[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

Guest krux3r

Yes, it's enough. Personally, after every flash I also do a cache and dalvik wipe, just to be sure...

Finnaly a normal answer.

Thank you.

Doesn't hurt neither to clear the caches. It's up to yourself.

And yes it's true. My installer script cleans caches ... "just in case" ;)

Edited by Guest

Guest Romagnolo1973

Although I take your report seriously this increased battery drain seems unlikely being caused by the auto-hotplug code in my opinion. Not for idle/deepsleep scenarios at least.

Can you please check your wakelocks? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector

CPU & Kernel-WakeLocks would be interesting. Maybe you can make a screenshot and send them to me via PM.

Here the screenshots:

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

I can't see nothing strange, but today same usage only 2G, 1 call 2 minutes, 2 meggages and 14% battery drain 

During night in aeromode the consuption is zero, so probably is not related to deepsleep, but when i turn radio module on I saw that battery drain is noticeable, 5% in the first 2 hours and only 9% in the rest of the 14 hours of use.

Could be radio signal not good, in this time there are alot of tourist here (near Rimini city) and the signal can be horrible even if I check it and  I don't loose it.

Tomorrow I will try your stable kernel to see what happens if is a radio signal issue

Thanks

Edited by Romagnolo1973

Guest barnir

i was checking performance control for a bit and i noticed alot of jumps between 122(my min), 245, 1008 some times betwenn this jumps the second core gets activated, i guess i will install wakelock also and try to provide some for info

Guest fonz93

@Romagnolo1973 Hi, i suggest you to use the greenify hibernation shortcut instead of the greenify autohibernation (disable it in the app), it will reduce to 0 his wakelock

Edited by fonz93

Guest rederik75

try deactivate/freeze google play services

Sorry, I don't understand your answer... Do you mean that it may improve the battery duration further? As far as I know play services is necessary for apps to update, and other things to keep in sync...

Guest Romagnolo1973

Sorry, I don't understand your answer... Do you mean that it may improve the battery duration further? As far as I know play services is necessary for apps to update, and other things to keep in sync...

Not exactly, GooglePS is not necessary for app update, but only for sync you with Google services, as Gmail, G+, probably GMaps (I use another navigator so I don't try) but Playstore, app update in playstore, your sync with google account for store your contact are still working. I know because I have freeze Google Play Service using a nice app as System Clean Up. Now my GooglePS is active with only a service sometimes (related to Google Playstore that recall the service) and not with 3 or more service active in background.

GooglePS is a battery eater and you can disable it and as workaround use others app instead of Google app as Solmail or K9Mail that are good email apps compatible with Gmail 

Guest Romagnolo1973

others feedbacks for modding33k:

italian users ( I manage a thread about Y300 in an italian IT forum) are very happy with your last beta auto-hotplug kernel.

They said there is a great better battery life in 3G: after 2 day of base use in 3g with some call, messaging and web, there is a 50% reamining so they pass from less than 3 day of use to 4 days with your kernel :-)

Guest porozex

Why in the latest experimental version the kernel version is 3.4.0 and not 3.4.101 ??

because this kernel is based on stock provided by huawei. thats what said modding some time ago, anyway correct me if im wrong

It's like already being said: there were serious performance regressions I couldn't track, so the general kernel version got revert back to 3.4.0 some while ago.

Don't feel too disturbed about the kernel version itself. I've add and backported various patches from 3.4.y and higher kernel versions. The OnDemand governor for example is taken from kernel 3.7 and got extended by changes done through 3.10 - 3.17.