[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

solved the Sd Card problem.I used my old 2.1 android phone and format the card.as for the mass storage i think the discussion is in another thred,but the answer is that kit kat it self is not giving the option to read the card as MASS storage (i think , maybe i'm wrong ).now i use an app AIRDROID to upload and download files over WI-FI. i like Slimkat, it works better then a stock rom and batery life is better then CM11. "good work" to developers of both ROM's.

p.s. sorry for my awesome English 

Once again, just look back 2 or 3 pages and the mass storage problem is discussed at length

Sorry, but is there any solution given ? I didn't find it...

+1

+1

solved the Sd Card problem.I used my old 2.1 android phone and format the card.as for the mass storage i think the discussion is in another thred,but the answer is that kit kat it self is not giving the option to read the card as MASS storage (i think , maybe i'm wrong ).now i use an app AIRDROID to upload and download files over WI-FI. i like Slimkat, it works better then a stock rom and batery life is better then CM11. "good work" to developers of both ROM's.

p.s. sorry for my awesome English

There we go an answer is always here. :-D

What we mustn't do is block this thread with the same questions over and over again if they have been discussed or already answered. The mods don't like that and get angry.........:-p

I agree slimkat is great.....its awsum.

I haven't had any of the bugs in this that I had in cm11, and as I been posting and following both threads, some people suggest this build isn't up to competing anywhere near cm11.

I totally disagree.

I reflashed the latest cm11 nightly yesterday.

My y300 took 13.5 minutes to boot from recovery. (Never taken that long before)

It crashed/black screen if death and froze and rebooted itself several times during initial set up.

I got play store errors, never had them before.

I got audio errors and that's no different to any other cm11, I've always had audio issues with cm11.

Happily gone back to slim kat and that's where I'm staying.

This us far more stable, bug free and has better battery life than stock or cm11.

If people wish to use this/try this that's fine but what we don't need here is people trying to convince us cm11 is better.

Its not at the moment I'm afraid.

If you want a stable kit kat run this.

If you want more options and bugs, then run cm11.

If you run cm11 fine but please let work together and get this excellent rim even better, don't criticise us for enjoying it :-)

There we go an answer is always here. :-D

What we mustn't do is block this thread with the same questions over and over again if they have been discussed or already answered. The mods don't like that and get angry.........:-p

I agree slimkat is great.....its awsum.

I haven't had any of the bugs in this that I had in cm11, and as I been posting and following both threads, some people suggest this build isn't up to competing anywhere near cm11.

I totally disagree.

I reflashed the latest cm11 nightly yesterday.

My y300 took 13.5 minutes to boot from recovery. (Never taken that long before)

It crashed/black screen if death and froze and rebooted itself several times during initial set up.

I got play store errors, never had them before.

I got audio errors and that's no different to any other cm11, I've always had audio issues with cm11.

Happily gone back to slim kat and that's where I'm staying.

This us far more stable, bug free and has better battery life than stock or cm11.

If people wish to use this/try this that's fine but what we don't need here is people trying to convince us cm11 is better.

Its not at the moment I'm afraid.

If you want a stable kit kat run this.

If you want more options and bugs, then run cm11.

If you run cm11 fine but please let work together and get this excellent rim even better, don't criticise us for enjoying it :-)

I agree with you in some point but not in other, i have some bugs with slimkat that i don't have with cm11 and vice versa, both aren't perfect, and i suggest you to try also mokee OS from htcmania!

I agree with you in some point but not in other, i have some bugs with slimkat that i don't have with cm11 and vice versa, both aren't perfect, and i suggest you to try also mokee OS from htcmania!

Its fine really.....

I tried that mokee too.....it wouldn't boot......

Stuck in continuous Boot loop :-(

But what I find strange with both thus and cm11 is why a few people have very Pacific and the same bugs......others don't.

Then we get a few who have no bugs at all or report none at all.

When I say I'm bug free, I can't say 100 per cent I've had no bugs.

I've not seen anything unusual so that's what I report here.

Guest ZolaIII

The most of the problems are the same between Kit Kat's!

The Google based problems, our used hardware driver's & libs.

The difference is that Slim is cleaner (minimal), uses lees modification's then CM so it's out of this CM specific bugs.

Slim is also little better optimized so on Slim I recommend only additional bionic libs, on CM bionic & dalvik libs.

Slim also have a stupid implementation's like integrated su that is hard (if possible) to change. I don't like CM from when they went Inc©.

The most of the problems are the same between Kit Kat's!

The Google based problems, our used hardware driver's & libs.

The difference is that Slim is cleaner (minimal), uses lees modification's then CM so it's out of this CM specific bugs.

Slim is also little better optimized so on Slim I recommend only additional bionic libs, on CM bionic & dalvik libs.

Slim also have a stupid implementation's like integrated su that is hard (if possible) to change. I don't like CM from when they went Inc©.

Thanks bro :-)

Its fine really.....

I tried that mokee too.....it wouldn't boot......

Stuck in continuous Boot loop :-(

But what I find strange with both thus and cm11 is why a few people have very Pacific and the same bugs......others don't.

Then we get a few who have no bugs at all or report none at all.

When I say I'm bug free, I can't say 100 per cent I've had no bugs.

I've not seen anything unusual so that's what I report here.

Maybe a bad download? Or wrong recovery?

Anyway my bug with slimkat are keyboard that FC like happened also with cm10.2 to me (not with cm10.1, cm11 and now with mokee), back and menu buttons sometimes doesn't work, only home work (this is strange and happened only with slimkat) and the last annoying bug i found was missing browser's bookmarks sync, it miss in google account in settings! I had this bug with slimkat and now with mokee but not with cm11 and i used the same gapps.

I already wrote my bugs here but nobody care! Even developers that don't write a post since days!

With cm11 i had only some random reboot but rarely compared to cm10.2!

I don't know if someone else has my bug, but seems that every device has its own bugs! :P

Mine has problem also with fusionx...!

Anyway my bug with slimkat are keyboard that FC like happened also with cm10.2 to me (not with cm10.1, cm11 and now with mokee), back and menu buttons sometimes doesn't work, only home work (this is strange and happened only with slimkat) and the last annoying bug i found was missing browser's bookmarks sync, it miss in google account in settings! I had this bug with slimkat and now with mokee but not with cm11 and i used the same gapps.

I already wrote my bugs here but nobody care! Even developers that don't write a post since days!

I don't know if someone else has my bug, but seems that every device has its own bugs! :P

That's a great point to make......

Each persons device has its own bugs.

Lol.......

That's a great point to make...... Each persons device has its own bugs. Lol.......
Anyway, i just discovered that mokee os has multiwindows! :-Q______ __ _ Edited by EniJ

Guest SaurabhRCk

Mokee is great! lots of feature, fast, bug free. i used that couple of  days. Didn't have any problem. I am planning to flash slimkat's next update if the root issue gets fixed. thats the only thing holding me back.

Guest ZolaIII

The sync problem is known its actually related to gapps!

The problem with hardware keys not reacting some time's is present (Home works).

The keyboard problem is only related to you!

The bug list is much longer!

You can't expect a nursing care!

If you really like & use stock browser try out the "Tint Browser"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.tint

Guest chil360

The question is, where is the dev ? :D

I am here... but have been busy with family stuff and other commitnments. Can't work on this 24/7!

In the poll, looks like 240DPI is the preferred default - so all builds will default to 240 from now on.

As soon as Slim announce a new weekly, I will build and upload - haven't got the time to build nightly. Doesn't stop someone setting up a machine to build more regularly - the build instructions + manifests are in my github!

As for the mass storage, it looks like there are some patches under review in gerrit that might add this so when they get merged I will pull them in and build them.

Guest ZolaIII

Is there a way to emulate ram so I could say use 2 GB from my SD card and use it

The swap support is not present in current kernel, bat ZRam is present so you can use it. You really don't need a 2Gb of swap (200-256/ up to 768 for really heavy game's)!