[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest zeelog

Guest smsmasters.co.uk

I can't enter recovery with vol. + up. It hangs on android logo.

Edited:

OK, phone booted, but I can't reboot to recovery from ROM because I don't have such option in menu.

Is there any other way except adb command? Like boot to recovery from terminal/shell.?

Boot to recovery using ADB via your PC.

Guest elrond_bs

To see more options in the Power Menu (when you hold Power button), you need to enable Developer settings in Android (don't ask how, it was repeated too many times, google)

Guest fagyi

For new recovery needed booting via power button + volume up! And your volume button are working well.

If i booted via power button + volume down i have the same issue, but for the new use volume up instead of down. 

Zeelog, for you not "flickering" the screen when pressed any buttons? ( I can use, but not ideal )

Sry folks my bad, Needed Power button + Home + Vol + on skate for the newest recovery :)

Guest zeelog

Sry folks my bad, Needed Power button + Home + Vol + on skate for the newest recovery :)

for blade it's still power button + volume down, though I didn't mess around with any other key combinations

Zeelog, for you not "flickering" the screen when pressed any buttons? ( I can use, but not ideal )

as for the flickering issue, not sure if I understood correctly, but you might want to search for this: "fix cwm dancing" kernel patch, such as here & use it only to build recovery

Guest vkmaxx

Boot to recovery using ADB via your PC.

THX all, I was albe to boot to recovery after installing ROM Manager. I was also able to enable boot to recovery from menu.

ROM is working super fine (I have disabled zSWAP, enabled SD SWAP and set SIO as IO gov.).

Guest fagyi

for blade it's still power button + volume down, though I didn't mess around with any other key combinations

as for the flickering issue, not sure if I understood correctly, but you might want to search for this: "fix cwm dancing" kernel patch, such as here & use it only to build recovery

Thank you very much, working like charm

Guest somethingsomethingdarkness

THX all, I was albe to boot to recovery after installing ROM Manager. I was also able to enable boot to recovery from menu.

ROM is working super fine (I have disabled zSWAP, enabled SD SWAP and set SIO as IO gov.).

I'd turn off SD Swap, you're running the risk of killing your card.

I'm trying to install CWM RECOVERY 6.0.5.3 in zte blade but I'm not succeeding. 
Try through the rom manager but only installs a version 5.xxx 
I tried through emulator follow the instructions below in but got only the first time

-Install terminal emulator from here.
-Go here and download recovery for your device
-Rename it to recovery.img.
-Copy the file to the root of your sd card.
-Open terminal emulator and type ‘su’.
-Superuser will ask if you want to give root access. Select allow/grant.
-Now type ‘dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p32′.
-Your recovery is flashed.

Someone can give me a help how to install CWM RECOVERY 6.0.5.3?

Thank you

Edited by Guest

Guest fagyi

Zeelog, what do you think of the flashable zip for new recovery? At the weekend I'm going to do before I share the new build for Skate. User friendly in my option and working.

We can erase recovery via updater script and flash it, after just needed reboot to recovery and new recovery showed up.

Guest killadroid

Is it me or the live wallpaper piker was removed from this build??

yea i guess coz of rom to fit partition size.they drain battery anyway but u can copy livewallpaperpicker.apk from previous build to system/app then set permissions to rw-r-r Edited by killadroid

Try through the rom manager but only installs a version 5.xxx 

Someone can give me a help how to install CWM RECOVERY 6.0.5.3?

Thank you

Guest killadroid

Try through the rom manager but only installs a version 5.xxx

Someone can give me a help how to install CWM RECOVERY 6.0.5.3?

Thank you

download cwm 6.0.5.3 and place it in sdcard then flash it from recovery

Guest Fizziebaunz

Wow.... Thanks Zeelog.. this build feels like my phone is on steroids... albeit am still testing..... but I can feel the speed... the smoothness... am yet to encounter some drawbacks....

download cwm 6.0.5.3 and place it in sdcard then flash it from recovery

I placed the zip folder in the card and installed from the recovery but unfortunately is still the same version 5.0.2 

I´m not understand what am I doing wrong

Guest Fizziebaunz

I placed the zip folder in the card and installed from the recovery but unfortunately is still the same version 5.0.2

I´m not understand what am I doing wrong

After installing via recovery... you will have to reboot to recovery once again to know if it installed alright... Did you encounter any problems with the installation.

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi @Zeelog,

Thank you for your continued support and development in knocking out ZTE Blade roms, it is much appreciated by myself as I'm sure everyone else here... :) So good to see such an old device still keeping upto date!!! :)

Just quick question, just wondering why this new build of rom requires a new Recovery....? What's changed in the rom to require it...?? Is it like a Data/Media build of some other devices now require also....? Not an issue, just curious as to the development (geekyness inside me) of this rom...

Also, was stuck in Recovery HELL with v2 (didn't know there was a v3 until after). After I flashed v2 of Recovery and let the phone boot into Android. After which I shutdown but said reboot into Recovery so I could flash rom. After flashing rom, it was stuck trying to boot Android in a continuous loop... which it never got out of!! :(  I tried to flash v3 of Recovery, but couldn't as my Volume keys were not working... :(  Only way out was to do Power + Vol Up + Home, and do a TPT Recovery Flash, wiping everything and putting an old recovery on. After that, flashed v3 and all is/was good again.... :) So yeah, a few teething issues for myself, but gotta expect a few issues when comes to development and future progress... :)

Maybe it's just me, as I swear my replacement Blade is possessed by the devil.... This build feels slightly slower and laggier compared to the rom before it...?? Not sure if any of the changes may reflect this....?  I shall try flashing rom again, just to make sure....

Thanks, Lister

Guest somethingsomethingdarkness

Hi @Zeelog,

Thank you for your continued support and development in knocking out ZTE Blade roms, it is much appreciated by myself as I'm sure everyone else here... :) So good to see such an old device still keeping upto date!!! :)

Just quick question, just wondering why this new build of rom requires a new Recovery....? What's changed in the rom to require it...?? Is it like a Data/Media build of some other devices now require also....? Not an issue, just curious as to the development (geekyness inside me) of this rom...

Also, was stuck in Recovery HELL with v2 (didn't know there was a v3 until after). After I flashed v2 of Recovery and let the phone boot into Android. After which I shutdown but said reboot into Recovery so I could flash rom. After flashing rom, it was stuck trying to boot Android in a continuous loop... which it never got out of!! :(  I tried to flash v3 of Recovery, but couldn't as my Volume keys were not working... :(  Only way out was to do Power + Vol Up + Home, and do a TPT Recovery Flash, wiping everything and putting an old recovery on. After that, flashed v3 and all is/was good again.... :) So yeah, a few teething issues for myself, but gotta expect a few issues when comes to development and future progress... :)

Maybe it's just me, as I swear my replacement Blade is possessed by the devil.... This build feels slightly slower and laggier compared to the rom before it...?? Not sure if any of the changes may reflect this....?  I shall try flashing rom again, just to make sure....

Thanks, Lister

We needed a new recovery because of this addition of Thread Local Storage:

Kernel: Enabled TLS Register & LDREXD CPU features

What these changes mean exactly, I can't speculate, but the older recovery obviously couldn't make the changes, as you can see in the recovery changelog on the first page.

Guest Michellincz

Hi, I have a new android 4.4.4 of 5.8 and while viewing the image in the web browser intro pictures inserts a white square that it splits in haf, or when you zoom in on a quartet. You don´t know how to fix it? Thank you for the advice.

After installing via recovery... you will have to reboot to recovery once again to know if it installed alright... Did you encounter any problems with the installation.

I put the zip folder in the memory card and installed by recovery without problems. 
I restarted but the version remains the same. 
I also tried through the emulator and everything worked fine but once again entering in the recovery the version of cwm remains the same (5.0.2). 

su 
dd if = / sdcard / recovery.img of = / dev / block / mmcblk0p32

Guest lolasher

Hi, I have a new android 4.4.4 of 5.8 and while viewing the image in the web browser intro pictures inserts a white square that it splits in haf, or when you zoom in on a quartet. You don´t know how to fix it? Thank you for the advice.

I had this issue in previous rom. I suggest using different browser.