[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Hi people!) I was searching the best rom for y300 and got it! I've installed last Slim and it's so much flawless. But it have one lag - when I copying some group of files or one big file from BB, my y300 reboot after few minutes (when files are still copying). I have choosed mass storage mode (UMS ?) in connection type dialog & have not tested this with media teransfer protocol MTP.

Guest donallen

anyone found that rom toolbox pro does not work with 7.4 or is it just mine?

and how do you guys back up your data when you do an update?

Edited by donallen

Guest painteramit

Skype videocall tested. It's work.

Installed this rom, first thing I tried is Skype call and my phone rebooted. tried again after reboot and again rebooted. so went back to AOSP 209. :(

Guest POmniac

Installed this rom, first thing I tried is Skype call and my phone rebooted. tried again after reboot and again rebooted. so went back to AOSP 209. :(

Phone rebooted when instaled Skype from backup. After fresh install it's worked OK.

Guest Michael Roscowe

Phone rebooted when instaled Skype from backup. After fresh install it's worked OK.

Can the same be said about hangouts video call??

Guest Michael Roscowe

Video calls would be kernal related I'm guessing. Was using slimkat for a while but was killing me not having cm11 theme engine so using paranoid android now with a droid L theme. Very nice. But video calls are very valuable so might have to change back

what about white boxes in pictures while browsing ? Are they still presents ?

Is that in every browser? Chrome/Dolphin/Stock?

Thinking of switching to this from stock, to get more free RAM and space for apps...

Guest pbr1111

Is that in every browser? Chrome/Dolphin/Stock?

Thinking of switching to this from stock, to get more free RAM and space for apps...

Only with stock browser and chrome. All that are based in chromium.

This problem can be fixed with compiling the ROM without using the legacy webkit, but at cost of poorer performance (I think).

This problem can be fixed with compiling the ROM without using the legacy webkit, but at cost of poorer performance (I think).

With UC Browser i've got whit boxes too....

Guest Aqirul

wechat problem anyone? voice message when play using speaker, its okay, but play headset it doesnt work.. anybody have problem like me?

already fresh install wechat

Chrome is fine. AFAIK it's using its own webkit. I'm using it for my daily browsing. Having 20+ tabs open is no problem, no white boxes. Only trash sites full of ads lag.

Guest anotherjib

and how do you guys back up your data when you do an update?

I used Titanium for a while but then concluded that it is more convenient to have few non-playstore apks in a folder and reinstall them with, say, simple explorer; all the rest is done by the google account. Edited by anotherjib

Guest donallen

I used Titanium for a while but then concluded that it is more convenient to have few non-playstore apks in a folder and reinstall them with, say, simple explorer; all the rest is done by the google account.

yep I had a few issues with Titanium - thanks I might go this way too

Was on a repacked stock ROM, going over to this is brilliant. Super smooth, plenty of RAM available and no issues encountered so far. More space to install Play Store apps with Banks Minimal Gapps too. Highly recommended this ROM.

Guest porozex

Someone can help me to find where is the option to change the teme ? I can't find it..

theme engine is not supported on slimkat for now

Edited by porozex

Guest FrankAxtell

slimkat 7 or cyanogenmod 11 m8? which rom is better for huawei y300?

and how do run games with this rom(slimkat) in comparison with stock rom(huawei y300)?