[ROM][ZTE Skate] H3 Holo (Dolby Audio + Linaro optimized kernel + frandom + ROW I/O scheduler)

Guest H3ROS

this is bad, go back to the H3Blues

H3 Blues has more bugs and less performance. This is near flawless. In fact the only thing you say you have a problem with is bluetooth, yet that's working fine here. I will of course double check everything, but how does that make it "bad" when it's just 1 thing and this is the very first public release?

I think what people need to realise is that if you like speed then you'll like the ROM, but if you like smooth transitions then they're not really there because it's Gingerbread. And that's not to say that there won't be any smoothness to it, but that Jelly Bean will of course be smoother due to project butter. So if you're coming from a 4.x ROM then you'd lose the smoothness and that gets replaced with speed (things loading instantly) and stability as everything will work.

@ honigfisch

I've sent you a private message.

Edited by H3ROS

Okay, so my laptop works with bluetooth but my PC is having problems. I think I can see the problem so I'll get that fixed and push an OTA update when it's ready.

EDIT: It's as I thought. It's looking for code from the old music apk, so I'll try to patch that. For the time being the solution is simple though. Don't use bluetooth.

The issue has occured because the change to Shuttle was very recent. In fact I'd only applied it 10 minutes before handing out the very first version to testers.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Ridik_nav

I'll wait for a stable version with all features working :-), please explain, you have two versions of the firmware, what's the difference between them

The regular version is for the ZTE Skate, OMC and similar devices. The SFR version has a different kernel and hardware key layout.

I've just confirmed that the bluetooth issue is caused by the music app being replaced. I don't really want to add that back, so I'm currently trying to find a way to work around the issue. I'm surprised none of the testers mentioned it before I released the ROM.

Guest RogyHyde

I've just confirmed that the bluetooth issue is caused by the music app being replaced. I don't really want to add that back, so I'm currently trying to find a way to work around the issue. I'm surprised none of the testers mentioned it before I released the ROM.

I fact, I mentioned you I couldn't pair my N4 (stock rom)… and because it's my only Bluetooth-working device, I couldn't assure you it wasn't the hardware of my Skate.

Guest xander21

I have installed the rom. No problem about this.

I wanted to format my SD partition from parameters and it formatted it to "RAW" but this is unreadable on computer.
I formatted partition on computer using FAT32 but now phone said it's not formatted.
I think I have forget something, what the type of the partition I must have ? FAT16 ?

Guest xander21

I use CWM 6.0.2.7.

I have mount partition under CWM to format it.
I'm restarting phone.
We will see.

edit : It worked this way.

Edited by xander21

it's VERY VERY GOOD compared to H3 blues (i was on h3 blues befor the test version so i know what i'm saying) ,and how the hell i can use my BT to send files(rar zip jpg mp4 7z doc txt)  properly ? any way H3ER0 U ROCK MAN good job keep it on ;)

I use CWM 6.0.2.7.

I have mount partition under CWM to format it.

I'm restarting phone.

We will see.

I use an older version, so maybe that's why.

@ ousZTE

I'm working on a fix as we speak. So far it's coming along fine :)

Guest xander21

Had a crash with the option "lyrics" on shuttle.

Still can't choose my MP3 as ringtone :(  but can for alarm with "Alarm Clock".  :wub:

Edited by xander21

Had a crash with the option "lyrics" on shuttle.

That'd be a Shuttle bug. If you could logcat it then the dev might fix it.

To select an MP3 of a ringtone open Shuttle and then on the playlist hold your finger down on the song name. You should see the option there :)

Edited by H3ROS

do we have to upgrade from the beta version ?

Yes. Although you might want to wait for the next update anyway.

@ xander21

It is. I'll forward the bug to the dev :)

Some of the work I've done before I've lost, so I'm having to redo pretty much everything related to bluetooth.

I noticed that one Spanish user seems to be having an issue with Whatsapp. My guess is that he's enabled bluetooth and needs to disable it and reboot.

hey i'v tested PurePerformance Mod on H3 holo and gess what!! it realy maks change i'm geting 2786 on benchmark with the same configuration :D

It shouldn't make any difference to be honest. In fact I'm surprised you can still boot, since the ROM already has my own script to handle that stuff.

* The file systems already tuned

* DNS is already tweaked

* Network settings are already tweaked

* Memory is already tweaked

* Crossbreader isn't needed because the ROM has frandom

* The ROM already zip aligns apk's

* The ROM already optimizes SQL databases

EDIT: I think I've fully fixed up bluetooth. I'm just about to test it from a fresh install to make sure.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest RogyHyde

I noticed that one Spanish user seems to be having an issue with Whatsapp. My guess is that he's enabled bluetooth and needs to disable it and reboot.

WhatsApp is fully working with Bluetooth deactivated for me (Spanish, too). Just in case, I didn't have any issues with it, and push notifications work perfectly.

WhatsApp is fully working with Bluetooth deactivated for me (Spanish, too). Just in case, I didn't have any issues with it, and push notifications work perfectly.

In that case it could be that the media scanner caught up with him if he had a lot on his SD card.

The update to fix bluetooth will be a minor update, so it won't require any wipes.