[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest plantroon

Google Chrome causes reboots. Idk when/why they happen but I think it's when the device runs out of memory...

I tried installing XBMC (just for fun, not that I wanted to use it) - when I launched it, the phone rebooted..

Camera doesn't work most of the time ...

Youtube sometimes starts lagging and then reboots...

Android is a piece of ___ Plz tell me how to port ubuntu touch as it has less bugs in alpha than Android in the most stable release.

Compiz just crashed on my ubuntu and I am stuck in Google Chrome - that's why I'm whinning here xD

Linux should never run a GUI ... as far as I don't startx it's the fastest and most stable OS in the world... (nano,links,mc ftw)

damn lol xD sry for the rant, read more on my blog xD plantroon (dot) blogspot (dot) com

Guest plantroon

I srsly don't know what is going on, the phone starting crapping out like this 2 days ago. Nothing is working at all, even when I try to flash older ROMs, it either fails or when the ROM boots up most applications just crash.... can using TWRP instead of CWM cause this ?

Guest plantroon

Soo.... after a bit of testing I don't recommend anyone using the newest build. My latest build didn't have this sort of errors but the way I built it wasn't very polished...

Everyone having problems / considering an update, the latest build is NOT STABLE! It has reboots crashes

Yeah KonstaT knows what he is doing and that's why he had kept the download link for the 20140320 build in the OP. It's the most stable Kitkat for Blade 3

So don't update / don't flash the latest build (20140508)

Edited by plantroon

Guest KonstaT

I'm getting a s*** ton of reboots as well :S

Soo.... after a bit of testing I don't recommend anyone using the newest build. My latest build didn't have this sort of errors but the way I built it wasn't very polished...

Everyone having problems / considering an update, the latest build is NOT STABLE! It has reboots crashes

Yeah KonstaT knows what he is doing and that's why he had kept the download link for the 20140320 build in the OP. It's the most stable Kitkat for Blade 3

So don't update / don't flash the latest build (20140508)

And how is any of this helpful at all? Where's the logs? Reboot doing what? Hard/soft reboots? SystemUI freezes/force-closes?

There's a known issue with some kind of SystemUI memory leak with the new theme engine. I've had exactly zero reboots with the latest build (even though it mostly idles unused).

Guest plantroon

And how is any of this helpful at all? Where's the logs? Reboot doing what? Hard/soft reboots? SystemUI freezes/force-closes?

There's a known issue with some kind of SystemUI memory leak with the new theme engine. I've had exactly zero reboots with the latest build (even though it mostly idles unused).

What idles unused can't have bugs xD All bugs seem to be cm11 specific that's why I don't even bother providing logs as you can't/don't want to do much about it (I think xD)

Btw, is there any way I could have an IM chat with you? I'm sorry for posting all the bs on this forum and I'd like to ask you few things regarding Blade 3 specific ROM development... if you could plz :)))

Guest PandaDNB

I don't know but when i get a reboot and i put the pin code in it reboots again, and i get this loop until it finally manages to stay alive. I reinstalled and now i haven't noticed issues yet. But now I haven't installed a few apps i had before.

Edited by PandaDNB

Guest plantroon

What just happened (on the older build) Browser crashed. Then Settings crashed. As I was trying to enable android debugging over USB, it didn't do anything and didn't remember the setting either. As I was trying to install applications, gapps process crashed .............. When I tried to run logcat it just didn't allow root access (on clicking Allow button, Settings app crashed) ... so I believe that there's something srsly fcked up on my Blade 3

Guest PandaDNB

My most serious problems have been soft reboots with androind.process.media crashing after that and the thing i described in the previous post. I really want a device with cyanogenmod support or a galaxy s5 :D

Edited by PandaDNB

Guest plantroon

I'm getting EROFS errors. (Read only file system) and apps are force closing. Then the phone reboots and I'm stuck in a reboot loop. Any ideas ? The phone is completely bricked as this happens on every ROM even after full wipes.

Guest Davlat

Hi, i'm Davlat. My Device ZTE Blade III_IL Cellcom Pelephone. All features, updates working great. High performance, amazing features included. But Wi-Fi doesn't work. See Screenshot below.

My phone language is Russian

post-1041622-0-75688800-1400398933_thumbpost-1041622-0-62276900-1400398936_thumbpost-1041622-0-40639900-1400398938_thumbpost-1041622-0-93927900-1400398942_thumbpost-1041622-0-61486200-1400398947_thumbpost-1041622-0-58119900-1400398949_thumbpost-1041622-0-68114600-1400398951_thumbpost-1041622-0-43028200-1400398953_thumbpost-1041622-0-56599600-1400398957_thumbpost-1041622-0-72950900-1400398959_thumb

Guest PlaguedByPenguins

I'm getting EROFS errors. (Read only file system) and apps are force closing. Then the phone reboots and I'm stuck in a reboot loop. Any ideas ? The phone is completely bricked as this happens on every ROM even after full wipes.

when filesystems turn read-only it's almost always because the kernel has detected corruption.

if you are forcefully crashing or turning off your machine a lot then that can cause the problem. you could also be flashing images that are too big for the partitions would lead to a partial writes and hence a corrupted filesystem.

if it's not those, then it's likely a hardware problem...

is it an internal flash partition (cache, data) or the sdcard that is going read-only?

if it's the internal nand flash, and you really are doing complete wipes and reformats, then it's probably time to buy a new phone. the flash could just be worn out. a different partition layout that avoids using dodgy areas of the flash, maybe symlinking /cache to somewhere else, or an initramfs that bind mounts /data to an area on the sdcard are tricky but possible ways around this if you are an expert.

if you are really reformatting your sdcard each time and it's still repeatedly turning read-only then try another sdcard.

Guest plantroon

when filesystems turn read-only it's almost always because the kernel has detected corruption.

if you are forcefully crashing or turning off your machine a lot then that can cause the problem. you could also be flashing images that are too big for the partitions would lead to a partial writes and hence a corrupted filesystem.

if it's not those, then it's likely a hardware problem...

is it an internal flash partition (cache, data) or the sdcard that is going read-only?

if it's the internal nand flash, and you really are doing complete wipes and reformats, then it's probably time to buy a new phone. the flash could just be worn out. a different partition layout that avoids using dodgy areas of the flash, maybe symlinking /cache to somewhere else, or an initramfs that bind mounts /data to an area on the sdcard are tricky but possible ways around this if you are an expert.

if you are really reformatting your sdcard each time and it's still repeatedly turning read-only then try another sdcard.

Thanks for the reply

I completely removed the sdcard and it still was running into problems. It's the /data partition corrupted. I tried fsck on mmcblk0p22 (data partition) and it reported "Clean" so idk... How can it wear out so quickly ? Chesus this seems to be even worse than old SSDs... 

I was about to experiment with an mdadm raid 0 (raid over sdcard and internal storage) before I kill this phone but it's already fcked. So yeah, time for a new phone ... I will just wait for a device with official ubuntu support and will stick to my backup phone (Nokia 6300 ftw, more stable and faster than any Android device xD )

Guest dubstep774

My Blade 3 is running the latest build of this ROM (20140508). I am experiencing a lot of soft reboots but I am certain that it is because of my "power user" activity. I even tested Asphalt 8 on it and it ran but verry laggy during the race and the game force closed (with my stock ROM it didn't even let me start a race). when I don't run resource heavy apps it behaves like a dream. after every restart all the app shortcuts on my home screen of apps on the SD card are gone and I have to wait untill they are loaded and kill trebuchet to make them reapear. If this can be fixed I would be very thankfull.

Guest KonstaT

Hi, i'm Davlat. My Device ZTE Blade III_IL Cellcom Pelephone. All features, updates working great. High performance, amazing features included. But Wi-Fi doesn't work. See Screenshot below.

My phone language is Russian

Screenshots of wifi not working? :D

You need to post appropriate logs (logcat, dmesg) with your issue reproduced. Make sure you do this on a clean install (iincluding formatting /system, instructions in the third post).

Or you could also try replacing wifi firmware from your stock ROM.

Guest Davlat

Thank you KonstaT for support. Have your official web site, if available i rate your site with ProRate. Repeatly thanks for support

Guest Davlat

Screenshots of wifi not working? :D

You need to post appropriate logs (logcat, dmesg) with your issue reproduced. Make sure you do this on a clean install (iincluding formatting /system, instructions in the third post).

Or you could also try replacing wifi firmware from your stock ROM.

I updated Wi-Fi files from stock rom zip. Doesn't work. I downloading latest update of Android 4.4.2, and again update rom with instruction

Guest Davlat

Yes! After updating ROM with instruction works, it works great, all feautres, high-performance, Hardware-accelaration works great. As well as including Emoji smileys, its amazing. Thank you KonstaT. You're best Android (mobile) developer.

Guest PlaguedByPenguins

Thanks for the reply

I completely removed the sdcard and it still was running into problems. It's the /data partition corrupted. I tried fsck on mmcblk0p22 (data partition) and it reported "Clean" so idk...

try with -f to force the fsck.

also double check which filesystem is read-only with 'mount | grep ro'.

also triple check that your /data partition is large enough for the image you are flashing onto it.

if you want to avoid using the internal flash /data entirely, then it's tricky but possible. in the initramfs you can mount an ext3/4 partition from the sdcard (I use p3), and instead of the normal /data mount instead do a bind mount of /data to a directory on the sdcard partition eg.

# comment out the old mount of data/userdata and replace it with

mkdir /mnt_tmp 0771 system system

mount ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 /mnt_tmp nosuid nodev noauto_da_alloc barrier=1

mount none /mnt_tmp/cm11.0 /data bind

which mounts the directory "cm11.0" on partition 3 of the sdcard as your new /data.

it requires unpacking your boot.img, editing the rc script in the initramfs, re-packing it to a boot.img again, and then flashing it. it's very hard to debug if something goes wrong.

I don't suggest anyone use this who doesn't have to 'cos sdcards are usually a bit slower than internal flash, so the normal ways of shifting apps off a small internal /data to external sdcard work a little better, but I like it :)

it's good for devel work where I'm going backwards and forwards between OS versions - each OS version has their own separate /data in a different directory on the sdcard - cm10.1/ cm10.2/ cm11.0/ etc..

when I add a new OS version I just make a new directory and either leave it blank or rsync the last OS's /data onto it.

Guest KonstaT

# comment out the old mount of data/userdata and replace it with

mkdir /mnt_tmp 0771 system system

mount ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 /mnt_tmp nosuid nodev noauto_da_alloc barrier=1

mount none /mnt_tmp/cm11.0 /data bind

This would most likely result an unrecoverable brick. /dev/block/mmcblk0 is the internal NAND on eMMC device and p3 is one of the bootloader partitions. There's already been few bricked devices as a result of app 'swapper' trying to use that partition as swap (external sdcard is /dev/block/mmcblk1).

Guest plantroon

lol I bricked it already :P It was a fun device to play with, it was never doing what it was supposed to do, was giving me headaches for 1.5 years. Now let's just burry it... My next smartphone will be Ubuntu (hopefully this one won't have ten thousand partitions)

Guest holocen

Konstat, thank you  for your coding. The CM11 is great work, masterpiece.I have two minor bugs -occasionally WiFi button is frozen and sdcard sometimes need to be reinserted, but this is rare and triggered with some action. The only real bug is Theme Reborn and AOSP keyboard Advanced settings.

post-1042048-0-03922500-1400514476_thumbpost-1042048-0-53089600-1400514479_thumb

Thank you for your CM11 port for ZTE Blade 3, I love it!

Guest ZteLegend

Konstat, thank you  for your coding. The CM11 is great work, masterpiece.I have two minor bugs -occasionally WiFi button is frozen and sdcard sometimes need to be reinserted, but this is rare and triggered with some action. The only real bug is Theme Reborn and AOSP keyboard Advanced settings.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-05-19-17-44-34.pngattachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-05-19-17-44-47.png

Thank you for your CM11 port for ZTE Blade 3, I love it!

Same about the WiFi.

It really pisses me off that I have to reboot 5 times a day.

But, as the man himself said, it's not easy to run 4.4.2 on a low end device

Guest akutasame94

What I noticed on first 2 builds is that I couldn't play streams on twitch.tv app or on youtube app (yes youtube streams events, some channels do that is)...

I've read on some threads that it's something with h/w not working well on CM 10+, or codecs or whatever. So I am asking here, what could be the problem? Yes it worked on Aurora ROM...

Downloading the latest update cause I see that some codecs were updated and hoping it will work.

Your thoughts? 

Guest Davlat

Hi KonstaT. I now working in CM11 Android 4.4.2 KitKat. I downloaded stock rom from ZTE, i see when installing stock rom (install zip from sdcard) , error status 7, clockworkmod bootloader. I can back to stock rom. Thank you!