[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest D4NY3L

I have a big problem with google maps, it had a big lag and isn't smooth... Why? On stock ROM it is smooth when i navigate on map or i use pinch-to-zoom or scrolling.. On cm10/10.1 it's OK, but on cm11 no have a big extreme lag as it runs at 5fps or low FPS .....why? I have last update 2.7.

Edited by D4NY3L

Guest KonstaT

Hey, KonstaT, love your work... and love this rom... but I have a tiny problem that I need a litle bit help with.

I have a Nokia BH-503 bluetouth headset. On my old Samsung Galaxy pock (gt-s5300) and on the stock rom of the Blade 3 it worked perfectly. But for some reason now when I installed the CM 11, after I've connected it and I'm listening music on the headset, for time to time it just stops the music for 1 sec and starts it again from exactly where it stoped. Any ideas what may the problem be and (if you have the time) how to fix it. I really love this rom, it has made my life easy. I've been with it from 4.4.3 and last week I updated it to 4.4.4 hoping that the problem will be fixed, but it still stands.

Thanks in advance for the assistance. :)

I think that happens sometimes with regular headphones as well. You could try increasing your minumum CPU frequency from performance setting or editing /system/etc/audio_policy.conf and decreasing a2dp sampling rate.

07-30 21:48:32.618 D/Finsky  ( 7945): [1] InstallerImpl.kick: Installer kick null - starting com.android.chrome
07-30 21:48:32.948 W/GLSUser ( 1056): GoogleAccountDataService.getToken()
07-30 21:48:33.318 I/qtaguid ( 7945): Failed write_ctrl(u 75) res=-1 errno=22
07-30 21:48:33.338 I/qtaguid ( 7945): Untagging socket 75 failed errno=-22
07-30 21:48:33.338 W/NetworkManagementSocketTagger( 7945): untagSocket(75) failed with errno -22
07-30 21:48:33.388 E/Finsky  ( 7945): [1] InstallerTask.requireInternalStorageOrCancel: Cancel download of com.android.chrome because insufficient free space
07-30 21:48:33.398 D/Finsky  ( 7945): [1] InstallerTask.cancelCleanup: Cancel running installation of com.android.chrome

# df /cache /data                                                                                                                                     
Filesystem               Size     Used     Free   Blksize
/cache                 295.3M     5.4M   289.9M   4096
/data                    2.5G     2.2G   262.0M   4096

Insufficient free space, remove something first. 260mb is clearly not enough. :P

Is there any way to fix jittery maps and similar stuff?

I have a big problem with google maps, it had a big lag and isn't smooth... Why? On stock ROM it is smooth when i navigate on map or i use pinch-to-zoom or scrolling.. On cm10/10.1 it's OK, but on cm11 no have a big extreme lag as it runs at 5fps or low FPS .....why? I have last update 2.7.

Maps works just fine for me.

@KonstaT I have tow big problems with this ROM. I am sure that other people have this problem too:

1. With Android 4.4.4 I have the possibility to change the App Permissions. But I can't read everything. Image: http://s7.directupload.net/images/140801/cd58gef5.png

2. My Browser don't show any pictures. I make a short Video, to show the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb_sPZl2BLg

I hope you can help me. I have this problems since 4.4.2.

And there is already CyanogenMod 11 M8. Are you going to update this?

1. How about turning your device sideways? ;)

2. Asked and answered several times already. Please search the thread.

Please do explain what CyanogenMod M8 has to do with anything here. This is an unofficial CyanogenMod build and it's been always built from cm-11.0 'master' branch just like a nightly would. There's absolutely no point in making builds from tags or so called 'stable' branches. You can't report issues to CM bug tracker either way.

Guest Otila

Insufficient free space, remove something first. 260mb is clearly not enough. :P

I thought it wanted to download to /cache , and the thing did not bother telling which partition it was writing to..

Now with 337 MiB free at /data I can update apps.

Guest KonstaT

I thought it wanted to download to /cache , and the thing did not bother telling which partition it was writing to..

Now with 337 MiB free at /data I can update apps.

Nothing uses /cache these days. Custom recoveries store some logs there. Official ZTE OTA updates are also downloaded to /cache if you're using stock ROM. You could use /cache to store dalvik cache (set dalvik.vm.dexopt-data-only=0) but ~300mb is hardly enough for everyone to do that.

Download provider caches downloads and it's in /data/data/com.android.providers.downloads. Iirc it was last in gingerbread when /cache was used for downloads. ;)

Guest Vertu

Hi all! Would someone take a look at these logs please and tell me what is it all about? I was using previous version of KonstaT's ROM (4.4.3) with few additional apps installed and all worked fine, except that Pou thing my girls installed. :angry2: After few crashes (see logs) I switched to 4.4.4. and all is fine now. :) Anyway, I'd like to know more about crash logs.Thanx! :cheers:

SD card crash: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6pqd8j4x2jpmd5l/SDCardCrash_Log_2014-07-22_20-26-18.txt

Fatal errors-log 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0y7x7yclb3yf5kg/Fatal1_gasenje_Log_2014-07-30_20-56-56.txt

Fatal errors-log 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mvg63rvk6c747my/Fatal2_gasenje_Log_2014-07-30_20-57-35.txt

Edited by Vertu

Guest Le Cosaque

Hey, KonstaT
I tried both things. First I increased the minimum CPU usage to 600mHz and that didn't help. But I let it stay at 600 mHz.
Than I tried editing the audio_policy.conf a2dp (it was set to 44100|48000 and 16 bit sound) I tired just changing it to 44100 when that didn't work I tried to 48000 (keeping it 16 bit) and than when neither worked I did the same but now changing the bit also (44100 with 32 bit and 48000 with 32 bit). on 16 bit it atleast plays trought my headset, but on 32 it doesn't. And yeah I did a restart after each change. I think that the problem is from the bluetooth drivers of the phone but I have no idea where they are or what should be edited for it to work. I also would like it if someone can send me the original audio_policy.conf form the stock rom.
THe other reason that I can think why it gives this problem it the kernel, but I have no idea what kernel should I flash for the CM11. 

Oh and I have no problem listening to music when it is on a normal )cable) headset.

Thanks again :)

Guest djoni_gitara

flashed latest version on my girlfriend's phone and she didn't like it :( I realize something is locking up, pushing cpu,and heat up especialy when the devic is conected to charger.

Anyway I flashed 2105 version 4.4.2 and that one is far the best one. Really smooth with everythin working. Somehow i realize that 4.4.2 on low end devices act way much better than newer version of android (better than older also)

Yes I always clean flash, experienced flashoholic talking :)

Thanks Konsta for amazing work.

Guest KonstaT

Hey, KonstaT

I tried both things. First I increased the minimum CPU usage to 600mHz and that didn't help. But I let it stay at 600 mHz.

Than I tried editing the audio_policy.conf a2dp (it was set to 44100|48000 and 16 bit sound) I tired just changing it to 44100 when that didn't work I tried to 48000 (keeping it 16 bit) and than when neither worked I did the same but now changing the bit also (44100 with 32 bit and 48000 with 32 bit). on 16 bit it atleast plays trought my headset, but on 32 it doesn't. And yeah I did a restart after each change. I think that the problem is from the bluetooth drivers of the phone but I have no idea where they are or what should be edited for it to work. I also would like it if someone can send me the original audio_policy.conf form the stock rom.

THe other reason that I can think why it gives this problem it the kernel, but I have no idea what kernel should I flash for the CM11. 

Oh and I have no problem listening to music when it is on a normal )cable) headset.

Thanks again :)

I don't even own a bluetooth headset so I can't test anything myself. I'll have some unsupported bluetooth features disabled if there's ever another build. Let's see if that makes any diffence, but no clue otherwise. Some logs might help though...

@KonstaT I read a lot of post and tried everything, but I still have the problem with the images on my browser. Can you please help me? =/

Looks like you didn't search/read too hard.

Android 4.4 KitKat introduced a new Chromium webview that doesn't work with our ancient display drivers. That's why we've forward ported classic webview that was used in previous Android versions. Android 4.4.3 introduced bunch of updates to Chromium webview and it also broke the old webkit. There were some quick fixes by anroidarmv6 guys to fix build but it's likely not quite there yet. I've been waiting for Qualcomm to update it because it was initially their implementation for KitKat anyway (https://www.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic/la/platform/external/webkit/). No sign of it yet though.

I could reproduce similar issues with image rendering on another device while using classic webview. I never saw it on my Blade III though. I think I hunted it down to some change between 8th and 11th june, but it might have broken all along since 4.4.3.

Not work: Wi-Fi and not work Camera... unusable

Lol, both work just fine so you better come up with something other than that attitude!

Did you install following instruction on the third post? Where are the logs of wifi and camera not working?

Guest KonstaT

@KonstaT: Alright, I finally found it... :rolleyes: So, the problem is the outdated display drivers. But there aren't any updates till yet right? So I don't have the possibility to watch any pictures on my browser? o.O

Outdated display drivers has been a problem in everything after Android 4.1, and don't expect that to change on EOL'ed hardware. It's the forward ported webkit that's the current problem, and that's not the web rendering engine we should be using in KitKat either.

So you can either 1) fix the webkit 2) use a browser that doesn't use Android's native webview 3) use Android 4.4.2.

Guest KonstaT

@KonstaT: Thank you for your fast reply! Okay, but how can I fix the webkit? I tried to find out more about the webkits. 537.36 is the newest Version and I can download this at https://developer.android.com/reference/android/webkit/package-summary.html but there are so many files, I really don't know what to do D: 

Webkit source is here. 

How to fix it? First you debug it to see whats wrong, then you work from there. It's this thing called programming some people do... Happy hacking. :)

Guest Whitealert

Hi KonstaT,

First of all your work is amazing, thank you.

I installed your last CM11 and have a small problem with the wifi. I set my wifi to turn off when my phone goes to sleeping mod. It works fine, but when I want to use the phone again the wifi doesn't connect and the wifi menu in the settings is frozen. Restarting the wifi helps the problem. With the stock android the wifi automatically connect when the phone wakes up.

My question is that I made some mistake or this is a bug?

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT,

I installed your last CM11 and have a small problem with the wifi. I set my wifi to turn off when my phone goes to sleeping mod. It works fine, but when I want to use the phone again the wifi doesn't connect and the wifi menu in the settings is frozen. Restarting the wifi helps the problem. With the stock android the wifi automatically connect when the phone wakes up.

It's been reported before (search the thread) but I'm not able to reproduce it on my device.

Make sure you've installed following instructions in the third post and make sure you haven't restored any system data (including restoring wifi passwords from your Google account).

Guest Vlado_KV

Hi, i have problem. I root my zte blade 3 on cm 11 android 4.4.4 and then with terminal emulator instal stock recovery.img 

So i can use clockweremod and phone work but onn start up show red stpripes screen. What to do?

Guest Vlado_KV

Hi, i have problem. I root my zte blade 3 on cm 11 android 4.4.4 and then with terminal emulator instal stock recovery.img 

So i can use clockweremod and phone work but onn start up show red stpripes screen. What to do?

Edited by Vlado_KV

Guest bezkintos

Hi KonstaT,

I have the same issue on my two ZTE Blade 3 phones. I have used the workaround: set the "keep wi-fi on during sleep" to always, and then use the application "Screen off Internet off" and set it to disable wifi when the screen goes off in 10 sec, and to enable the wifi when screen turns on in 0 sec. This works even better for me and saves the battery even better then the the original way because "keep wifi on during sleep only when plugged in" doesn't turn off wifi immediately when put to sleep but after 10-15 minutes.

Guest KonstaT

Does CM10 CM11 faster?   Please make jolla rom

I don't know which one you mean but it must be much faster. :P

No, I highly doubt I'm going to do much for this device anymore. I've got new toys, and considering what you get for 50€ these days - this device is just plain horrible.

You did what?

CyanogenMod has root access by default, you don't need to root it. Why are you flashing stock recovery if you're trying to use ClockWorkMod?

English please guys.