[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

That's not a complete phone.apk so no its not.

From RC3 new dialer is introduced with more intelligent search engine & some cool futures, read about it on official page.

Thanks

Guest Romagnolo1973

I tried your suggestion, but... it broke everything!

When rebooting after SuperSu flash the screen went black after a couple of min. and I had to remove the battery to restart the phone.

So, after another couple of tries, I decided to remove SuperSU using its options.

Back with superuser, now it doesn't work, as apps that I purged are not asking for SU rights anymore.

I'm rebooting right now after flashing again the ROM, and it's correctly asking for SU rights... 

For me was working, but you need BusyBox installed before, because SuperSU use BB, and when you installed SuperSU you have choose install it via recovery or via playstore with the script that reboot into recovery and apply the complet installation? Because if you simply install SuperSU via playstore it is not working.

It was not a general suggestion, it is my Y300 (and TangerineTractor too) that has some problems, probably was some RomTollbox setting the guilty

SuperUser is buggy but so far so good in general is working

Guest Romagnolo1973

@chlii360

can you add an advice on page 1 to not run ART?

That because with art enabled cpu only works in 3 state: deepsleep - minumum (196 or 320) - max 1008mhz

and the max reach 95-98% of the time so battery drain is high.

Consuption is checked with Performance Control that can see CPU voltage % time

This happen to me with last experimental, but with RC 2 and RC3 too

Changed from ART to Dalvick solve the issue, now with RC3 with the same use (music player, phone, galley) I have 196mhz at 90% of the time and 1008 only 2% and the cpu voltage use all the steps between minimum to maximum.

I have attached the cpu% with ART active and as you can see it stay at max all the time when is not iddle and screen off.

post-1024873-0-43049400-1392214989_thumb

Guest ZolaIII

I don't think a runtime is what's making a problem!

Something is looping casing a CPU usage presented in core system android!

This is present from RC2 release & bug is related to Slims source...

Guest rederik75

For me was working, but you need BusyBox installed before, because SuperSU use BB, and when you installed SuperSU you have choose install it via recovery or via playstore with the script that reboot into recovery and apply the complet installation? Because if you simply install SuperSU via playstore it is not working.

It was not a general suggestion, it is my Y300 (and TangerineTractor too) that has some problems, probably was some RomTollbox setting the guilty

SuperUser is buggy but so far so good in general is working

I have some problems with Rom Toolbox too... for example I had to try three times to customize the fonts and reboot prior to see them changed.

Anyway, let's go on with this and we will see...

I think it would be a smart move to expunge supersu from deep inside Slimkat and let the user choose how to get SU...

Guest MaverickMK

I'm running the chill360 latest build 11/2 and I can see that he wrote:

I have also added a CM patch to allow highendgfx (Transparent Status Bar) WITHOUT changing low_ram to false.

Also which gapps do I use with this build and how to turn on/enable the transparent status bar.

I would be gratefull if any of you reply me in quickly.

Thanks

Guest rederik75

Another strange issue with superuser and Rom Toolbox: If I try to copy a file in /system/app (in my case to install Google Car Kit) root browser from rom toolbox doesn't work. If I try to copy it using Total Commander, it works.. :blink:

Guest ZolaIII

Another strange issue with superuser and Rom Toolbox: If I try to copy a file in /system/app (in my case to install Google Car Kit) root browser from rom toolbox doesn't work. If I try to copy it using Total Commander, it works.. :blink:

They never actually polished (bug fixed) some parts of ROM Toolbox & if SU don't grant a permission then their is no root access... I actually use a Total Commander!

I hope that those Slim dev will update to current SU in next release!

Guest chil360

I have also added a CM patch to allow highendgfx (Transparent Status Bar) WITHOUT changing low_ram to false.

Also which gapps do I use with this build and how to turn on/enable the transparent status bar.

Thanks

In the test build the status bar should be transparent by default. You don't need to change anything. Did you install over a previous build or did you wipe? Check you build.prop, there should be the following line: persist.sys.force_highendgfx=true

As for gapps, the recommended version is slim_gapps from the Slimroms website but I use the minimalist Banks gapps. See FAQ in the first post for links.

Guest MaverickMK

Thanks

Edit:

I fixed the transparent status bar but which gapps to install can you help me that?Thanks

Guest MaverickMK

In the test build the status bar should be transparent by default. You don't need to change anything. Did you install over a previous build or did you wipe? Check you build.prop, there should be the following line: persist.sys.force_highendgfx=true

As for gapps, the recommended version is slim_gapps from the Slimroms website but I use the minimalist Banks gapps. See FAQ in the first post for links.

Thanks but can you pass me the link to download the best gapps for this build. And for the transparent status bar I installed over a previous build and now I did a full wipe.thanks and pass me the link for the gapps

Guest ZolaIII

Thanks but can you pass me the link to download the best gapps for this build. And for the transparent status bar I installed over a previous build and now I did a full wipe.thanks and pass me the link for the gapps

How about that you read a first post or in settings go to the slim center!?

Guest MaverickMK

Sorry I saw that but I wanted to know which are the best gapps to install, the other question is how to return the camera app from the previous build which had the smart capture,quality control, iso , and propperties control ?

Guest ZolaIII

Sorry I saw that but I wanted to know which are the best gapps to install, the other question is how to return the camera app from the previous build which had the smart capture,quality control, iso , and propperties control ?

Their (Slim) recommend they one repacks!

Extract it (gallery.apk) or if you have it just copy it to the system/app reboot & it will probably work (framework related). You know that their is a probably a reason who they revealed to manual settings!

I have a n00b doubt... transparent status bar is a feature that doesn't work on low ram device (by default), and we're forcing build.prop to use it. I think it's because transparent bar needs more ram, so why does we want to enable it on our Y300? Sorry for noobness :)

I did full wipe before installing RC3 and i don´t have transparent bar neither the code in build.prop to change What´s hapening? Thanks.

they are talking about a test build, so its different from the "public" builds just like RC3

Guest spanitzer

Time for a test build....

Only Y300 build: link

I have forked Dazzozo's kernel and started adding a few things:

• Compile with O3
  • Intellidemand v5 (may need tweaking) from here.
  • Dynamic Fsync
  • Dynamic management of dirty page writebacks
  • TCP Westwood (default) & TCP Vegas

I don't want to add my updated kernel to my release build until a few people have tested it to make sure it's stable. I'm running it now and with some Performance Control tweaks I get this...

Posted ImagePosted Image

Can i flash the Y300 Version on the G510?

In the test build the bar is transparent by default or I need to change anything?

By default.

You don't have to change anything.

I'm finding the test version better than rc3 :-o

Guest rederik75

Another noob question... Is it legal to fork an open source software without releasing source code?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fork_(software_development)#Forking_of_free_and_open_source_software

If you fork an open source project, the forked one has to be open source itself, so you have to grant the same licence and release the source code (it wouldn't be "open", otherwise).

IMHO

Guest rederik75

I've found the way to enable usb mass storage.

In build.prop, you have to modify this line: 

persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb

to:

persist.sys.usb.config=mass_storage,adb

To have the storage correctly found, you have to keep usb debugging disabled