[ROM] RECA S005 [Updated! V1.1] [DEODEXED, ZIPALIGNED, ROOTED!] AROMA Installer featured

Guest bobbes

Hi. I have a question... When someone calls, how do the answer/reject/reject with message buttons look like? Stock Android or stock Acer?

Depends on what you choose while installing ;-) If you choose AcerShell Enabled it will show you Acer callerscreen, if disabled the stock Android

Edited by bobbes

Guest Spacecaker

Depends on what you choose while installing ;-) If you choose AcerShell Enabled it will show you Acer callerscreen, if disabled the stock Android

nope even when u disable acershell u get the Original acer shell dialer and such incall etc

only small parts of GUI change

Guest Spacecaker

I tried to upgrade over CM10, but doesn't boot :'(

Wipe Data

Wipe Cache

Wipe Dalvik

Format System

E/System  (694):  ************ Failure starting core service 

u have lots of permission errors of signatures..

wich is caused by either not formatting system properly or wiping properly.

I dont think you understood, there is a option in aroma installer to upgrade over the current rom ( installing just the system without wiping data ). If I wipe data and cache and I install the ROM normally it works,

Guest razvankim

In the next version..if you release it make a extended power menu ( boot to recovery , reboot , extended desktop [that would be a great feature..] ) that.s my list... if you want i can be your tester :d

Guest lone-wolf

RECA S005 ROM
ROM based on original Acer_AV051_S500_1.063.00_WW_GEN1 Acer JellyBean Firmware

[...]

Great ROM, thank you very much!

Thx, bobbes!

I`ll try... sometimes.

Maybe somebody else has already install RECA ROM over ORGROD firmware.

If it is so, please post your opinion!

Thx in advance, Dan

Installed it over EMEA_ORGROD firmware and works like a charm. 

post-1024267-0-62344500-1387570730_thumb

If you want to try it, you must have unlocked bootloader!

In the next version..if you release it make a extended power menu ( boot to recovery , reboot , extended desktop [that would be a great feature..] ) that.s my list... if you want i can be your tester :d

That can all be done using xposed and gravitybox, that's what i do :)

after 3 days of use, i must admit, this is (in my opnion) by far the best ROM i used for this phone yet !

It is very fluid and smooth, better then stock, system r/w, gravitybox working as it is supposed to, ...

I was actually considering to buy another phone because of the lag i was experiencing, but my phone feels like new !

Even the batterylife is good, although i don't understand why it would differ that much from other ROM's ?

I whiped, installed and restored with titanium as always, but this time it just seems ... better ...

Tnx bobbes ! (not in any way neglecting or forgetting the efforts others like SpaceCaker, davinadevil, vache, shr3ps did for this phone ! )

Guest spiderman07

terminal emulator crashes when launched...but i delete it like google TTS and install again from marked and work perfect.

Edited by spiderman07

terminal emulator crashes when launched...but i delete it like google TTS and install again from marked and work perfect.

Thanks, I'll fix it together with GoogleTTS in upcoming version.......

Guest spiderman07

Also another annoying bugg....very actually.

If you install ROM with AcerCloud you will have a bad time.. after i connect to my wireless network to add my google account acer cloud will crash.."AcerCloud has stopped working".. after you click ok.. message pops up imediatly and can't to anything...had to reinstall ROM.

i assume i can install it from market like terminal...

Also another annoying bugg....very actually.

If you install ROM with AcerCloud you will have a bad time.. after i connect to my wireless network to add my google account acer cloud will crash.."AcerCloud has stopped working".. after you click ok.. message pops up imediatly and can't to anything...had to reinstall ROM.

i assume i can install it from market like terminal...

Yes, you can install it via Google Play. I think I found what is causing the trouble........i'll fix it soon in upcoming version.

Guest goeneagoe

Hi,

hello everyone ..

recently i flashed reca rom
everything is great and all except the google play store ..
i've downloaded asphalt 8 market to get .. but when i download them i get this message : 

"Asphalt 8" could not be downloaded due to an error. (942)

can someone help me please ?

With other roms work .....but i really like this rom ,can anyone help me???
thanks !

Guest bobbes

Hi,

hello everyone ..

recently i flashed reca rom

everything is great and all except the google play store ..

i've downloaded asphalt 8 market to get .. but when i download them i get this message : 

"Asphalt 8" could not be downloaded due to an error. (942)

can someone help me please ?

With other roms work .....but i really like this rom ,can anyone help me???

thanks !

It could be caused by a few things:

1. Your LCD density. Set it back to 320. (run the installer and choose for update/modify, then choose normal density)

2.More likely: there are a few Google Apps issues with v1.0 of RECA ROM. Maybe this is why it cause a problem with Asphalt 8. RECA v1.1 is soon to be released where I fixed the crashes and errors of some system apps. In the meanwhile you can try to install http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip in CWM or TWRP

Remember to make a backup before you change anything....

Please let us know what fixed your problem.