[Kernel] CeXstel v0.62 (Y300/G510) [Stock/CM] [29/03/14]

Guest Ceastel

Guest Market88

I Which downclock step seems better for you? I tried 196Mhz and 19mhz. I noticed a better battery life with 196 than 19 mhz, probably because if i set 19 the cpu often jump to 1080 even if i dont touch screen, with 196 the clock is more stable and jump up only when screen is touched PS. I've fusionx 1.0 and the battery life is great with all clock step but i noticed maybe a little improvement with 196 rather than 19

Edited by Market88

Guest ehsan_zt

I'm using cm 10.1 r19 with CeXstel v0.54 and I was wondering if I'm using zRam or not,is there anyway to check this ? and also I would like to know how much % compression this kernel supports ?( is it the same az cm 10.1 original kernel or not ?)

also I checked my swappiness with android tuner SysCtl ,it should be 45 as mentioned in the changelog but it was 20. I tried changing it one time set it to aplly on boot and the other time on init.d but it always changes back to 20.any suggestions on how to set it ??

Edited by ehsan_zt

That's so sad :(

Why discontinued?

You were the only kernel dev for Y300,ceastel :wub:

I thought you will back after Christmas...

It's truly very bad news for me :(

Guest StewieTech

Oh cmon ceastel, please consider to continue to develop this kernel. It´s a great kernel, the only one around, and a lot of people cherish our little y300 like me, we really want to squeeze this bad boy. I´ve been enjoying flashing your kernel since early versions and i´m always looking up for the next version, i even have this page bookmarked in chrome and everthing. Well, if it´s final decision, at least make the last update the best possible, with, may i suggest, overclock(?). Thanks a lot mate. :)

If it's truly being discontinued then I'd suggest uploading the project to github so that another dev could continue with it. That's really the best way to support a device.

Guest Ceastel

So... after one week of "DISCONTINUED" I start continue develop this kernel . (But updates will be rarely ...)
Also thanks for all donations and motivate me to continue develop of kernel... :D

Update to v0.55 with a lot of kernel variants.
(too much kernel variants I have headache :P)
Now I need help with testing all variants ...
Write to me if any kernel have wrong name (for example 393MB version have 400MB ...)

@H3ROS
It's hard to upload something like kernel source with very low upload speed...

Edited by Ceastel

The difference between the new 0.55 versions? The free RAM? :o

And btw, why cancled the OC? :/

Changelog

Spoiler 

v0.55

-fix problem with video (?)

-four variations of kernel

-deleted ARM RWSEM algorithm

-deleted all process from "do not killable list"

:P

Guest Silencer96

Thanks for the awesome kernel, op!

Here are some suggestions:

-CM11 support (along w/ ~420mb of RAM). 

-1.2 Ghz overclocking step (even if it is unstable).