[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest Tommy21

Thanks for quick reply,my phone more or less works like a charm with stock kernel,although it doesn't want to open fb app.

I don't even want to update it to new version,i'm scared to update it.

Guest H3ROS

That might be a bug with the Facebook update released on the 8th July. There's lots of new reviews saying that it sucks, that it's slow etc. Prior to that update people said that Facebook worked for them on this ROM. I've also just downloaded it to see if it runs and it does.

The updates worth installing and it's totally safe. Of course you might have to modify it if you've removed some apps that you don't want reinstalled though.

@ SH3H1

Here's some extra interesting details for you.

The G510's B193 ROM (United Kingdom) uses the exact same baseband in the B198 (Western Europe) and B200 ROM (General Version).

The Y300's B197 ROM (United Kingdom) doesn't use the same baseband in the B199 (Germany?) ROM. The Y300's B197 baseband actually matches the G510's, so I don't know why the B199 baseband is different since Germany uses the same frequency bands as the UK.

B193(UK), B197(UK), B198(WE), B200(GV) - AMSS.MBN MD5: 77c4801f1b0d1be4f9f74ddd12d9509e

B193(UK), B197(UK), B198(WE), B200(GV) - AMSSHD.MBN MD5: 89cd8a4ac303c88df69fbf4c6600efcc

B199(??) - AMSS.MBN MD5: 6e7b6bbf3eced2a169f127f0416ef51a

B199(??) - AMSSHD.MBN MD5: 08b3c24f29883a4766dd1148f52c44e1

B189(GV) - AMSS.MBN MD5: b19fc791f7db90c371df39fdf8e166cc

B189(GV) - AMSSHD.MBN MD5: 08b3c24f29883a4766dd1148f52c44e1

The B189 baseband is exact same size as the B199 baseband, so I can only guess that the B199 ROM is actually a general version and not specific to an area.

My Y300-0100 has the B189 (General Version) baseband, even though I bought it from and live in the UK. I've also never installed an official update.

You can backup your current baseband by using this command:

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 of=/sdcard/baseband.img

You can then extract the img file with something like PowerISO.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest TheHighDroid

After i wiped the internal sd the rom is finally working as a charm. I had some issues just with whatsapp (it took a life to initialize) and facebook (i guess that app sucks even in nexus 5). I'll keep testing, thanks for your great job. :)

Guest dinotre

Today I flashed this ROM after a month... the stock kernel makes it definitely more stable... best custom ROM i've ever used on y300

@H3ROS dude best rom ever...the only thing i miss is loudness of CM Roms...Plzz in the next update is it possible for u to increase the sound of the speakers like CM Roms ??? 

Guest fonz93

@H3ROS dude best rom ever...the only thing i miss is loudness of CM Roms...Plzz in the next update is it possible for u to increase the sound of the speakers like CM Roms ???

You can do it via Viper4Android, there isn't another way because we can't recompile audio libs as they aren't open source

Guest gregySK

You can do it via Viper4Android, there isn't another way because we can't recompile audio libs as they aren't open source

How goes settings in Viper to increase loudness?Thanks..

Guest ZolaIII

Their is a another way by changing amplifying factor for outputs in QDSP code...

Guest ZolaIII

How goes settings in Viper to increase loudness?Thanks..

You should chose viper as default musical effect in system settings - sound (if H3ROS didn't change something) & in viper their is a set of options to amplify output from eXtra-Loud to all other like master gate limiter to parametric equalizer...

Bat you won't get much as viper is tuned for quality not loudness.

Guest dinotre

Am I the only one that does not receive any whatsapp messages during deep sleep? "always-on mobile data" is checked

Edited by dinotre

Guest dinotre

There are problems with Google's Push Notifications which most messenger APPs rely on: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/fslYqYrULto[1-25-false]

On Google's PlayStore you can find APPs which try work around this issue: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andqlimax.pushfixer&hl=de

10x moddingg3k...

but why this doesn't happen with stock rom?

@ moddingg33k

Yep, I've seen that. It's a good patch, although it's still slower than using frandom and erandom. You can benchmark them in a terminal:

time head -c 10m /dev/random > /dev/null
time head -c 10m /dev/urandom > /dev/null

Uhm ... you didn't fully get me I guess tongue.png

If you are using Frandom in combination with that patch you will mostly never have an empty entropy pool and you also don't need any other stuff like SEEDER apps or similar things you can find on XDA smile.png

Edited by Guest

@dinotre: that's not easy to answer. If I had to guess I'd say some APP or Background-service is keeping the push-notification connection alive.

On a completely untouched stock ROM WhatsAPP was working fine for me, too. After removing some system APPs I didn't want to have constantly running I didn't receive messages in "real-time" anymore.

Edited by Guest

Guest H3ROS

Uhm ... you didn't fully get me I guess tongue.png

If you are using Frandom in combination with that patch you will mostly never have an empty entropy pool and you also don't need any other stuff like SEEDER apps or similar things you can find on XDA smile.png

I got ya, but I've always avoided stuff such as seeder simply because frandom/erandom seems to do the job. For example erandom doesn't use any kernel entropy at all and frandom is fast and uses only 256 bytes, so there's no need to keep the entropy pool maxed out. Of course it doesn't hurt to do it, but it doesn't gain a lot.

@ dinotre

Are you using the stock kernel or did you switch to Synopsis? It's just that a change of kernel can alter the behaviour. It'd depend on if moddingg33k has changed the sleep mode or power collapse.

I've not actually tried a messenger client in a few months now, but I get emails from deep sleep almost instantly. I know that because if I purchase something online then my phone will make a sound a few seconds later. I'll double check with a messaging client though.

Guest dinotre

@ dinotre

Are you using the stock kernel or did you switch to Synopsis? It's just that a change of kernel can alter the behaviour. It'd depend on if moddingg33k has changed the sleep mode or power collapse.

I've not actually tried a messenger client in a few months now, but I get emails from deep sleep almost instantly. I know that because if I purchase something online then my phone will make a sound a few seconds later. I'll double check with a messaging client though.

using stock b200 kernel... just flashed your rom... i don't use a google account... anyway... it's my problem... not rom problem ;)

Guest H3ROS

I know that with CyanogenMod push mode doesn't work without GAPPS, so maybe it requires you to be logged in with a Google account too. I've never actually tried that. Either way I've checked an account with IM+ which uses Googles cloud messaging (push mode). I left my phone alone for just over 10 minutes and then sent a message to myself from another account and I instantly got the message. So push mode should be working well.

Edited by H3ROS

I got ya, but I've always avoided stuff such as seeder simply because frandom/erandom seems to do the job. For example erandom doesn't use any kernel entropy at all and frandom is fast and uses only 256 bytes, so there's no need to keep the entropy pool maxed out. Of course it doesn't hurt to do it, but it doesn't gain a lot.

Hm no, you didn't :P Nevermind sleep.png

Guest H3ROS

I'll explain it more just to clarify.

If you use frandom and erandom correctly then you don't need to worry about the entropy pool depleting in the first place, which means that the kernel patch to keep the entropy pool full doesn't really have any benefits.

From Gingerbread and up Random and SecureRandom use urandom. We're replacing urandom with erandom though and erandom doesn't use any of the kernels entropy at all, which means that the kernel patch doesn't improve on much. So it'd only really be beneficial if a ROM didn't make use of frandom or erandom.

When I originally said that you can benchmark things I meant that you'll see that it's the same with or without the patch. As long as frandom and erandom are there then the entropy pool never becomes empty.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

It'll average 150 - 50 depending on what you install and how many background services you have running. The low memory killer keeps things under control and any important things such as the SystemUI, Phone, Viper or NFC are locked in memory.

The Y300 and G510 only have 393MB of usable RAM since it gives 119MB of the 512MB to the GPU. Android itself then takes a large chunk to run, especially with full hardware acceleration.

I talked about the memory before: http://www.modaco.com/topic/372741-rom-411-b200-aosp-mod/page-29#entry2217853

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

It did, although it was untested. If it works with the original CeXstel kernel then it should work from mine though.

I'll see if I can find it and I'll send you a private message with the link.

Guest kl4us

i am a little bit confused, does this rom include a kernel or not?

if not should i switch to b200 kernel ? or only if i need bluetooth support?

whats the best kernel when i dont need bluetooth?

currently the kernel i am using is being displayed as 3.4.0-perf-g6031273

thanks in advance!

Edited by kl4us