[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest painteramit

Hi Guy,

Thanks for th valuable effort.

Slim Kat porting is really a step ahead with respect to any stock modding

The comparison does not hold.

The only annoying problem is that I don't have the number of the incoming call (and the picture) as soon as the phaone rings.

Yes... I have already reduced the call_ring_delay from 3k to 0, but I still observe 1-2s of delay in getting the name....and this is to me a not negiglible drawback.

Any clue on that?

Ciao,

D.

i've observe the same on luzactive governer.

I am using interactie now, better than luzactive. but the delay is still there.

also the min freq is 196

Guest markoprogramer

also the min freq is 196

I think it is too low...

Guest yapmeo

Hi @chil360

1. Is it possible to increase the charger current draw limit?
Even using 1.0A charger but the draw seems like same as the stock (550mAh) one, 3 hours charging time is too long.

2. Is it possible to increase the speaker volume without installing 3rd party app/driver?
The speaker volume is still not loud, but louder than stock rom.

Thanks!

Guest ZolaIII

also the min freq is 196

It's because interactive governor will scale up more aggressive then other usual governor's. & the ring delay is there just to mask it...

Guest juanpablocastillo

Yes, I have seen this fix, just need to test it out with the other freq table changes already in the kernel - y300 overclock and under volt.

Is the change you are referring to - patch1 - patch2 ? I'll port the patches and try it.

You are lucky to port the changes?

Guest domenico76

I think it is too low...

In the end the ROM comes with ring_delay set to 3000, and I did not chenge the min freq (196 I believe)... and I have the trouble....

I believe 100% of users have the same

The point is that the same slim kat ROM on a samsung S2 of a friend of mine does not suffer of any delay in displaying the image of the caller, so is our poor device porting to miss a fast path for the incoming call awareness?

Can we raise somehow the priority of the task? improve the time to exit from stand by by build prop editor? 

Thank you Chil360 for a reply on that if possible.

Ciao,

D.

Edited by domenico76

Guest chil360

You are lucky to port the changes?

Yes, I have ported the patches and will add them in the next weekly. With these patches, lockscreen widgets are disabled by default but can be enabled in Settings > Security.

The only annoying problem is that I don't have the number of the incoming call (and the picture) as soon as the phaone rings.

Yes... I have already reduced the call_ring_delay from 3k to 0, but I still observe 1-2s of delay in getting the name....and this is to me a not negiglible drawback.

Any clue on that?

The call_ring.delay property is set in the device tree which I ported from CM11 - Dazzozo must have added this for a reason but I don't know why. If you all think that setting it to 0 is a good idea then I will. If you know of any other tweaks to improve this let me know and I will add them.

Guest domenico76

Yes, I have ported the patches and will add them in the next weekly. With these patches, lockscreen widgets are disabled by default but can be enabled in Settings > Security.

The call_ring.delay property is set in the device tree which I ported from CM11 - Dazzozo must have added this for a reason but I don't know why. If you all think that setting it to 0 is a good idea then I will. If you know of any other tweaks to improve this let me know and I will add them.

Thank You Chil,

I believe it something related to the time it takes to reload the task to show the caller id... but i don't know, since I am not expert of android OS how to improve. Yes we could try avoid letting the system to go in deep sleep but Slim Kat is already hungry in power and I believe some strategy to reduce that also introduced the caller delay popup drawback. Which is the forum you suggest to post the question?  It is a pity becasue is really the only noticeable issue in a really really good ROM !

Ciao

Edited by domenico76

Guest juanpablocastillo

Thanks, chil.

Guest Hesham Elswalhy

I have a problem in the screen i have tried a lot of roms but all CM roms this happen the only rom works fine is miui v5

This picture of the problem

Yo4CLg.gif

how i can fix it ?

Guest chil360

chil: One question. Is frandom enabled by default in the kernel?

Yes and no! Frandom is enabled in the kernel but it's not being used. This is something I have been trying this week. After looking around at other custom roms with frandom, I have found that they use an init script like the one below to redirect all calls to random/urandom to use frandom instead. At the moment I'm not using this script so frandom isn't being used.

#!/system/bin/sh

L="log -p i -t FRandom"

if [ -c "/dev/frandom" ]; then
	# Redirect random and urandom generation to frandom char device
	$L "Fast Random Generator (frandom): Initializing..."
	rm -f /dev/random
	rm -f /dev/urandom
	ln /dev/frandom /dev/random
	ln /dev/frandom /dev/urandom
	chmod 0666 /dev/random
	chmod 0666 /dev/urandom
	$L "Fast Random Generator (frandom): Ready!"
else
	$L "Fast Random Generator (frandom): Not supported!"
fi

When I tried adding this script in init.d, my Antutu benchmark scores dropped by ~400 points. If someone could try this to confirm what I found, that would be useful.

There were a number of kernel patches to random & prandom that I added in v0.35 (recommended by ZolaIII) and these significantly increased benchmark scores. Maybe these patches outperform frandom.

Guest H3ROS

On my ROM's I've always done it differently.

if [ -e /dev/frandom ]; then
    chmod 666 /dev/frandom;
    chmod 666 /dev/erandom;
    rm /dev/random && ln /dev/frandom /dev/random;
    chmod 666 /dev/random;
    mv /dev/urandom /dev/urandom.old && ln /dev/erandom /dev/urandom;
    chmod 666 /dev/urandom;
fi;

You've set it up to remove urandom, which you shouldn't do because keystore uses it (check with lsof | grep -i random). urandom should also link to erandom rather than frandom.

erandom uses no kernel entropy at all and it's very fast. I'm still not sure if it'll do better than a patched random and prandom (not checked your source), but on older Android versions frandom/erandom can help boost the score of a Y300 over 8000 in AnTuTu.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

Shame, but that is how the script should be done anyway. On older versions of Android it seems to have a much better effect. Like here's the result from my own Android 4.1.1 ROM on a Y300:

post-954400-0-66975000-1405874544_thumb.

Well, to point one thing out first: Hero's script is doing things correctly, while the script posted by you, chil, got a small bug in it.

/dev/random needs to get replaced by: /dev/frandom

AND

/dev/urandom by /dev/erandom

ln /dev/frandom /dev/urandom  <--  this is wrong

However it's strange, that frandom shall drop performance in any way, because it's up to 10x faster than the default kernel random devices. huh.png

I'm going to do some tests, too.

Guest chil360

The script that I posted was based on a script I pulled from the ramdisk of Christopher83's kernel. After searching a bit more, I agree that H3ROS script is the right way to activate frandom. I will try it again now that I have finished building the weekly.

Guest SIMONPRO

Shame, but that is how the script should be done anyway. On older versions of Android it seems to have a much better effect. Like here's the result from my own Android 4.1.1 ROM on a Y300:

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-07-20-18-18-02.png

wow that is awesome i remember getting 6700 from stock rom and from this rom i get 6800 so your 1440 more that is great.

with the new update the antutu score increase to 7477

Edited by SIMONPRO

Guest Aqirul

widget on lockscreen doing great... i love it... for next weeky, notification on lockscreen? kitkat lockscreen like?

thanks very much for this rom