[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

Guest Vule991

Why no LCD + GPU OC? For me lcd patches works very good and UI very smooth.  :mellow:

Edited by Vule991

The download link does still work. I just cannot recommend this version for now, since many ppl seem to have issues with it. If it's working fine for you than you can use it of course ;)

Alright, I removed KGSL+LCD patches again for now. Here's an slightly updated build (can be consired *stable* I guess):

Current feature overview:

• Kernel version: 3.4.98
  • ZRAM
  • KSM (Kernel Samepage Merging)
  • Scheduler: ROW / deadline / CFQ / noop / SIO / FIOPS
  • GPU OC: 300 MHz -> 320 MHz
  • UHID driver
  • updated FM driver
  • updated QDSP & sound driver
  • FRandom
  • supports kernel mode neon
  • updated LZO algorithm (compression used for ex. ZRAM)
  • various kernel code fixes / patches

DOWNLOAD: http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/52506168/file.html

Edited by Guest

That might even be true if the CPU can't handle the increased GPU frequency. I guess I'm going to remove GPU OC again on upcoming releases, since it doesn't seem to help much.

Guest luca020400

Zram doesn't work in 17/7 version in carbonrom 4.2.2

Edit : now work

Thanks for this fantastic kernel

Edited by luca020400

Guest Domino2115

Funny thing is after two fallouts first day one kernel panic & one freeze on wake up it worked normally second day. The kgls & LCD version that is.

It's 95% LCD power management related...

By the way Adreno drives have more holes than Swiss cheese! :D

For those interested in experimenting their is a another tunable & setting it to "0" should help with memory hungry and big apps. It's "overcommit_memory".

Command is: echo 0 > /proc/sys/vm/overcommit_memory

It can be used with terminal as a script or with sysctl editor.

It whose set to 1 by default in our ROMs that's equal to no overcommit.

Explanation:

0 — The default setting. The kernel performs heuristic memory overcommit handling by estimating the amount of memory available and failing requests that are blatantly invalid. Unfortunately, since memory is allocated using a heuristic rather than a precise algorithm, this setting can sometimes allow available memory on the system to be overloaded.

1 — The kernel performs no memory overcommit handling. Under this setting, the potential for memory overload is increased, but so is performance for memory-intensive tasks.

Warning: don't even try to set it to two "2" as something Google added as Android specific is not compatible with more strict memory overcoming & will case freezing of OS!!!

The value of "0" for this tunable will be included as a default in future builds (as it is a default value in Linux).

This "commit" or i dont know how to call it causes that after some time if you want open any it app it doesnt open it , you just click on icon and nothing happen. I know that it causing this problem, because I tried this "commit" before today's build when it wasnt presented in kernel and its happend same as now that i couldnt open apps after some time.

Guest fonz93

Domino is right, i had this issue too, with both synopsis and stock kernel, but i thought was a my problem, i disabled it for testing some hours ago and this problem disappeared

Edited by fonz93

Guest Romagnolo1973

For me last kernel does not work in AOSP rom (previous sinapsys noLCD was working), bootloop after my operator logo.

The strange is even if I revert back to previous kernel (backuped) is the same, I only solved reinstaling the rom from zero with every wipe.

Guest Domino2115

Are you guys using swap?

I am & didn't had any problems concerning memory overcommit.

I dont use swap.

Edit: it just happend to me again :/

Edited by Domino2115

Guest ZolaIII

I still have no problems bat then again swap is the place to overcommit.

I don't know is Moddingg using swap I just did ask him...

General recommendation whose to use it with swap bigger than RAM bat then again it's Linux default value & naturally OS comes without enabled swap.

We will see what it is...

& large apps that tended to crash or abort because of lack of RAM now work for me like Vellamo (new) browser & multi core tests. I don't use Facebook & things like it so I don't know is it helpful in those cases, it should be.

Edited by ZolaIII