[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

Hey moddingg

Es ist wunderbar was du hier für Arbeit leistest, aber geht beim Thema OC noch ein bisschen? Du willst zwar nicht mehr übertakten aber unser Handy kann das gebrauchen. Kannst du bitte die Android 4.2 Grafiktreiber in den Kernel integrieren? Ich denke mal das Huawei die von 4.0 oder 4.1 verwendet hat.

When talking about GPU drivers I need to make something clear first: there are kernel drivers on the one side and the Adreno libraries integrated into the ROM on the other one.

Adreno dropped support of their 200 series completely. They focus on their new 400 one.

Adreno EGL library ("ROM drivers"): unluckily Adreno doesn't offer their EGL drivers for public download. Instead you have to register as an developer on their website. Even developers get really bad support on integrating this mentioned library from what I've read. Maybe companies like Samsung got more luck on it. It might possibly an option to extract EGL drivers from Samsung ROMs and to test whether they even work and how they perform.

Adreno kernel drivers: well ... i'm currently trying to update the graphic related kernel modules (kgsl, adreno, framebuffer, ion). This might take a while and I can't say yet if I will succeed on it.

IN german: Gibt nen Unterschied zwischen den EGL Bibliotheken die in die ROM integriert sind und den Kerneltreibern ansich. Was die EGL Bibliothek angeht lässt sich leider nicht viel machen. Man könnte höchstens versuchen aktuellere aus einer anderen JellyBean ROM zu extrahieren und zu testen, ob diese funktionieren und ob es überhaupt einen Unterschied macht. Auf die Kerneltreiber kann ich schone her EInfluss nehmen und versuche derzeit diese zu updaten. Ich weiß allerdings noch nicht, ob ich damit Erfolg haben werde, geschweige denn wann ich damit fertig werde. Ist ein ganz schön großes Projekt, da an dem Grafiktreiber noch weitere Kernelmodule dranhängen, die ebenfalls mit geupdatet werden müssen.

Guest jor1196

When talking about GPU drivers I need to make something clear first: there are kernel drivers on the one side and the Adreno libraries integrated into the ROM on the other one.

Adreno dropped support of their 200 series completely. They focus on their new 400 one.

Adreno EGL library ("ROM drivers"): unluckily Adreno doesn't offer their EGL drivers for public download. Instead you have to register as an developer on their website. Even developers get really bad support on integrating this mentioned library from what I've read. Maybe companies like Samsung got more luck on it. It might possibly an option to extract EGL drivers from Samsung ROMs and to test whether they even work and how they perform.

Adreno kernel drivers: well ... i'm currently trying to update the graphic related kernel modules (kgsl, adreno, framebuffer, ion). This might take a while and I can't say yet if I will succeed on it.

IN german: Gibt nen Unterschied zwischen den EGL Bibliotheken die in die ROM integriert sind und den Kerneltreibern ansich. Was die EGL Bibliothek angeht lässt sich leider nicht viel machen. Man könnte höchstens versuchen aktuellere aus einer anderen JellyBean ROM zu extrahieren und zu testen, ob diese funktionieren und ob es überhaupt einen Unterschied macht. Auf die Kerneltreiber kann ich schone her EInfluss nehmen und versuche derzeit diese zu updaten. Ich weiß allerdings noch nicht, ob ich damit Erfolg haben werde, geschweige denn wann ich damit fertig werde. Ist ein ganz schön großes Projekt, da an dem Grafiktreiber noch weitere Kernelmodule dranhängen, die ebenfalls mit geupdatet werden müssen.

I think either update the modules from the kernel
now I'll try the latest version of the kernel that you made me

Guest squal

Both 100hz and 200hz is great...but ill personaly prepared the 200hz...for me 200hz is much smoother ....also in games like subway surfer...IMHO :)

Guest Domino2115

This expetimental seems good, but I dowloaded some games for example subway surfers and it doesnt run as i though that it should on dual core, on my xperis tipo it runs smoother and the hardware is worse.

Exactly smile.png. Version 4.9.1 (2014-06) ... I used an self-made "baremetal" build, with newlib c-library and without any kernel headers.

Edited by Guest

Guest fonz93

I flashed this kernel version and now minfree values can be changed again via init.d script, don't know why didn't work in the previous version (i also tried what you said modying minfree kbs but didn't worked too)

Edit: I can confirm, as someone said in previous pages that the phone began to be a little hot without playing any games or video/music, just whatsapp in wi-fi

Edited by fonz93

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS

I don't know why but I can't get zram to work with an init.d script. Neither modprobe nor insmod is working because there is no zram.ko in /system/lib/modules. While the device is running I can activate zram without any need to use insmod/ modprobe. I'm able to simply set the disksize and mkswap/ swapon also work. Could you please point me to what I am doing wrong? :D

Guest fonz93

I don't know why but I can't get zram to work with an init.d script. Neither modprobe nor insmod is working because there is no zram.ko in /system/lib/modules. While the device is running I can activate zram without any need to use insmod/ modprobe. I'm able to simply set the disksize and mkswap/ swapon also work. Could you please point me to what I am doing wrong? :D

There is no zram.ko in /system/lib/modules because moddingg33k included it in the kernel.

Can you post the whole script that are you using? so we can find where is the problem ( i used many times a script based on moddingg33k script without any problem)

Edited by fonz93

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS
#!/system/bin/sh

sleep 30

(modprobe zram num_devices=1)
echo 96M > /sys/block/zram0/disksize
mkswap /dev/block/zram0
swapon /dev/block/zram0

Tried it with and without modprobe.

Edit: The script works when I execute it at runtime.

Edited by AssaSsiNMiLeS

Guest fonz93

I use this:

# Num_Devices
insmod /system/lib/modules/zram.ko num_devices=1

# Disk_Size
echo $((100*1024*1024)) > /sys/block/zram0/disksize

# Activate
mkswap /dev/block/zram0
swapon /dev/block/zram0 -p5

insmod command is used to set the number of devices, without this command i don't know which value will use
Edited by fonz93

Guest fonz93

Still doesn't work with your insmod line.

Try to rename your script to something like "00zram", it has to be the first to be executed at boot, if my script doesn't work is because you have some init.d script that goes in loop and zram script can't be executed, the script itself it's working for sure (i tried it now and works 100%)

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS

It was already named 00zram. I'm using H3ROS AOSP MOD and I just revoked the execute permission from his init scripts but still my zram script doesn't work. I have absolutely no clue what is causing that.