[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

Guest ZolaIII

This looks pretty nice, but nothing for CM10.1 badly :(

But i've read some pages ago you will MAYBE made it also for CM10.1 which would be perfect...

Also few things to make this kernel a bit batteryfriendlier...

- Set the default Swappiness from 60 to 45

- Also you can lower the WiFi voltage

- Add InteractiveX Governor, its basicly same as Interactiv but contains profiels which are good for long batterylife with good performance.

HERE you have a good github from Christopher83, use his kernel in CM10.1 for SGS Plus. Maybe you can pick some good and usefull features ;)

Think with this 3 changes you can get a bit more batteryfriendlier kernel :)

How about that you look at the implemented settings before proposing any!

& write back tuning will save more in any situation!

About cellular radio its a peace of you know what & we can't do much about it!

After checking the default values for Virtual-Machine, I were shocked a bit and decided against my personal attitude to not let them being changed by any init process. That's why i slightly adjusted them to fit more for a mobile device:

write /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio 30
    write /proc/sys/vm/dirty_background_ratio 10
    write /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centisecs 1000
    write /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs 500
    write /proc/sys/vm/mmap_min_addr 16384
    write /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes 4096
    write /proc/sys/vm/swappiness 50
    write /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure 75

However it's up to everyone to adjust them to his personal needs. In my opinion a kernel shouldn't enforce "abnormal default values", neither should it include any so called "tweaks" regarding general system settings.

- Set the default Swappiness from 60 to 45
- Also you can lower the WiFi voltage

- Add InteractiveX Governor, its basicly same as Interactiv but contains profiels which are good for long batterylife with good performance.

HERE you have a good github from Christopher83, use his kernel in CM10.1 for SGS Plus. Maybe you can pick some good and usefull features wink.png

Thx for the link. I'm already aware of Christopher83's repo ;)

Unfortunately I cannot touch the WiFi driver, since there don't exist officially working sources for it. The open source ATH6KL driver doesn't work 100% on stock roms, because "wpa_supplicant" and "hostap" got modified by Huawei. I would need to recompile them on my own, which would go further than just providing an kernel.

I didn't find any proper multi-core aware CPU governor yet which would be worth being added. CodeAurora provides some nice patches for OnDemand and Interactive, which were implemented in Synopsis (beta 2). Their behavior was similar to the well known Intellidemand.

Don't forget that this kernel is still considered to be an "stock like kernel" and is not my main-project I'm targeting wub.png

Guest sgspluss

English:

Your are right, but personally i made really good experience with interactivex and sio, thats why i ask :)
About WiFi driver, it isnt bad so maybe you can do there something in the future with other sourcecode...

Saw your work and thought it would be nice to test it under CM10.1 cause CM11 is a bit to buggy (on my mind)...

Maybe if you will find some time it would be nice if you can take a look on CM10.1 and compatibily of your kernel with that, would nice to test it ;)

German:

Recht hast du, jedoch habe ich grade mti InteractiveX sehr gute erfahrungen gemacht mit SIO deswegen habe ich gefragt (kostet ja bekanntlich nichts :D)
Wegen den WiFi driver ist es zwar schade aber gut das kann man verkraften eventuell wird das irgendwann noch was werden mit einem anderen Sourcecode...

Habe deine Arbeit auf Android-Hilfe gesehen und wollte diese unbedingt testen, nur schade das diese für Stock ist und nicht auch für CM10.1

CM11 ist mir noch zu buggy brauche ein Handy auf das Verlass ist schon alleine der Arbeit wegen.

Wenn du mal Zeit haben solltest kannst du eventuell mal versuchen den Kernel ebenfalls auf CM10.1 zu bringen?
Würde mich sehr freuen wenn ich diesen dann doch testen kann :)

In diesem Sinne...

Best Regards

Freunde Güße

Nightly build with updated OnDemand cpufreq driver: http://www.mediafire.com/download/chmaohfvdpf7tj6/kernel_y300_stock_20140527_updated_ondemand.zip

I tried to achieve better UI responsiveness while lowering batter drain and improve hotplugging.

I can not guarantee anything yet. But you are free to test it on your own if you wish. Gimme some feedback in case you do smile.png

If you set your minimum frequency lower than 320 Mhz you should update the new "input_boost" tuneable:

# this will boost the frequency to 320 Mhz on touchscreen input events

echo 320000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/input_boost

EDIT: you probably want to set your scheduler to deadline since CFQ is still being set as default.

Edited by Guest

Guest Domino2115

Everything seems good, i think that apps with new kernel build opens a bit faster than previous builds, i will report if i find out any bug.

Thx for reporting. I notice improvements in scrolling smoothness and switching from sleep to wake.

I will do more tests and probably change the code a bit till I"m satisfied.

Edited by Guest

Guest squal

hi guys..which is better to this kernel... eneble zram or not..sorry for my noob question..the zram is set in 17% by default..

Guest thetonyxx

yes, zram is at 17℅ and i cannot change this value...

whit the last release GPU max frequence is 300 not 320 MHz why?

Guest porozex

yes, zram is at 17℅ and i cannot change this value...

whit the last release GPU max frequence is 300 not 320 MHz why?

because 300mhz is stock. 320mhz was on ceastel kernel

Guest thetonyxx

Huhmmm. I didn't change anything regarding GPU clock. What device do you have?

y300-0100

because 300mhz is stock. 320mhz was on ceastel kernel

no, whit sinopsi beta 2 gpu freq is 320 mhz

It's possible that i increased the GPU's frequency on synopsis beta 2.

Due to an unsolved "issue" I didn't implement GPU OC, yet. The problem is, that the max-gpu-clock is getting set to the highest frequency available at boot. This behavior is not favorable, because any average user might not want his GPU being "automatically overclocked". Especially without knowing about it. I would like the driver to set the default frequency to 300 Mhz and make any higher one optional.

Guest thetonyxx

It's possible that i increased the GPU's frequency on synopsis beta 2.

Due to an unsolved "issue" I didn't implement GPU OC, yet. The problem is, that the max-gpu-clock is getting set to the highest frequency available at boot. This behavior is not favorable, because any average user might not want his GPU being "automatically overclocked". Especially without knowing about it. I would like the driver to set the default frequency to 300 Mhz and make any higher one optional.

ok

but why zram is only 59mb and i cannot change this value?

whit sinopsi beta 2 i can set zram up to 230mb, and now only 59 :unsure:

around 100-130 mb is more usefull than only 59

Guest fonz93

ok

but why zram is only 59mb and i cannot change this value?

whit sinopsi beta 2 i can set zram up to 230mb, and now only 59 :unsure:

around 100-130 mb is more usefull than only 59

Set zram with init.d script, don't use performance control

Guest thetonyxx

Set zram with init.d script, don't use performance control

no, i set another value, reboot but dont change the zram dimension :wacko:

after reboot value in script return to 64mb (59 effective)

Edited by thetonyxx

Guest fonz93

no, i set another value, reboot but dont change the zram dimension :wacko:

after reboot value in script return to 64mb (59 effective)

I can set all values with init.d script without any problem

Guest fonz93

must edit only zram value in megabyte or other value?

You have this line: echo $((50*1024*1024)) > /sys/block/zram0/disksize

Change "50" with your preferred value (in MB)

Guest thetonyxx

You have this line: echo $((50*1024*1024)) > /sys/block/zram0/disksize

Change "50" with your preferred value (in MB)

ok, thanks, now i tried it

shame that whit the last kernel gpu is less powerfull

Edited by thetonyxx

I noticed your request and might increase GPU's frequency soon again wink.png (after finishing my work on the cpu frequency drivers; i just commit a change in target frequency calculation backported from linux mainline kernel)

Edited by Guest

Guest thetonyxx

echo $((50*1024*1024)) > /sys/block/zram0/disksize

no, contain only numeric value of 59mb in byte

i cannot change zram :( ...

cioè modifico i valori, riavvio ma tutto torna come prima anche se ho salvato l' edit, pure il file di testo in sys/block/zram0/diskize torna a 61865984 dopo il riavvio

proprio non capisco, cioè un kernel migliore l' I/O ma poca zram e meno freq gpu e l' altro il contrario...

peccato :unsure:

moddink33k why you have change zram setting? or you not change value in kernel?

Edited by thetonyxx

Not my fault ... and like said there is no issue setting the zram disk size to any value you want to.

Do you use an APP or an script to initialize ZRAM?