[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest bequite

As always an excellent build. I just wanted to tell you that I had some problems with WiFi. I've read on this and some other forums for ZTE Blade 3 that some people complain that they WiFi stuck and cannot enable or disable wifi until phone restart. The same thing happened to me a few times. If you find a little free time see WiFi in source, maybe you find something weird. This was happening to me only with CM11.

One question for stock web browser. Do you maybe know why cannot hide address bar and why there is no preview images (for example Youtube video preview images)? Is there a way to fix it?

I have a few suggestions for some of the next builds, if you don't mind.

1.Camera panorama mode works but it is slow and has a glitch. I think this feature is rarely used, especially with our camera. If I were you, I would disabled this function but I'm not so this is only suggestion.

2.Notification LED color maybe you can change to green by default (00ff00).

3.Also lock screen animation (electron beam) looks very strange on our phone (that's my opinion, maybe I'm wrong, maybe it looks like same on all phones with CM11) so I will disable this also or at least changed to fade animation by default.

I know that this things to you is not essential, but I would simply like you make this a clean rom. Don't get me wrong, these are not complaints or objections. These are just my suggestions, which of course does not have to accept. I will respect every your decision because I love your work. I will definitely use this or any next build of CM11 rom whatever it was. One more time, I wish you all the best. ;)

Edited by bequite

Guest plantroon

The new FIle Manager icon looks badass! :D

Signal is still broken for me :( Not specific to the 3/20 build, it actually happened before I flashed it ... android crappin out ... just that xD

Wifi still seems to be working fine ... 

@bequite ur problem may be the same as mine, just fully WIPE DATA and NEVER  ENABLE GOOGLE BACKUP/RESTORE! There are some files randomly all over the filesystem that Google copies to their servers and even though you ask to remove them, they won't because it's waiting to be sent to NSA for special purposes...

@KonstaT Moto G is cheap as hell over here, is IT DAMN WORTH IT ??? :D cos ... rly cool phone from wat I see and Blade 3 is just getting on my nerves too much, I punched it to the ground and then kicked it and now the back side of the phone is loose and battery falls off xDDD The display didn't crack, I'm impressed .. we don't even need gorilla glass :D

I still believe in better OSes than Android that would actually get as much options / support as Android (in terms of apps / games /....) Also, web browsing isn't that good on other platforms and I just don't want to overpay for iPawn things cos they're an overkill (low performance, much money for mobile devices)

Guest KonstaT

1.Camera panorama mode works but it is slow and has a glitch. I think this feature is rarely used, especially with our camera. If I were you, I would disabled this function but I'm not so this is only suggestion.

2.Notification LED color maybe you can change to green by default (00ff00).

3.Also lock screen animation (electron beam) looks very strange on our phone (that's my opinion, maybe I'm wrong, maybe it looks like same on all phones with CM11) so I will disable this also or at least changed to fade animation by default.

1. No, not removing it. You don't have to use it.
2. No, not changing it. There's an option to change the color (and no, you can't change it to blue, pink or purple even though some people have thought that they should be able to :P)
3. No, not disabling it. There's an option to disable it.

@KonstaT Moto G is cheap as hell over here, is IT DAMN WORTH IT ??? :D cos ... rly cool phone from wat I see and Blade 3 is just getting on my nerves too much, I punched it to the ground and then kicked it and now the back side of the phone is loose and battery falls off xDDD The display didn't crack, I'm impressed .. we don't even need gorilla glass :D

I still believe in better OSes than Android that would actually get as much options / support as Android (in terms of apps / games /....) Also, web browsing isn't that good on other platforms and I just don't want to overpay for iPawn things cos they're an overkill (low performance, much money for mobile devices)

Worth every penny. With recent event (Lenovorola deal and Google Play device shop finally opening in my country) it probably wouldn't be the device that I'd purcase right now though.

Why would you buy another Android device since you hate it so much? There's also some pretty decent Nokia Lumias for the price.

I saw f2fs choice in link2sd app.I'v tried ,did not work.how can we use the f2fs system.How do I format my SD card with f2fs

I highly doubt that anything other than FAT will work properly as primary sdcard partition (afaik there's even some issues with EXT). Even if you managed to format it to F2FS, there is no support for it in our kernel anyway.

What are you doing with link2sd app anyway? There's plenty of internal storage available for your apps (that you even can't use for other purposes). Moving apps to sdcard would be just intentionally making things slower and terrible...

Guest plantroon

Worth every penny. With recent event (Lenovorola deal and Google Play device shop finally opening in my country) it probably wouldn't be the device that I'd purcase right now though.

Why would you buy another Android device since you hate it so much? There's also some pretty decent Nokia Lumias for the price.

Because you have Moto G so there will definitely be some decent ubuntu touch ROM for it :D::DD Nokia Lumias can't run all the software that I need ... that's the problem .... and I already have Windows 8.1 on my PC and WP 8.1 is a lot different .. which is weird ... that's why I Don't want it xD

Guest KonstaT

Because you have Moto G so there will definitely be some decent ubuntu touch ROM for it :D

There's even no words to describe how incredible piece of sh*t Ubuntu Touch is. I wouldn't even touch that with a ten-foot pole anymore.

If you want an Ubuntu Touch device, then buy a device that they officially support (Nexus). Any community ports will always have outstanding issues and that scene is now completely dead after the initial interest anyway.

Guest Zsebes01

Hi KonstaT.Please help me.

I use your rom and randomly android process media stop.

So i cant hear the ringtone and alarm and all sound.

I tryed reinstall...factory reset,cache,install rom,install gapps and not helped.

Can you help me how can i repair??

Sorry,my english is sucks :)

Guest led light

I love this rom. It's perfect and fast like Ferrari but one thing bothers me. And that's my username :) (led light). I have read that people have complained about this. Also I've already read your reply but I still have to whine. :( Mine problem is even slightly worse than the others. My notification led light always blink very fast and sometimes in a different color. Like a disco ball or strobe. :D I'm really afraid that one day die (LED). Everything works normally for a while (few days) and then go crazy. I tried reset, factory reset, full wipe data, cache and dalvik. Nothing helped. At one point I thought that LED light is dead so I went back to the stock ROM. But on stock rom everything work fine. So, this is not an isolated case, I read about this problem on several forums. All of us who have a problem with this would be grateful if you try to figure out where the problem is and how we can solve it or to be precise, how you can solve it. I hope you'll try to do something. Hope dies last. :)

Guest MJonMoDaCo

But on stock rom everything work fine. 

Let's just wait for the chorus....

Hope dies last.  :)

Thanks to repositories and clouds - hope is now eternal  ^_^

I use your rom and randomly android process media stop.

So i cant hear the ringtone and alarm and all sound.

I tryed reinstall...factory reset,cache,install rom,install gapps and not helped.

Can you help me how can i repair??

Speaking of stock ROMs, going back to stock ROM fixed that problem. Then re-root, re-flash CWM then CM11 + Gapps it's worth the 20 mins extra time and effort to not see that annoyance.

@Everyone else... I've just had a rather frustrating time with a usb extender cable. It started when I used a external usb-hub with my computer so I could charge two devices as well as have access to external USB HDD. Anyway, essentially it wouldn't charge the phone without the use of that extender cable!! Even when charging from the wall socket!! Truly bizarre behavior. I hadn't noticed this anomaly until my phone refused to charge, but my 2nd (Android!) phone would, with the same (micro USB) cable, without the extender! My phone's battery got to less than 5% battery power before I noticed what WOULD charge the phone (must use extender cable), then got my hands on stock ROM. It's fixed now :D And so effectively, my Winblows computer and my Android phone had a scrap over a USB cable. Excuse my rudimentary understanding, but under this context, Android "won" (i.e. That's YOUR USB-Hub, computer. But that extender cable? Don't touch it!).

@Konsta, what in the world happened here? Did some strange kind of Hardware ID get assigned to that cable for my phone? I mean - it's not even the micro USB cable that the phone needs!! Does it matter if the micro USB cable was a Blackberry cable? If it's of interest to you, I *could* try and reproduce it for you, but I'm guessing you already know what's happened.

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest hbogdanov

My camera also stopped after upgrading to 3.20. Before that, phone was with 1.14 and camera worked fine.

Does it make sense to install again gapps-kk-core-20131217.zip or it has nothing in common with camera?

Guest KonstaT

Camera works just fine for me on 20.3. build. Try clearing data for camera under app setting and post a logcat after a clean install if that didn't help.

Guest hbogdanov

Camera works just fine for me on 20.3. build. Try clearing data for camera under app setting and post a logcat after a clean install if that didn't help.

Data clearing for camera app fixed it :)  Thanks KonstaT!

Guest KonstaT

How much /system ,  /data  and /cache i need for this ROM , it`s not mentioned in the first post ?

It fits the stock partition layout with plenty to spare. Unless you've come up with a method to repartition the internal storage, that's hardly relevant. :P

Guest mirko28

It fits the stock partition layout with plenty to spare. Unless you've come up with a method to repartition the internal storage, that's hardly relevant. :P

I have 160mb /system  , 2mb /cache and /data rest.Is it enough ?

Guest bequite

Since I have some problems with this rom (LED notification light, WiFi, I have already written about this problems), I have a question. Would it help formatting data and cache partitions (mounts and storage -> format /data, mounts and storage -> format /cache)? Is it safe at all? So far I did the following: mounts and storage -> format /system, wipe data and factory reset (I tried also wipe cache and dalvik), install rom, install gapps. I also tried: flash stock cwm, install stock rom and then flash KonstaT CWM and install CM11 rom. None of this helped. Always the same problems. That's why I ask this about formatting data and cache partitions. Thanks in advance.

Edited by bequite

Guest MJonMoDaCo

OMG this is blade 3 ROM. I thought this is for Blade I. :blush:

Really?

This is my port of CyanogenMod 11 for ZTE Blade III.

How'd you manage that?

Edit: * Google Search* = [DEV][ROM][20.3.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.2)

I get it now ;)  You want [DEV][ROM] [7.3] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.2)

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest TeTraHolder

I think that I'm going to start porting some stuff (experiment). Can this possibly be used as a base ROM or is it still too unstable. 

P.S. I can't rely on my instincts. 

Twas as beautiful as a raindrop and fast to reach thou end into the big hole of unforgiving- Life...

Guest pedjos83

One question I have cm 11-20131218 how to update system to this cm 11-20140320 and not lose any data that is not the whole phone back to factory settings?