[Kernel] CeXstel v0.62 (Y300/G510) [Stock/CM] [29/03/14]

Guest Ceastel

I have been using CeXtel v0.56 for stock 407 MB version and noticed one thing untill now annoying...

I don't know it is only me or all...

Pictures and video is loading too slow...

Is it common?

@Ceastel with the last cm kratos fixed the high button backlight brightness, but with your kernel the value stay too high like the old version of cm, in the next update can you include this fix?

(I am using cm10.1)

Guest PrinceEndymion88

Gliwusss...hey bro....i figured out that its an one of the two modules you recommended.."per app hack or boot manager......i deleted both and now everything is working stable..

do i need to must have an anti virus to be safe...and if so which one..

with per app hack I had bootloop with cm10.1.... maybe this app is not full compatible

Guest szekely

Ceastel thanx for the kernel, using 0.56 at stock rom  since a while on my G510-0100, more then satisfied, only problem i have is the freqvency at 1.2 Ghz, everytime i use a tool to run at 1.2 ghz it goes back to 1 ghz.

Only one app worked the Kernel tuner, but it has bugs and i'm concerned. It is possible to deploy a sepparate download section for the G510 with 1.2 Ghz included ? Or what system file should we modify to add 1209600 ?

by the way i tested swap with 256 mb with, and the antutu score was lover (8484)  then without swap (8590) .. so i don't use swap at all i read it that the memory card too will have short life.

Thanx

Guest hgoldy300

Is the GPU overclock to 320MHz? Who is the Battery life?

Sorry for my very Bad english!

I havn't noticed any change in battery life, so far it's as good as before.

Guest noemi.abril

To Ceastel:

I'm using for a week the 0.55 420MB version with a "CM10.1 MK 44.2" using zram 18%,KSM...19 - 1209MHz. Ondemand on G510/U8951 and all it's Ok... i have not any crash... I can you ask for release new versions in 420MB :? very gratefull for your time.

Edited by noemi.abril

Please! Can you add USB OTG support?

Why all always ask for it? there are 39 pages and about 15 pages are only: "can you add OTG?", the answer is NO! can't be added OTG because the phone has not enough power (dazzozo said it about 1 or 2 months ago)

To Ceastel:

I'm using for a week the 0.55 420MB version with a "CM10.1 MK 44.2" using zram 18%,KSM...19 - 1209MHz. Ondemand on G510/U8951 and all it's Ok... i have not any crash... I can you ask for release new versions in 420MB :? very gratefull for your time.

with 420 mb ram the problem is the streaming video, apps like youtube, video on facebook, instagram and many others that use 360p or more quality does not work

Edited by fonz93

Guest NaqiKiller

I tryed this kernel on Cm 10.1 unofficial but after successfully installing it from recovery when I reboot,.it start loading apps by counting from 0- 91 then gives an error com.android.....

Guest ZolaIII

Why all always ask for it? there are 39 pages and about 15 pages are only: "can you add OTG?", the answer is NO! can't be added OTG because the phone has not enough power (dazzozo said it about 1 or 2 months ago).

It can be done! It whose done with even older msm SoCs & it whose done in ginger! It's not only OGT that needs to be added it needs & NTSC support so that you can use OGT in most scenarios.

Guest NaqiKiller

I tryed this kernel on Cm 10.1 unofficial but after successfully installing it from recovery when I reboot,.it start loading apps by counting from 0- 91 then gives an error com.android.....

How can I fix it to use Cexstel v0.56

Guest knueller

My y300 Using 0.56 407mb few days, no problems so far, fast and stable!

Good work Buddy!!

My antutu score is about 7,2k with Fusion Rom,

is this OK?

Tried the pure performance mod but, this was a Bad idea because everything was laggy Bad performance.

Guest Ceastel

Update to v0.57.

@Ceastel with the last cm kratos fixed the high button backlight brightness, but with your kernel the value stay too high like the old version of cm, in the next update can you include this fix?

(I am using cm10.1)

High button backlight brightness should be fixed in this version.

To Ceastel:

420Mb version have bug with video

Ceastel thanx for the kernel, using 0.56 at stock rom  since a while on my G510-0100, more then satisfied, only problem i have is the freqvency at 1.2 Ghz, everytime i use a tool to run at 1.2 ghz it goes back to 1 ghz.

Only one app worked the Kernel tuner, but it has bugs and i'm concerned. It is possible to deploy a sepparate download section for the G510 with 1.2 Ghz included ? Or what system file should we modify to add 1209600 ?

by the way i tested swap with 256 mb with, and the antutu score was lover (8484)  then without swap (8590) .. so i don't use swap at all i read it that the memory card too will have short life.

Thanx

On CM you can try use option "set it on boot" in peformance tab.

For stock use any app with this option or init.d script.

Edited by Ceastel

Guest NaqiKiller

Hey where is download link for v0.57.....

I was bored of CM 10.1,.

I think FusionX is faster for me..I found a lots of issues in CM 10.1 by kar1o5..........stuck in drawer etc.....

@Ceastel, i think that you can add in the changelog that you've fixed the lag on games, i tried on cm10 and stock and no problem

Edit: is fixed only on cm10 and cm10.1, with stock there is still some lag also with simple games

Edited by fonz93