[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest MJonMoDaCo

cricket pun?

;) and a bad one at that, no matter how obvious.

Got the new CWM

that worked

but it still won't install

curse you

new sdcard must be obtained

Whoa, tiger. two things first...

1) Try formatting the card (I heard that!). It at least gives it a chance to put any bad sectors aside, if there are any, thereby allowing you to use the cleaner sectors.

2) Get a 2nd card (I heard that too!). And ONLY PUT ROMS AND RECOVERIES ON IT. This helps protect them from the heavy fragmentation that goes on with general usage. I have a 4gb card for that and it's plenty. Its probably good to put a couple of backups there too. As long as you only use it while you're using recovery, then replace it with your usual before you reboot, then all is good.

After all, 3 months isn't long for an sdcard to last... Is it?

Owned, gutted and bugger et al.

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest ZteLegend

;) and a bad one at that, no matter how obvious.

Whoa, tiger. two things first...

1) Try formatting the card (I heard that!). It at least gives it a chance to put any bad sectors aside, if there are any, thereby allowing you to use the cleaner sectors.

2) Get a 2nd card (I heard that too!). And ONLY PUT ROMS AND RECOVERIES ON IT. This helps protect them from the heavy fragmentation that goes on with general usage. I have a 4gb card for that and it's plenty. Its probably good to put a couple of backups there too. As long as you only use it while you're using recovery, then replace it with your usual before you reboot, then all is good.

After all, 3 months isn't long for an sdcard to last... Is it?

Owned, gutted and bugger et al.

Funny thing about SD card formatting

Do you think I haven't tried that?

Not even that is working xD

I knew the first time I put it in my phone it was not okay

Or maybe my Blade reached it's limit...

Guest MJonMoDaCo

MY PHONE IS ALIVE

SD CARD, YOU'RE GETTING BURNED

Turns out I have the worst SD card in the world

dance-smiley04.gif Sweet. dancing-smileys09.gif Back in business  :ph34r:

Kicked that sd card to the kerb dance-smiley13.gif

Guest ZteLegend

So my friend has Moto X and I took his god damn phone

None

I can't find no difference in software

Google now

double tap to lock

everything else

I'm running GEL so that might be it xD

(Google Experience Launcher)

Guest KonstaT

Hello, what files do I need to change in boot.img-ramdisk or in the rom to work sd card? I have cyanogenmod 11 for zte v790 (roamer2)The sd card is not mounting. ANyways to fix that ?

link to rom from MAnfrommn 

https://yadi.sk/d/hiPSababNs68f

Like I've already replied to manfromnn couple of times, read the manual and follow the reference.

There's only three files to play with and it's the simplest thing ever. Do exactly that (physical primary only) and it will work without a doubt.

This thread is getting off topic once again...

Guest Dionis
How to build:

1. Follow instructions on initializing a build environment up to a point of downloading the source code.

2. Initialize CyanogenMod 11 repo.
repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-11.0
3. Add local manifest that downloads ZTE Blade III device config, props and kernel source from my github and few CM replacement projects from legaCyMod github.
curl --create-dirs -L -o .repo/local_manifests/local_manifest.xml -O -L https://raw.github.com/legaCyMod/android_local_manifest/cm-11.0/local_manifest.xml
curl -L -o .repo/local_manifests/manifest_zte_atlas40.xml -O -L https://raw.github.com/legaCyMod/android_local_manifest/cm-11.0/manifest_zte_atlas40.xml
4. SPAM source code.
repo sync
5. Update Terminal Emulator. (You only need to this again when Terminal has been updated.)
cd path-to/cm11/vendor/cm/
./get-prebuilts
6. Apply patches. There's patches needed for classic webview (1,2,3). Copy patches into respective project directories, cd into directories and apply patches.
git am -3 patchname.patch
7. Compile the ROM.
cd path-to/cm11/
. build/envsetup.sh
brunch atlas40
Use 'repo sync' to pull merged changes from upstream. Use 'make clobber' to clean the build environment. Repeat step 7 to make a new build.

This is important or now? We must make this step or not ?? 

Guest MJonMoDaCo

How to build:

1. Follow instructions on initializing a build environment up to a point of downloading the source code.

2. Initialize CyanogenMod 11 repo.
repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-11.0
3. Add local manifest that downloads ZTE Blade III device config, props and kernel source from my github and few CM replacement projects from legaCyMod github.
curl --create-dirs -L -o .repo/local_manifests/local_manifest.xml -O -L https://raw.github.com/legaCyMod/android_local_manifest/cm-11.0/local_manifest.xml
curl -L -o .repo/local_manifests/manifest_zte_atlas40.xml -O -L https://raw.github.com/legaCyMod/android_local_manifest/cm-11.0/manifest_zte_atlas40.xml
4. SPAM source code.
repo sync
5. Update Terminal Emulator. (You only need to this again when Terminal has been updated.)
cd path-to/cm11/vendor/cm/
./get-prebuilts
6. Apply patches. There's patches needed for classic webview (1,2,3). Copy patches into respective project directories, cd into directories and apply patches.
git am -3 patchname.patch
7. Compile the ROM.
cd path-to/cm11/
. build/envsetup.sh
brunch atlas40
Use 'repo sync' to pull merged changes from upstream. Use 'make clobber' to clean the build environment. Repeat step 7 to make a new build.

This is important or now? We must make this step or not ??

Not. That's the instructions to build it. If you ask that question then you shouldn't. Download from first post. Instructions in third post.

Guest DanAndroid

Hi, I have problem. After installing this, camera doesn't work, gallery doesn't work and default browser doesn't work. It says "has stopped working" when I start them. They did work for a little time, but stopped working. Do I need SIM card or microsd card to work them properly. I used Aurora borelias 4.0.4 earlier and it worked fine. Haven't used cyanogenmod before.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Hi, I have problem. After installing this, camera doesn't work, gallery doesn't work and default browser doesn't work. It says "has stopped working" when I start them. They did work for a little time, but stopped working. Do I need SIM card or microsd card to work them properly. I used Aurora borelias 4.0.4 earlier and it worked fine. Haven't used cyanogenmod before.

My only guess is you didn't format /system in ClockworkMod recovery. Its in the advanced menu. You'll have to start again using the instructions in the third post...

Guest gpablo1

Did you do a fresh and clean install? In your case, it is very important to do all wipes listed at the beginning of the post, because you're totally changing operating system. Remember to make a backup first. Even you should make a format in / system.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Did you do a fresh and clean install? In your case, it is very important to do all wipes listed at the beginning of the post, because you're totally changing operating system. Remember to make a backup first. Even you should make a format in / system.

Lol that'd be two votes for the /system partition. Get to work, Dan ;)

Guest DanAndroid

Hi, 

When sd card is on phone, camera, gallery and browser works. When removed they don't. I used ClockWorkMod 6.0.2.7 instead of 6.0.4.4. Is this normal behavior? Should those applications work when sd card is not installed?

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Hi,

When sd card is on phone, camera, gallery and browser works. When removed they don't. I used ClockWorkMod 6.0.2.7 instead of 6.0.4.4. Is this normal behavior? Should those applications work when sd card is not installed?

Aah, yes that is normal. Camera and gallery store to sdcard. Browser can be used without one until you want to download something...

Best you put one in... CWM should be okay. But if you're having troubles then grab an upgrade. I have 6.0.3.2 if 6.0.4.4 plays up, which it shouldn't.

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest minhnhat

Hello, i like this rom, but i have problem with it!( my english is bad)

I get this rom on blog of alekcacko and ported for my phone ( i'm using viettel v8403, it same as v790). everything is good, but it's no service. I tried replace lib and ../bin/ril and change radio modem as what thing alekcako told me, but it's not worked. Please help me fix it. Tks

Guest dexta

Hi, this rom i really god, but I have one problem.. When I take a call, and put my phone on ear screen locks, but when i put phone down, screen doesnt unlock.. And i can't hang up.. 
Sorry for bad english :D

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Hi, this rom i really god, but I have one problem.. When I take a call, and put my phone on ear screen locks, but when i put phone down, screen doesnt unlock.. And i can't hang up.. 

*Wonders which thread we had that on...*

Nevermind. Flash this in ClockWorkMod Recovery. Reboot and call someone. Smile.

Guest KonstaT

@Konstat

You should compile cm11 to Blade 1 too !!!!

I think I'm quite cabable of making the decision how to spend my free time. There's nothing here that I should do.

And maybe if you went to the right forum section and learned how to read, you'd find what you are looking for.

Hello, i like this rom, but i have problem with it!( my english is bad)

I get this rom on blog of alekcacko and ported for my phone ( i'm using viettel v8403, it same as v790). everything is good, but it's no service. I tried replace lib and ../bin/ril and change radio modem as what thing alekcako told me, but it's not worked. Please help me fix it. Tks

Then you clearly don't have an issue with _this_ ROM and are posting in the wrong place...

Does your proximity sensor work? Use e.g. CPU-Z to see you get a proper reading. Did you install following instructions on the third post?

If you still can reproduce it after a clean install, use the workaround MJonMoDaCo posted above. There's also an option to use power button to end the call in accessibility settings.

Guest dexta

Hey, just to say, I just restarde phone, and now everything works perfect :))
Tnx everyone for help..
I have one more question.. I there way to instal Serbian (Latin) language pack for keyboard? There is one Serbian language pack but, Cyrilic.. I need both Latin andd Cyrilic.. 
Tnx for help! :)