[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest ivan41
How did you do that, i get this message while trying.
I didn't go through slim centre but straight to chils Google drive (link on first post) Hope that helps :-D Edited by ivan41

Guest Louluvre

I didn't go through slim centre but straight to chils Google drive (link on first post) Hope that helps :-D

Is the bluetooth working in this build? In my build (Slim-u8833-4.4.2.build.3.6.20140310) it doesnt work. Its not that the thing wont turn on, it does, but cant connect to other phones and does not give signal either.

Guest Ernest83

Quick question, would this kernal work on the probam ROM? Saw on htcmania someone tried but never followed up with the review love probam too much to leave it and always looking for more performance

I've been on probam rom (G510) with chil360's kernel and it works ok but i didn't test it well.

Guest rederik75

I've been looking into the music interruption issue when locking/unlocking the screen and it must be the kernel. I created a kernel zip of the original Dazzozo kernel which works fine - so now I'll have to step through the changes I've made to find which patch is causing the issue.

Can you provide a download link? I'm not so obsessed by aesthetic details like status bar pulldown smoothness, but the jumpy music is really annoying... :)

By the way: with the last release music is jumpy also during playback, not only while locking/unlocking...

Guest tadopogi

reverted back to 3.4

btw, i think the cpu frequencies lower than 196mhz is useless.

and yes, the only problem last time was the music lag when screen turns off/on

Guest painteramit

Is the bluetooth working in this build? In my build (Slim-u8833-4.4.2.build.3.6.20140310) it doesnt work. Its not that the thing wont turn on, it does, but cant connect to other phones and does not give signal either.

yes, Chil360 has fixed the issue. try the new build.

Guest chil360

@rederik75 I have uploaded the kernel zip of the unmodified Dazzozo kernel to google drive.

@coavasic96 Ceastel contacted me about gpu overclock and gave me the code required to overclock to 320Mhz. It will be in the next kernel release.

Bluetooth & browser crash issue are fixed in 3.6 20140311 build.

I am currently working on the kernel to track down the audio issue at lock/unlock - maybe fixing this will help with other problems some people are having with music.

Edited by chil360

Guest Bundizle

@rederik75 I have uploaded the kernel zip of the unmodified Dazzozo kernel to google drive.

@coavasic96 Ceastel contacted me about gpu overclock and gave me the code required to overclock to 320Mhz. It will be in the next kernel release.

Bluetooth & browser crash issue are fixed in 3.6 20140311 build.

I am currently working on the kernel to track down the audio issue at lock/unlock - maybe fixing this will help with other problems some people are having with music.

chil can the kernel work with cm11?

Guest chil360

I tried to put back v0.28, and the music issue is present but a lot less than with 0.29... still present, however

Just uploaded a new kernel to test: chil360-kernel-20140312-1459.zip

After 2 days of tracking down this issue, I have found that by removing asswax, smartassv2 & smartassH3 (disabling in kernel config) the lock/unlock music issue is fixed. I don't know why this is the case - adding these govenors should not affect anything if I'm not using them.

Guest chil360

@Bundizle The kernel itself would work in cm11 but needs to be repackaged in a cm11 boot.img. The boot.img contains a ramdisk with the init files some of which are specific to the rom (slim/cm/probam etc.). The ramdisk also contains the wifi kernel modules that would need updating too.

@spanitzer The statusbar pulldown is an issue for Slim to deal with - please report it to them.

@Jairus1998 The kernel supports swap partitions but not swap files so ram expander does not work.

Guest Bundizle

@Bundizle The kernel itself would work in cm11 but needs to be repackaged in a cm11 boot.img. The boot.img contains a ramdisk with the init files some of which are specific to the rom (slim/cm/probam etc.). The ramdisk also contains the wifi kernel modules that would need updating too.

@spanitzer The statusbar pulldown is an issue for Slim to deal with - please report it to them.

@Jairus1998 The kernel supports swap partitions but not swap files so ram expander does not work.

thank you mate  :D

Guest rederik75

Just uploaded a new kernel to test: chil360-kernel-20140312-1459.zip

After 2 days of tracking down this issue, I have found that by removing asswax, smartassv2 & smartassH3 (disabling in kernel config) the lock/unlock music issue is fixed. I don't know why this is the case - adding these govenors should not affect anything if I'm not using them.

Actually, I use smartassV2...  :unsure:

Just to talk, if I were you I would keep the numbering sequence... this one could have been "0.29.1" or "0.30".... IMHO  :)

Guest spanitzer

Hi.

But it is only on Y300 and G510. The same with the CM11. On Nexus 5 very smooth and on a G510 it's laggy.

Sorry for my bad english.

Guest chil360

Actually, I use smartassV2...  :unsure:

Just to talk, if I were you I would keep the numbering sequence... this one could have been "0.29.1" or "0.30".... IMHO  :)

Have you tested it? Does this fix the lock/unlock problem for you? Next is to try and work out why adding these govenors causes the problem.

This build was meant as a test which is why the filename is the date & time instead of a version number. The next release will be 0.30.

Guest ivan41

I've hit some issues with some third party apps force closing.......

BBC news

BBC sport

Gmail

Ymail

Google photos

Gallery.

I can't say why this is happening and I've used these apps in previous builds.

So, I'm going to reflash with the newer kernel and report back.

Just a minor issue or hiccup, I'll report back soon