[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest zeelog

Guest ds-driver

Hi,

i´ve tested CM11.0 on my Blade after 1 year with "native" CM 7.

CM 11 was very stable - and all functions (eg. BT) worked...

Speed was better than CM 10.

But after 1 week i decided to go back to CM 7. Main reason was the battery drain. 

Now i had installed CM 7 micro. I was faszinated about the speed - also compared to "native" CM7. Perhaps it is the FTL-Launcher...

When you only own a 256 MB Blade - do not try CM11 - you will only disappointed.

But on this way: gratulations to Zeelog for his great work. But with kitkat we see clearly, that the good old Blade ist not engineered für Android > 4.0...

Greetz

P.

Guest andr0idbeliev3r
Guest elrond_bs

The int2ext script (CronMod) was NOT created by zeelog and is not technically part of the ROM (just an addition). CronMod was not updated since 2013, same for Mounts2SD (and these can be considered the best).

Hi friends. I know we all love Zeelog's excellent work and eagerly await his next update, but like he said in his first post, don't ask about new versions... they will come when he has time. Let's also remember that he's bringing something to our humble Blades that it was never designed to run, so if it's not 100% perfect, don't dwell on the 5% that isn't working, enjoy and be thankful for the 95% that is working and remember that he's doing this in his own time for our benefit.

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi All,

I am basically just gonna blatantly steal and repeat what Zaxxon has said, as he has said / hit it spot on....

Please do not badger ZeeLog for updates, as I am sure he (like many other great Devs before him) will just get frustrated with the WANT WANT WANT attitude, and think.... why bother???

As Zaxxon has clearly said, why dwell on the small bit that isn't working, when we have the latest 4.4.4 build running on our Blades, that was really only meant for Android 2.1

When an update is ready, he'll deliver.... and as no one else is building for the Blade anymore, we don't want to lose him!!!!

Hi friends. I know we all love Zeelog's excellent work and eagerly await his next update, but like he said in his first post, don't ask about new versions... they will come when he has time. Let's also remember that he's bringing something to our humble Blades that it was never designed to run, so if it's not 100% perfect, don't dwell on the 5% that isn't working, enjoy and be thankful for the 95% that is working and remember that he's doing this in his own time for our benefit.

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi KillaDroid,

Won't say too much on here, as this is the ZTE forum section... However I brought my dad that same phone (Y300), as that also has/or HAD a good community. It has old Android upto KitKat, and even has FireFox and some other varied OS choices too.... Not a bad device, and reasonably priced.... Just a pity dev support seems to have dried up for it now, but still you'll have some fun with it... :)

Cheers, Lister

bought the huawei y300 on Monday then sold my blade.good luck folks & all the amazing devs that still keep this great device alive :)

Guest kireerik

Hi all Blade users,

Firstly, thank you zeelog for creating this new Android 4.4.4 DEV ROM for ZTE Blade!

I am using this ROM at about 3 or 4 month on. It is really fast and almost bug free. Although sometimes I experience strange things. It happened to me twice under this period that my Blade should alarm for example at 6:40 a.m. to get up, but somehow it missed and forgot to do so. After I noticed it I restarted my phone and after that I got a notification which sad something like this: "Missed alarm"

Did anyone else experienced something similar?

Regards,

Erik

Guest elrond_bs

I use AlarmDroid and never had any problems. If you use task killers or other "optimizing" programs it's possible they killed the alarm clock process.

Guest sharix

The int2ext script (CronMod) was NOT created by zeelog and is not technically part of the ROM (just an addition). CronMod was not updated since 2013, same for Mounts2SD (and these can be considered the best).

Yes, but when he included it in the rom we lost the ability to choose the app that works best and we are stuck with this one.

Guest elrond_bs

You haven't lost anything, in the ROM zip you can delete the file \system\etc\init.d\40int2ext and then make a clean install (full wipe) with the modified zip. But don't be surprised if other Int2Ext methods don't work at all (they are older, not compatible with KitKat 4.4 and not made for this ROM). As for Mounts2SD - I had the same problems with it (free space is bugged) when I was using CM10.

So zeelog's choice of CronMod is more than likely the best possible option.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest Aerieana

I put the zip folder in the memory card and installed by recovery without problems. 
I restarted but the version remains the same. 
I also tried through the emulator and everything worked fine but once again entering in the recovery the version of cwm remains the same (5.0.2). 

su 
dd if = / sdcard / recovery.img of = / dev / block / mmcblk0p32

I'm having the same problem as basini had :( I keep trying to flash CWM 6.0.5.3 v3 but after rebooting to check if it's updated, it's still stuck on 5.0.2.0 even though it says it completed the install. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, and basini never posted how he got it sorted...

Well it seems installing my previous rom again somehow got CWM 6.0.5.3 to appear :blink: now I can finally flash this one

Edited by Aerieana

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi Nizulko,

I'm sorry if ZeeLog is not working fast enough at releasing roms daily for you, however you are more than welcome to patch the bugs, and re-pack and compile the roms yourself each time for the rest of the community...? 

At this rate, I don't blame ZeeLog if he doesn't even bother to look at back-porting Android L (Android 5.0) at this rate, if its even possible....   The man works hard enough as it is, without him, we'd had NO ONE working on roms... Please, lets not scare him off shall we...????

Lister

zeelog, where are new version?.. :-( 2 months...

Guest shmit66
very much want to see on our device ... CyanogenMod 11.0 M11

Hot off the presses, the 11th M build of CM 11 is making its way to the download portal. With it comes the latest round of bug fixes, improvements and features to our Android 4.4.4 codebase. A high-level changelog is provided below – take a look!

For our nightly users, to avoid conflicts on taking this update please do not apply an M11 build on top of any nightly beyond September 30th, as that was when this code was branched for testing and verification prior to release.

http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/cyanogenmod-11-0-m11