[Kernel] CeXstel v0.61(Y300/G510) [SlimKAT]

Guest SaurabhRCk

Guest SaurabhRCk

This Kernel is based on CeXstel's .61 kernel compiled by David_Vaz. He used it in his ARA ROM [R2] [sLIM BASED]

http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=789255

I have just extracted it and made a flashable zip for anyone who wanna try it. It works great with any slimkat based rom. But Some users at htcmania are reporting that it has some issue with cm 11 ril. so you might wanna think before flashing in cm 11. But works great on slimkat. I am using with it with chil360's slimkat 3.2. 

Features:

3.4.4 kernel version
-New Freq Table - 19Mhz / 65Mhz / 98Mhz / 196Mhz / 320Mhz / 480Mhz / 700Mhz / 1008Mhz / [1046Mhz - y300] / [1209Mhz - g510]

-426 mb free ram.

-Underclock
-Dynamic fsync v2
-Increase available ram (depends on version which you choose)
-CPU voltage control VDD sys interface (only for y300)
-Schedulers : fiops / noop / dedline / cfq / sio / row / vr / zen / fifo
-Governors : interactive / conservative / userspace / powersave / ondemand / ondemandX / preformance / smartassv2 / smartassH3 / smartmax / badass / asswax / wheatley / dancedance / intellidemand / lulzactive / hyper / lionheart
-TCP congestion control algorithms: westwood / vegas / veno / cubic / reno / bic / htcp / lp / scalable / yeah / llinois / hybla / highspeed
-TCP westwood as default
-Optimized AES and SHA1 routines
-LowMemoryKiller management of not killable processes
-Timer slack controller
-CK3 Tweaks
-Optimized SLUB memory allocator
-Dynamic management of the minimal timer slack value during suspend/resume
-Compile with -O3

-ARM flags optimization
-Linaro 4.6.2
-FRandom
-Swap support
-Lowered swappiness 60->45
-Zram (?)
-Dynamic dirty page writebacks
-Doubled readahead values
-Fast Charge (untested but i think it need some fixes)
-A little bit overclocked gpu [gpu freq steps : 192Mhz / 245Mhz / 320mhz]
-Different compresion type
-Disabled Gentle Fair Sleepers for better UI performance

Screenshots:

Screenshot_2014-03-04-13-38-49.pngScreenshot_2014-03-04-13-38-36.png

Screenshot_2014-03-04-13-39-04.pngScreenshot_2014-03-04-13-38-18.png

Screenshot_2014-03-04-13-39-13.png

Download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B936USMlQhtKRjVJdzc3TDF6ZWc/edit?usp=sharing

Bug: Can't play youtube Video. But stock media app can play videos as usual. And all other video players work. camera is not working properly. Both the issue is due to the 426mb version. The 407mb version is coming up, should not have these problems.

PS: i did not compiled it. So I can't really solve any problem with this kernel. But I am using it since this morning. and faced no issue! So should work fine! :) :)

Edited by SaurabhRCk

Guest Gianfrix

I tried his ARA rom and camera didn't work too. It's a shame because this rom feels quite a bit smoother than the original SlimKat... I think that using the 407MB Cexstel kernel instead of the 426MB one would solve the video problems.

Guest ZolaIII

Tested 0.61.

The mod of ondemand parameters is not working well (as expected).

It's a little (not noticeable to common users) slower (0.60 & 0.61) than 0.59 probably the kernel revision bat this is only around 1%.

The 0.59 is by far the best release up to date.

I noticed a little regression in net spread to (Vellamo test) & apparently they are more tied to scrolling/zoom speed then Sun Spider.

Guest SaurabhRCk

I tried his ARA rom and camera didn't work too. It's a shame because this rom feels quite a bit smoother than the original SlimKat... I think that using the 407MB Cexstel kernel instead of the 426MB one would solve the video problems.

I think so too! I told him to take a look at this, and if anything comes up I will post it here :)

Guest SaurabhRCk

Tested 0.61.

The mod of ondemand parameters is not working well (as expected).

It's a little (not noticeable to common users) slower (0.60 & 0.61) than 0.59 probably the kernel revision bat this is only around 1%.

The 0.59 is by far the best release up to date.

I noticed a little regression in net spread to (Vellamo test) & apparently they are more tied to scrolling/zoom speed then Sun Spider.

I am using smartassv2 with deadline scheduler! performance is fine except that youtube bug. I like to underclock to 19mhz most and also the fsync. everything else is great! can you tell me if anyother governor or scheduler will give me better performance! how is smartassh3??

Guest ZolaIII

I am using smartassv2 with deadline scheduler! performance is fine except that youtube bug. I like to underclock to 19mhz most and also the fsync. everything else is great! can you tell me if anyother governor or scheduler will give me better performance! how is smartassh3??

If we had a 10-15 frequency states then smartass cud be beneficial (to jump strate to 70%) bat this way you better stick to ondemand.

Deadline is causing trouble now when set to have only one fifo process (with synching of background tasks). I reverted to original config of 16...

Guest SaurabhRCk

If we had a 10-15 frequency states then smartass cud be beneficial (to jump strate to 70%) bat this way you better stick to ondemand.

Deadline is causing trouble now when set to have only one fifo process (with synching of background tasks). I reverted to original config of 16...

so what scheduler are you recommending?