[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

Guest H3ROS

About the RAM disk or the config? I knew about the config having differences for a while, but didn't check if the 2013 source actually contained the options until you said before.

I think I mentioned the vermagic stuff in my own thread before, but that got put on pause while I worked on ROM updates. Like you said, it's possible yet it's a little tricky. It's also not the desired thing to do, but trying to get a new kernel source from Huawei is like trying to get blood from a stone. I've contacted them a dozen times and they either don't reply or I get the same message back again and again.

Guest Vule991

Huh, this last kernel works on CM 10.1 like a never before. UI flying. Benchmark also shows. On Antutu reaches about 9000, and nenamark2 32.x fps.

Errrmm...could you tell me the build date+time of the kernel you just flashed (screenshot)? Because you must be talking about a different kernel laugh.png

Guest Domino2115

Errrmm...could you tell me the build date+time of the kernel you just flashed (screenshot)? Because you must be talking about a different kernel laugh.png

Nope dude, everybody here likes your work, I had never problems with your kernel untill today but you fixed it in some minutes, we love your great work ;)

Thx for the sugar wub.png . But I really need serious feedback :P

I'm glad about any kind of report regarding my kernel builds. The sooner problems are getting noticed, the better I can isolate and fix them.

The same goes for improvements: if something helped (a lot) with something I'd like to know it too of course, else I might delete positive commits one day on accident.

Personally I experience micro stutters from time to time and got only "average benchmark scores". That's what makes me curious why it might be working better for others.

Guest H3ROS

And it's a G510 remember, so it'll score better than the Y300 anyway. Normally they're in the 8500+ range, but I've been in that range with the Y300 when testing one of your kernels before as well as with my modded CeXstel kernel. There's also a line in my latest ROM that'll boost benchmark scores, but it could cause screen tearing during fast animations.

Synopsis Kernel Cm10.1 11-07 with reverted kgsl commits.

Is that the version where the updated LCD drivers are still included? huh.png I deleted them too in my most recent build.

Guest fonz93

Is that the version where the updated LCD drivers are still included? huh.png I deleted them too in my most recent build.

Yes, i rebased cm10.1 version on the cm11 version you posted previously, i didn't repack the new version

I started to have issues on my own, that the phone got stuck after waking it up from deep-sleep. It crashed on unlock screen. This didn't happen one single time before. I've spend around 4 hours or maybe even a little bit more to update all LCD related stuff. I won't attempt to update them again anytime soon I guess.

Guest Chefo93

I'm using the kernel with the updated GPU stuff and I must say the UI is a lot better on CM 11 than before, it's almost excellent! I had a wakelock, but it was related to the GAPPS, specifically Google Play Services... The 5.xx.xx version, which updated itself without asking me anything. Anyway, I killed the problem and now my phone is okay! Dunno why you would stop working on the kernel, I get the frustration, it happens to me sometimes, but man, don't give up! You're really good! :)

Guest jor1196

"fixed" kernel build: http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/56151256/file.html

• all GPU / Display related changes are revert
  • I've only kept the kernel upgrade from 3.4.0 to 3.4.98

I hope everyone always keeps an backup of the version which works best for himself.

is very stable 

woooooo!!!!

You should post it on mediafire 
in the folder named stable 

excuse my English is google translator

Guest jor1196
and why not try to improve the adreno drivers for android 4.3 and kitkat? 
drivers related to the egl folder and kernel

I know it's difficult but worth a try

Guest juanpablocastillo

+1 :) Edited by juanpablocastillo

EVERY attempt failed so far. I can only work on the kernel side -> KGSL driver. It seems that most updates done so far require updated EGL libraries, too. They need to be compatible to each other.

Unfortunately Qualcomms EGL libraries are closed source.

Edited by Guest

Never attempted to replace my ROM's EGL libs. The only ones I have are the latest available from qualcomm website. But I don't know which KGSL drivers they match with.

Guest juanpablocastillo

Mmm...

For Jelly Bean, the more updated libs for the Adreno 2xx series which I know existence are the provided by Qualcomm (the yours)

For KitKat, the more updated libs for the Adreno 2xx are the libs of the Samsung Galaxy S3 Sprint (Adreno 225 GPU) used in many ROMs with Adreno 2xx series, an example: LG L5 (TeamHackLG).

Edited by juanpablocastillo

Guest wbrambley

Mmm...

For Jelly Bean, the more updated libs for the Adreno 2xx series which I know existence are the provided by Qualcomm (the yours)

For KitKat, the more updated libs for the Adreno 2xx are the libs of the Samsung Galaxy S3 Sprint libs (Adreno 225 GPU) used in many ROMs with Adreno 2xx series, an example: LG L5 (TeamHackLG).

Didn't Dazzozo try this a while ago and it broke the camera?

Or am I thinking back to G300?

Guest juanpablocastillo

Didn't Dazzozo try this a while ago and it broke the camera?

Or am I thinking back to G300?

I don't know. You can provide me a link to the post of Dazozzo?