[ROM] Miui v5 4.0.10 [PL/ENG] Y300/G510

Guest masterpascaler

Guest masterpascaler

It is possible, but i will not port it, as i found cm10.1 very buggy on Y300, and very unstable (tried many versions of cm10.1 - josalaito's kraizelo's, some unnofficials on so on - none working properly), so for me it is waste of time

Guest TangerineTractor

its got a "slightly" milky screen but not unusable.

Some nice features, and seems fast enough. Had a couple of lags but that was during installing and syncing my apps and data. Lots of extra apps that I wouldn't personally use, just tring freezing them now to see which can be removed.

Guest TangerineTractor

So far, everything working - video recording and playback, tvcatchup, 3g, wifi... no issues. Managed to dial and hang up a phone call no problem.

Installed everything I need (exchange mail, opera, falcon, etc) and Nova launcher then wiped cache and dalvik again for cleanliness. Seems good. Like I said, slightly mily but no biggie.

I uninstalled system apps I don't use, like some of the google ones, default launcher, sim toolkit, etc. Froze others like blocklist, data usage, download manager, permission maanger, power saving wizard, themes, transfer, updater, weather provider....

Guest masterpascaler

Had very heavy battery drain - 10% in 45 mins doing virtually nothing....

Really ? Shouldn't be. I've got 18% drain in 8,5h today with calling, sms, and HSPA access for about 1 hour

Guest TangerineTractor

Really ? Shouldn't be. I've got 18% drain in 8,5h today with calling, sms, and HSPA access for about 1 hour

Yep. Out for my lunch on 3g could see it dropping by 1% every minute!

Reverted to my old fave rom for now - think I'd give this another go if the screen wasn't milky - it's useable, but when you know what it's like on a non-milky screen you feel you're missing out...

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest masterpascaler

Reverted to my old fave rom for now - think I'd give this another go if the screen wasn't milky - it's useable, but when you know what it's like on a non-milky screen you feel you're missing out...

Strange. Anyone else have same problem with battery drain ?

About milky screen - can anyone point me what you mean by milky screen ? I have no idea, and as i have no idea, a can't do anything to solve the matter (and it is 2nd person who says that my rom have milky screen, hmm )

Guest TangerineTractor

Strange. Anyone else have same problem with battery drain ?

About milky screen - can anyone point me what you mean by milky screen ? I have no idea, and as i have no idea, a can't do anything to solve the matter (and it is 2nd person who says that my rom have milky screen, hmm )

The colours are a bit pale and washed out - you can't see it on a screenshot - it was an issue in Y300 CM ROMS until recently.

Until Daz gave kernel updates all the CMs was milky...

May i know the base rom of this...or are you building it from source???

Edit: Ohhh...found it it's Mr.mario's... :D

Edited by MasterRck

Guest Waqar118

M sorry out of topic but which rom is ur favourite?

Guest TangerineTractor

M sorry out of topic but which rom is ur favourite?

I always end up back at Lunatic Pandora 4.1... it's b196 based, has brilliant battery life, is fast, smooth and rock solid. Everything just works. 4.3 is possibly faster but battery life isn't as good. Cm roms are nice, but don't give enough extras to be worth the instability or bugs.

Guest TayoOnabule

I always end up back at Lunatic Pandora 4.1... it's b196 based, has brilliant battery life, is fast, smooth and rock solid. Everything just works. 4.3 is possibly faster but battery life isn't as good. Cm roms are nice, but don't give enough extras to be worth the instability or bugs.

Though i agree 4.1 is extremely stable and great battery life, do you not kinda like cm10 r11? it's smooth as anything and the battery is pretty good. idk, just ma opinion :3

Guest TangerineTractor

Though i agree 4.1 is extremely stable and great battery life, do you not kinda like cm10 r11? it's smooth as anything and the battery is pretty good. idk, just ma opinion :3

What do you get from cm 10.1 that you don't get from stock? Themes, quick settings... that's about it... yet battery is not as good and performance is no better. And you get bugs... video recording and playback primarily.