[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

Guest Romagnolo1973

I can be a beta tester. In that case, which logcat generator do you suggest?

there are tons of good logcat viewers on playstore, personally I use this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2655297

@modding33k 

in an italian forum there are thousands users with your great kernel so if you give us a new testing build we can test it at 360° and I will report here bugs we encouters

Edited by Romagnolo1973

Unfortunately no. Test show, that merging Huawei's kernel code affects the device performance in a bad way.

You might need to know, that Huawei uses to create "universal kernels", which are meant to be working on a couple of devices based on similar hardware.

On our case, this kernel sources of Huawei were made for MSM7x27a and MSM7x30 based SoCs.

Usually creating one kernel for multiple targets should be working fine. But like said before: my tests show a generally better perfotmance, when leaving out a couple of "Huawei modifications".

This being said, I wanna try once again not to merge the complete code of Huawei, but instead only hardware (camera, sensors, …) and Y300/G510 related stuff. I consider this way a better choice in terms of stability and performance, also it takes a little bit longer.

Meanwhile I do not want to provide any unfinished builds which I'm not going to further work on.

I don't know if anyone ever noticed, that any stock kernel (compiled by Huawei) is running much better than a self-compiled one using the downloaded sources.

Like mentioned several times, Huawei uses a different kernel source code for Y300/G510 than offered for download on their website.

Stay a little bit more patient with me unless I've restored what they just could have provided on their website.

That sounds nice. I'll wish you good luck and do your best with the kernel. But its sad to read this if you're right. Take your time and optimize it. it's nice to read about your currently minds and i waiting for your final kernel.

Im happy enough to see so much activity just for this low budget phone :) this phone was a present for my little brother and he's happy about it (the slimkat in use)

Sorry for my bad english.. I come from germany :P

Edited by seluce

Fonz93 just reminded me about the "milky screen issue" of the G510 kernel sources. So if the G510 sources are broken and they didn't use the Y300-J1 sources for our device, I got absolutely no clue what they actually used for our Y300-0100. Going to try to get an "best-of-both".

On my nightly folder there's an build (2014-10-04 development build) where I attempted to improve the device's performance a bit. It's only an preview how the kernel could work like. It does NOT include features like zram or an updated FM radio driver for example. So currently you should stick to the version you prefer most and which runs best for you. If you don't care or need those features, you might wanna test this build however. Unfortunately I won't support that build, since I deleted it already from my HDD again in favor of working on the current build.

Edited by Guest

Man, you are so focused on the work youre doing! Great job, and Im glad that a lot of you here still does hard work to make this device more enjoyable and better. Continue the good work!

And thanks :D

Guest Jairus1998

Fonz93 just reminded me about the "milky screen issue" of the G510 kernel sources. So if the G510 sources are broken and they didn't use the Y300-J1 sources for our device, I got absolutely no clue what they actually used for our Y300-0100. Going to try to get an "best-of-both".

On my nightly folder there's an build (2014-10-04 development build) where I attempted to improve the device's performance a bit. It's only an preview how the kernel could work like. It does NOT include features like zram or an updated FM radio driver for example. So currently you should stick to the version you prefer most and which runs best for you. If you don't care or need those features, you might wanna test this build however. Unfortunately I won't support that build, since I deleted it already from my HDD again in favor of working on the current build.

That explain why it's not working. I got to say, the performance is good. Now I'm gonna flash the 17/8/2014 nightly kernel

Edited by Jairus1998

Guest andrea2107

Remember that g330 came before y300 and g510

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lolletto

What are the strings of build.prop which improve battery performance?

I found the following:

# Power saving
ro.ril.power.collapse=1
pm.sleep_mode=1

Are there others ?

Guest Romagnolo1973

Some of you are using the last development nightly kernel? Is stable? Improve the battery performance? Is better than the last stable?

with the stable you have no issue, using a nightly probably you can have problem with the wakeup of your phone

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...