chil360

[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

I wanted to understand wheter is worth or not moving to 4.4.2 for our Y300.

Bye

Well, if you search for stability, hwa, battery duration, then it's better to keep a stock derivative like yours, or fusionX, or expert v4, better with cextel kernel....

• Upvote 1

Well, if you search for stability, hwa, battery duration, then it's better to keep a stock derivative like yours, or fusionX, or expert v4, better with cextel kernel....

Thanks, I will try anyway now or then ;-)

Thanks, I will try anyway now or then ;-)

By the way, 4.4.2 roms like CM11, slimkat, omnirom (I'm trying this, at the moment) are stable enough for daily use, if you're not a heavy gamer.

I come from 2/3 months of slimkat and now omnirom... they're enough smooth and battery friendly for a common usage, customizable in lots of aspects...

... and they give you that incomparable feeling of "living on the edge"!  :D

The price to pay is some random reboots now and then, some FC, nothing so hard to live with...

Speaking of battery life - I've looked just now, and it says wi-fi uses more battery than anything else (including display), although wi-fi has been off for a while. Is this a bug? Do anybody else have this?

Speaking of battery life - I've looked just now, and it says wi-fi uses more battery than anything else (including display), although wi-fi has been off for a while. Is this a bug? Do anybody else have this?

I don't have this. You make a clean or dirty install ?. After a clean install (full wipe) this not happened for me.

I don't have this. You make a clean or dirty install ?. After a clean install (full wipe) this not happened for me.

Yes I did it with twrp through "advanced", and wiped everything 

this Rom is almost perfect .

can the developer make percent % on the battery.

and the lag on the dialer is still here . this 2 things and the rom is perfect for me.

GregySK you realy slovak man?

No,I'm from Croatia.Gregy is my nickname and S and K are the first and lest letter of my home town.

Edited by gregySK

Thx for reply but im talking abougt % beside the battery not like how is now. I saw it on Omnirom.

Thx for reply but im talking abougt % beside the battery not like how is now. I saw it on Omnirom.

You may ask slim about it then :lol:

I can't play NFS Most Wanted on 4.9 (last time was in the 4.0 version)... the app crashes after checking updates... Is there a way to make it run? :(

one question .

on my phone the status bar is not transparent. i read that the transparent is enabled by default [ram_false/true]

how can i make it transparent ?

how working games nova,nfs,combat and other ? can swap? i readed in changelog of kernel can make 400mb ram free.it possible?

how working games nova,nfs,combat and other ? can swap? i readed in changelog of kernel can make 400mb ram free.it possible?

indeed, the available ram with this kernel is 404 Mb.

cm 11 with working fm! maybe you can adapt this here! :)

http://actualizatumovil.com/showthread.php?tid=422

Nice!

Just found EloYGomeZ's github repo... looks like a couple of patches to the kernel and some changes to the Y300 device folder. So this would work for Y300 & G510 but not the G330. I'll add the patches, do a test build and see what happens.

• Upvote 2

Nice!

Just found EloYGomeZ's github repo... looks like a couple of patches to the kernel and some changes to the Y300 device folder. So this would work for Y300 & G510 but not the G330. I'll add the patches, do a test build and see what happens.

Great! cheers! 

Nice!

Not working. Found a few more patches in this repo that it looks like I need too. I'll keep working on it.