[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest laciegy

Well, I'm still going to have my Blade III. Sure I can still do builds but it's not going to be tested in daily use as before. There's really not much device specific things left to do anyway. It would be mostly just keeping up with upstream CM. KitKat is most definately the last Android version this device is going to see. Actually it's already a bit stretched as it is (3.0 kernel + PMEM).

Yeah, I bought a Moto G. It's pretty much the only sensible non-Nexus device available at the moment.

KonstaT can u tell me why isnt working the xposed installer when i install it every app Force closeing :/ if u can help i would be soo happy

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Just to let everyone know, I've retired my Blade III in favor of better things. If there's ever been any quality in my work - it's only downhill from now on. ;)

Well Sir, It's been a priviledge to have seen your work in action. I certainly concur with the weird one... You'll be missed around here alright. Even if I never get my hands on a Moto G (and they just landed here in NZ, thankfully without any obscure name like R22), I have to admit that a lot of savvy consumers are going to wind up with a Moto G as their first smartphone, and I reckon you're going to make a lot of people happy. Probably Android fans for good. At least it seems as if that's Motorola's intentions (getting smartphones into the hands of people that didn't think they could afford one), which I find noble, if not rather shrewd. It's quite clear your heart is in the right place, and to that end, may I say, that even if I never get one, I support your efforts all the way. You're a gentleman and a scholar.

I wish them (Motorola) and you all the best.

dude u did so much for this cheap phone like no one ever, ur nick is writen in glory phonebook of blade III masters

Damn straight. Who needs e-cards and e-flowers when you can just call them, right?

Edit: "Not even, ow!"

Tnx for all the time you spent in making this phone usable.You will be missed.

Aye.

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest GizmoTheGreen

Well, I'm still going to have my Blade III. Sure I can still do builds but it's not going to be tested in daily use as before. There's really not much device specific things left to do anyway. It would be mostly just keeping up with upstream CM. KitKat is most definately the last Android version this device is going to see. Actually it's already a bit stretched as it is (3.0 kernel + PMEM).

Yeah, I bought a Moto G. It's pretty much the only sensible non-Nexus device available at the moment.

I feel like a psychic. I'll be getting a Moto G as my next device then.

Not saying I expect you to put out stuff for it, but it's a good price for a good device and lots of stuff going on already.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

may I ask which device? ;)

I've been eyeing out the moto G

Not saying I expect you to put out stuff for it, but it's a good price for a good device and lots of stuff going on already.

Yup. You got me O_o

Let's file that one under 'W' for What the!?!

Guest ZteLegend

Can please somebody help me?

I cant install any app from Google Play.

When i try to download any app it comes to 100% downloaded and stays here.

It must be a thing with your internet connection,mine works great. And as Konstat leaving goes,you sir deserve to retire. As many told before you turned this cheap device into something special and great. I wish you all the greatest,it will take me all summer to work for Moto G but I will never forget Blade 3. I sincerely wish you the greatest dude. Thanks for everything.

Guest KonstaT

It's a great little device. I doubt anyone could be dissappointed. dhacker29 has already done initial CM bring up and I'm sure it will go official sooner or later. Thanks to that there's also already a port of every silly CM-based ROM out there. :P I'm already rocking my own CM self build with quite a few small fixes and extra features (I only voided my warranty today). I'm sure I'll find some way to contibute back but I don't plan to be maintaining any ROMs (at least for now). ;)

[/offtopic]

Guest taurus84

But you will continue with the development of this rom? Please respond positively. :-) You are the last hope for us and our cheap phone.

Edited by taurus84

Guest GizmoTheGreen

But you will continue with the development of this rom? Please respond positively. :-) You are the last hope for us and our cheap phone.

He already said he might make updated build but he won't test them himself. pretty much just keeping up with cm patches

Guest taurus84

He already said he might make updated build but he won't test them himself. pretty much just keeping up with cm patches

That's why we're here. :) We will help KonstaT with testing.

Edited by taurus84

Guest rangeoshun

@KonstaT: Google should give you a phone for free! Your name - and fine work - seems to sell a device :D And as always, thank you!

Edited by rangeoshun

Guest Riddermark

Hello!

I have finally managed to logcat the elusive android.media.process error message spam. My phone was working OK when I got a random restart. After that all hell broke loose and it started spamming me that media error. I quickly managed to turn logcat on and record several instances of the error. One of them was easily reproducible by starting the Apollo player from the widget.

I hope these logs shed some light. After I did a regular restart though it fixed itself. I hope u find this useful KonstaT and keep up the good work :D

Log_2014-01-27_09-28-34.txt

Log_2014-01-24_23-39-09.txt

Guest KonstaT

Hello!

I have finally managed to logcat the elusive android.media.process error message spam. My phone was working OK when I got a random restart. After that all hell broke loose and it started spamming me that media error. I quickly managed to turn logcat on and record several instances of the error. One of them was easily reproducible by starting the Apollo player from the widget.

I hope these logs shed some light. After I did a regular restart though it fixed itself. I hope u find this useful KonstaT and keep up the good work :D

There's still no bactrace for the actual segfault that caused the soft reboot. There's been plenty of logs of the media provider force-close already. It's only the symptoms (wrong external volume ID after some system services have restarted) - not the cause. I don't think there's other ways to catch it than to do 'adb logcat' right after a soft reboot happens.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

There's still no bactrace for the actual segfault that caused the soft reboot. There's been plenty of logs of the media provider force-close already. It's only the symptoms (wrong external volume ID after some system services have restarted) - not the cause. I don't think there's other ways to catch it than to do 'adb logcat' right after a soft reboot happens.

I guess we'll need someone random and crazy enough to try log-catting a device for a few hours while waiting for the error. Good try Riddermark. Looks like you're on the right track though. I certainly got one using Apollo before flashing the gapps on the next boot. I'm very tempted to log the first hour of a new flash, but am worried at the humongous size of the log.

Hello! Problems using latest firmware 4.4.2 (CM11):

1. On inbound call, caller photo is overlapped with a black rectangle
with a slider to answer. Could this rectangle be transparent?

2. On inbound call the screen wakes up with a delay of 1-2 seconds.
Is this normal behavior?

Guest Riddermark

@MJonMoDaCo and KonstaT,

Ah dammit. I was so sure I nailed it this time! I will certainly try again. I do remember that I did get the error when I fresh installed as well. But the message popped just once I believe. I already saw a thread on xda on how to logcat with ADB, so I might do this insane test of having the device under the radar for a few hours this weekend.

As i'm totally new to this- I wanted to ask if there's any point in reporting the yellow-coded logcat messages? They do seem like warnings or light errors - just for the sake of maybe improving the rom.

Thanks guys for everything!

Guest AntonisGti
  •  KonstaT
  • I wanna thank you for the gr8 mod you have made! So, I want to ask if its any way to remove overclock from kernel??? Everytime I set from settings menu cpu freq to 1008 and run antutu benchmark and antutu says cpu freq 1240Mhz.

Sorry for my bad English!! :)

Guest KonstaT

Hello! Problems using latest firmware 4.4.2 (CM11):

1. On inbound call, caller photo is overlapped with a black rectangle

with a slider to answer. Could this rectangle be transparent?

2. On inbound call the screen wakes up with a delay of 1-2 seconds.

Is this normal behavior?

1. That is currently default AOSP behaviour. Feel free to include this in your build (instructions in the third post).

2. It's most definitely not normal to have KitKat on a msm7x27a device. Maybe if you had a non-sh*t device it wouldn't have unnecessary lags/delays. :P Waiting for one second is totally unacceptable in this hectic world we live in. I can't imagine the discomfort this must cause you. ;)

@MJonMoDaCo and KonstaT,

Ah dammit. I was so sure I nailed it this time! I will certainly try again. I do remember that I did get the error when I fresh installed as well. But the message popped just once I believe. I already saw a thread on xda on how to logcat with ADB, so I might do this insane test of having the device under the radar for a few hours this weekend.

As i'm totally new to this- I wanted to ask if there's any point in reporting the yellow-coded logcat messages? They do seem like warnings or light errors - just for the sake of maybe improving the rom.

Thanks guys for everything!

I have no clue what you're talking about. :P Logcat isn't color-coded but maybe some external logcat apps use different colors to emphasize different priority levels (V - Verbose, D - Debug, I - Info, W - Warning, E - Error, F - Fatal). It still doesn't mean that all 'errors' in logcat are actual errors and nothing else wasn't useful. It all kind of depends on the purpose.

'adb logcat > filename.txt' soon after a soft reboot should do it. There's quite a bit of buffered log that you'll also get. 

•  KonstaT
  • I wanna thank you for the gr8 mod you have made! So, I want to ask if its any way to remove overclock from kernel??? Everytime I set from settings menu cpu freq to 1008 and run antutu benchmark and antutu says cpu freq 1240Mhz.

Sorry for my bad English!! :)

You'd have to build the kernel with CONFIG_MSM7X27A_OVERCLOCK unset. Latest AnTuTu versions report the biggest available CPU freq no matter what for some unknown reason (it's their issue or how they've designed it).

Guest Moldova

can someone explain, why it`s not possible to get rid of operator sim lock?

where this information is stored that it`s not accesible even after rooting?

Guest MJonMoDaCo

can someone explain, why it`s not possible to get rid of operator sim lock?

where this information is stored that it`s not accesible even after rooting?

Because its not unlocked after rooting. There's a series of codes that you input using the phone dialer that unlocks an engineering type mode that deals with such things. Its unique to most models of phone if not manufacturer. In any case, rooting isn't designed for that, and this thread isn't the right place.

Edit: Oh, wait:

i have blade 1 and yestarday bought blade 3

i didn`t observe that it had just 2 remaining atemts to unblock operator SIM lock

so i locked phone :(

i searched all the internet for any kind of solution, in 10 hours of atempts to achieve - i have installed THIS rom!

now the phone is loading ok, but no one sim doesnt work - phone is still SIM locked.

ANY home made solutions?

thanks in advice.

You bought phone but no PUK code? Owned. etc ... in that case...

Unlock Sim Lock

Get a new Sim card

XD

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest jbrolin

@everyone, konstaTs Roms are great and do work, if you have problems, here is a list what to do.

1. wipe everything.

2. do not install any extra apps (except gapps)

3. test 

4. if problem persists, exchange sdcard.

5. if problem persist, restore phone, unroot, install original rom, then root again and install CMx

6 if problem persists, ask nicely and send logs

Since KonstaT always makes huge efforts to build these ROMs for FREE, you also have to make some effort before whining like a baby.

@konstaT, thank you for all your efforts. I am retiring my Blade III now since the display cracked. Even though I have not recieved my Nexus yet, I am already missing my Blade III. So once again thank you for creating all the great ROMs, the last KitKat was to good to be true :)  Do not listen to everyone whining about everything! Over and out for now.  

Edited by jbrolin