D

Guest Knurlhelm

Warning.

hmm that's odd, you didn't wipe or factory reset AFTER installing the universal vendor right? cuz if you do any of those the partition will get wiped so no vendor for you rofl, and the system will always start slow on my experience. today I got 7676 on AnTuTu

Also, I lost root access after restoring a backup, which I solved using a root uninstaller to remove superSU and install SuperSU 1.25 from TWRP, I did the universal vendor stuff after I was already using the rom, it made my phone factory reset and I recovered my toggles, so I don't know if you used it correctly, but you could try checking for another universal vendor, the SymAnd didn't worked for me tbh so I used the one I linked.

hi guys , im the owner of an y300 with SymAnd V1 178 , and its great , it has stock toggles , and stuff , but i thought i should be moving forward to a more advanced version , however im new to this whole flashing and wiping stuff , after i full wipe and recover this version , how can i manually/ separately install (flash) other stuff like stock toggles (since it appears it doesnt have them) , 720p video recording and stuff like that ? can someone give a tutorial link for this kind of operations ? and if possible the link for this separate "addons" ? antutu - 6133 ( kinda lame ) but phone works fine , battery hmm 6/10 , viber mic doesnt work , sdcard isnt recognized , but thats probably because it isnt a kingston or sandisk .

P.S. Be gentle .. it took me 2 days to figure out how to install twrp 2.5 :D

for the toggles I used Universal Vendor, worked fine for me but didn't worked for the guy I quoted above, and it will wipe your apps and stuff, so make a backup if you don't already have one, the AnTuTu score is kinda lame, I never got less than 6400 with this rom.

if you wanna install the universal vendor the steps are as follow:

1.- turn off the phone (I mean really, not the hibernation of huawei devices)

2.- press power+volume up untill you're in TWRP

3.- Press Install

4.- search for the Universal Vendor

5.- swipe to install

6.- reboot

7.- curse the world cuz the phone has no apps

8.- be happy cuz you at least got your toggles

Note: This will work only UNTIL you do a factory reset or a wipe, if you do one of those, you'll have to do it all over again

If you have the stock config and want to increase performance try the following:

Install Nova Launcher or Nova Launcher Prime

To stop the Huawei locker and launcher:

1.- Config

2.- Manage Apps

3.- All

4.- Search Huawei locker

5.- Force close

6.- the button that's on the right of force close (I guess it's disable on your case)

7.- find Huawei Home or Home Huawei (can't remember and I deleted the app after this worked)

8.- Force close (and while you're at it clear the cache)

9.- press the "desktop" button, a choice button should appear now, pick Nova and set it to Always

10.- go to security, lock type, huawei unlock (since the service is stopped this will trigger the google unlock)

11.- press "desktop" button for 5 seconds and clean it all

Now you should have a better launch and lock process so test AnTuTu again (check how hot is the phone tho, if the phone was working too much your ranking will be shitty)

Now, for the guys who likes to be in trouble:

1.- get Uninstall Master

2.- delete the Huawei locker and launcher

3.- delete the system apps you don't use -
JUST THE ONES YOU KNOW YOU DON'T USE, LIKE GOOGLE+ OR CHROME, NOT RANDOM SYSTEM APPS
-

Note: This is -kind of- dangerous since you will see a little performance increase with 2+ those out (but when you do a factory reset or a wipe
you'll have no launcher
), so you'll have to go to the play store on your desktop computer and install Nova Launcher remotely, when you have the launcher you can be happy, so remember the risk/pain in the ass before doing this
Edited by Knurlhelm

Guest dexterul

i dont like nova launcher and apex launcher and any of those crappy launchers , i personally use Next 3d free launcher ... im not searching only for a better antutu score

questions : 1 whats universal vendor and where i find it ? cuz google has no idea :)

2 how do i install it ? cuz i dont think you are giving me all the steps ...

thank you for the prompt response

Guest Knurlhelm

i dont like nova launcher and apex launcher and any of those crappy launchers , i personally use Next 3d free launcher ... im not searching only for a better antutu score

questions : 1 whats universal vendor and where i find it ? cuz google has no idea :)

2 how do i install it ? cuz i dont think you are giving me all the steps ...

thank you for the prompt response

I posted the universal vendor like a page ago man rofl, and I got it from google, but here it is: Universal Vendor

btw I think I made pretty clear how to install it :S, what would your question about the steps be? (or where do you think it lacks information?)

PS: If you don't like nova launcher install the launcher you want (nova, apex, next 3d), just stop the huawei process, dunno how Next 3D is with performance tho, never tried it

PS: Nor nova nor Apex are crappy at all man, I personally like nova better but both launchers are awesome

Edited by Knurlhelm

Guest dexterul

so .. what do i do with the zip file ? where do i put it ? internal memory or external memory ? twrp folder?

as ive said im not that good at installing stuff on phone

@zola , i will try it , thanks for recomandation

Guest Knurlhelm

so .. what do i do with the zip file ? where do i put it ? internal memory or external memory ? twrp folder?

as ive said im not that good at installing stuff on phone

@zola , i will try it , thanks for recomandation

I personally put it on a folder I created named ROMs, but it's a flashable zip, it honestly doesn't matter where you put it, you just place it on your sd or phone and search for it on TWRP

PS: Tried both launchers, the performance is similar in both, the Next 3D one has some good options but it is too... sparkly, so I'm gonna have to keep playing with it to know if I can get it like I want to :B, anyway, my perfomance with the launchers were:

Perfect Launcher ~7350

Next 3D Launcher ~7430

with Nova I've got 7676 but I've had it most time, so it behaves better

Edited by Knurlhelm

Guest ZolaIII

I prefer in launcher performance & experience the gain in games is to little for something useful. The only launcher that hawe smaller memory usage then EmotionUI is smart launcher (that is if you don't use widgets) and It's very practical bat minimalistic.

The every never launcher with api level 16 or never will be faster then older ones on JB.

Edited by ZolaIII

After flashed this rom, i lost the custom recovery. Tried to install TWRP again but i cant boot into it....What should I do?

flashing this rom (the .zip) was not what removed your recovery i can assure you that, as the updater scrip does not touch the recovery partition.

what ever you flashed in addition to the .zip is what would of caused that to happen.

Guest Knurlhelm

flashing this rom (the .zip) was not what removed your recovery i can assure you that, as the updater scrip does not touch the recovery partition.

what ever you flashed in addition to the .zip is what would of caused that to happen.

I have the idea that the SU removal may be the one causing some of their problems (since I've flashed every other thing on this thread and I never got a problem), I think someone said that the zip to remove the binaries also made him lost TWRP, that may be the case (just a guess, I got the system working just as I want to right now so I don't really want to try the zip rofl)

I have the idea that the SU removal may be the one causing some of their problems (since I've flashed every other thing on this thread and I never got a problem), I think someone said that the zip to remove the binaries also made him lost TWRP, that may be the case (just a guess, I got the system working just as I want to right now so I don't really want to try the zip rofl)

the zip i provided to remove the su binary also does not touch the recovery partition, take a look at the updater-script and you will see.

the only thing that could be removing the recovery is the cust.zip people are using to get working toggles, but i have not looked at that so can't be sure

i'm just going of this post on the other page.

Guest Knurlhelm

I did use the ROM, then used huawei backup to restore muy años, doing that I bugged SU, I fixed that with universal uninstaller and flashing it back from recovery, I deleted some google and huawei apps and then flashed the vendor, the zip made a factory reset but i got the toggles, so i charged the apps again and kept my configuration, but i never lost my Twrp