[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest Flea997

It'll be as others commented I think. The battery needs a full discharge and then a 100% charge from the mains overnight. It should start to stabilise then.

I wouldn't depend on the battery usage when in TWRP by the way. Some versions of that with the brightness set to 100% make the battery drop very rapidly. I use TWRP 2.6.3.3 with the brightness set to it's minimum and it's been a little better. In general that version of TWRP is the best for the Y300 anyway.

Well, I'm not a huge fan of the Sony UI so I'll be switching to a custom ROM very soon, but the Xperia Z1 makes the Y300 feel like a childs toy. Memory isn't a problem, you can play all of the best games and everything is much faster and smoother.

The only thing that I'm not a huge fan of is that the Xperia Z1 has a TFT screen. It's a 1080p (441ppi) screen though so it's still extremely good looking and better than many others out there. I could probably sell the phone and pay a little extra to get the Z2 if it bothered me a lot, but honestly I'm very happy with it for what I've paid for it.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't the unlock of bootloader cause problem to the camera on Xperia z phones?

Guest energizem

Hello,

i am getting msg "Unfortunately, Phone has stopped", after i installed this ROM, i rly like the ROM but not sure what can cause this?

Guest krux3r

@luca020400

@Flea977

Croatia is a beatifull country, but financially and politicaly is behind really. I hope when I get over with school get some job outside it and finally buy a good phone :D

Guest H3ROS

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't the unlock of bootloader cause problem to the camera on Xperia z phones?

You can root and install recovery without unlocking the bootloader. All you do is install the 4.4.2 firmware, root it and then install TWRP via an app. You then boot to recovery and you can flash all of the ROM's you want.

If you do unlock the bootloader then you can get features back easily enough. Keeping in mind that these features only work in official Sony apps anyway.

http://www.xda-developers.com/restore-lost-functionality-unlocked-xperia/

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Flea997

You can root and install recovery without unlocking the bootloader. All you do is install the 4.4.2 firmware, root it and then install TWRP via an app. You then boot to recovery and you can flash all of the ROM's you want.

If you do unlock the bootloader then you can get features back easily enough. Keeping in mind that these features only work in official Sony apps anyway.

http://www.xda-developers.com/restore-lost-functionality-unlocked-xperia/

wow, thanks for the informations!

Guest H3ROS

Hello,

i am getting msg "Unfortunately, Phone has stopped", after i installed this ROM, i rly like the ROM but not sure what can cause this?

Did you perform all of the wipes and have you tried to reinstall the ROM? Sometimes it fails for no apparent reason.

A few days ago someone else had a similar issue. I think it was due to his last used network mode, but I'm not 100% on it. I recommended him to try out CM10.1 by Fonz instead.

@H3ROS,messagging apk need a Internet connection for to send mms or there's a way without data on? Tnx..

Nope. That's how MMS works; it requires data to be enabled.

Guest wiserkc

I was using Automatic call recorder 4.14 on my SL 4.4 but it is not supported on this rom :( , what decent call recorder do you use with this rom ? please help.

Guest lomax84

I was using Automatic call recorder 4.14 on my SL 4.4 but it is not supported on this rom :( , what decent call recorder do you use with this rom ? please help.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1441643

Settings > Recording > Recording method > Kernel

Audio format: AMR

That should work, but it's not a free app.

Try record my call, it s free

Guest wiserkc

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1441643

Settings > Recording > Recording method > Kernel

Audio format: AMR

That should work, but it's not a free app.

Try record my call, it s free

H3roes: Thanks for a tip on this program, unfortunately its only works in standard api recording mode(and then other side is on low volume). In kernel its gives me error at start of a call and doesn't record it. Tried to put chipset type to Qualcomm MSM8255, that is correct for my y300-0151. Still same error. Device set as other, Metod: Kernel, format AMR, using AMR driver.  Still same result.

Lomax84:  Thanks RMC seems to be working not bad, yet my voice is much higher then the other side, but it is much more understandable then standard API on skvalex recorder. 

Guest H3ROS

Weird. It's something that was mentioned in an old thread, but I don't know if it would require a custom kernel. Remember though that a custom kernel would break support for bluetooth headsets.

Guest janners

Yeah. The Z1C is a smaller device that's 720p and has an IPS screen. The Z1 is bigger yet slimmer and has a 1080p screen which is very sharp, but it's viewing angles aren't as good as the Z2. Honestly though 9/10 when you're looking at your phone you're looking at it head on, so it's not like viewing angles should matter all that much.

I got the Xperia Z1 for just £125, which is amazing considering that the newest Moto G is £149.99.

Wow, great find, I can't find it at that price anywhere in the UK!   Enjoy - I'm not jealous at all :angry2: ;)

Guest H3ROS

I had it from a family friend of mine. It's brand new too.

You could probably pick one up in good condition on eBay for £130-150 though.

Edited by H3ROS