[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM] [ALL]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest cvele992

No I said you MUST flash gapps or you can brick your device

If he doesn't flash gapps, he just wouldn't have google apps. That doesn't mean that he will brick his device.

Guest rolorad

So next nightly build we have fixed video playback? If so that's awesome! I thank you Dazzozo and kra1o5 for having the patience to deal with Huawei devices.

Guest QuadCorei8085

Awesome rom (just registrated to tell that :) )

I've installed "cm-10.2-20131101-NIGHTLY-u8951" a few days ago and everything seems to be working perfectly (at least what i've tried).

> after first start a reboot is highly recommended, i got huge battery drain (92% over 14h)

> menu (welcome screen & apps) can be scrolled smoothly than stock, but it seems to me that when scrolling in a list menu (eg. settings) its "laggy" / less FPS is provided - compared to stock (its not disturbing, just a notation)

Quick questions (to anybody who can answer them for me):

1) is there a way to update from this version (i currently have installed) to newer nightly builds without wiping the whole os? I mean a sort of service pack or something (sry i'm really new to this rom changing stuff).

2) I've not installed gapps. Seriously it wasnt copied to my SD card, hence this works perfectly. I read somewhere here that it (lack of gapps) could brick my pone. Is it soft brick, or can it also create a mess and resulting the corruption of bootloader?

3) Previous phone was X8, where I had to change kernel with a dedicated sw. Is this phone or JB based rom different from kernel update point of view? Because here I only could download the ROM and CWM.

Quick note:

- could you list all known bugs in the first post?

Thank you for all your answers.

Best regards,

a graceful CM user ;)

Edited by QuadCorei8085

Guest TayoOnabule

1) You can go to settings>About Phone > CMUpdater where you can download the latest nightlies.

2) Don't worry bro, that gapps thing is a 1 in a million chance

3) No need to flash a kernel or anything. But i didn't fully understand the question so maybe someone else will answer that

Bugs vary from night to night depending on what CM releases each night. The only consistent bug is the "youtube green bar" bug, but everything else comes and goes. That said, all builds have been very stable for me.

Guest GonzaloG

I've been reading every post daily but right now I don't remember what do you mean with "HW", does it have a relation with hardware, or graphic drivers? Thanks for the answer,

Guest Dazzozo

It probably means hardware. Huawei often use it as an abbreviation of their name in code too, but that's probably something that not many people have to deal with.

Guest Souldefiler

So Dazzozo man if you fix youtube green bar there is no more major bugs in this build? I mean you practicly going to finish this this build after that youtube fix? Keep up. And please people let the man finish atleast this build first so we can have one stable build at least. Kit Kat will come in future.

Guest blairpoodle

So Dazzozo man if you fix youtube green bar there is no more major bugs in this build? I mean you practicly going to finish this this build after that youtube fix? Keep up. And please people let the man finish atleast this build first so we can have one stable build at least. Kit Kat will come in future.

Cough * Google Play Music * Cough

Why always complaining about ending this ROM before moving to KitKat ... He said bug fix will come in time probably but he wants to concentrate most on 4.4 ... I think it's better so ... Better a new version but more important an aosp one ... Stop complaining and dazzozo I think you should get things clear so people so being boring

Guest big_bloke

Am I the only one who lost the torch from quick access panel with the last update?

The last time this happened to me I booted to recovery wiped dalvik and cache then restarted. It fixed it for me.

Guest danny19901

If Daz wants to work on kitkat then let him be he does this in his free time and he is keeping us updated with latest android we should be grateful with what we have at moment YouTube ain't a big issue for me but HW is as its needed in some games but however I'm happy with what I have and hopefully Kitkat will run and work perfectly as soon as audio and calling, texting work as well as data I'm happy as I'm not much of cam user, barely watch videos don't use wifi only data so I'm pretty good if I can listen to music and make and receive texts and calls :)

OK YouTube greenbar is gone in HQ just tested so ROM is now perfect I think I'm gonna try MX player see if all good

Also try few games if you have time.

(Dead trigger please)

Guest KyleMac

I bought a G510 primarily as an Android based WiFi SIP (VOIP) phone but never has a device given me so much grief in setting up VOIP.

When using a SIP softphone with the stock Huawei ROM the mic is either silent (e.g. Linphone) or heavily distorted robotic static (e.g. CSipSimple). I think it may be dual mic related but it doesn't quite match the symptoms reported by others. This problem also doesn't effect regular phone calls, the voice recorder or Google voice search.

A post on here somewhere by someone with the same problem led me to ShockeyCzT's modified stock ROM. His ROM does indeed fix all SIP problems but is otherwise quite buggy.

Then I tried joestone's CM 10.1 ROM. The forum post mentions disabling dualmic so if my problem is dualmic related then this ROM may address it. However for some reason with this ROM I can't get my SIP registration to stick. It either unregisters as soon as I make a call (CSipSimple) or refuses to register at all (Linphone).

Finally I came here to Dazzozo's CM 10.2 ROM. Despite being the youngest ROM it feels like the most stable but it has the same SIP/VOIP problems as the stock ROM. I tried adding "ro.config.dualmic=false" anyway but it made no difference and often causes the entire OS to crash and reset.

So has anyone managed to get a proper SIP softphone to work on the G510 in a stable ROM (preferably this ROM)? I'm out of ideas at this point.

Guest danny19901

OK I have tried MX player and a few other video players HW in MX doesn't seem to want to play any of my videos HW vplayer paid version plays videos in HW but blackscreen and audio only no picture but at least its progress thanks for no green bar on YouTube on HQ :)