[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest matteussz_

Maybe it's a stupid question, but are OTA updates possible for this ROM? So we don't have to download the zips and flash them via recovery, an app or the system does this for us.

Guest H3ROS

I know that, but on all other roms I didn't have that "problem". For example on other roms I use let's say facebook messenger and opera mini. And both apps are constantly loaded in memory and switching between them is quick. On this rom I'm now in messenger, I change to opera mini and it loads, use it for few moments, change back to messenger and it loads again, few seconds later I change back to opera mini and it loads again as it has never been loaded and so on... On other roms I've used 2-3 apps simultaneously without reloading. I've been changing number of processes in dev options, but none of that helped

There's two likely reasons for that. The first being that this has full AOSP hardware rendering, so each app that uses it will take a little more RAM. The second is that most other ROM's change the kernel to Synopsis or CeXstel where as I've stuck with the stock kernel so that the ROM's 100% functional.

It's possible to tweak the OOM values, but that's one of them things that people can have different opinions on. Like some people might want it to be aggressive so that you've got a lot of free RAM and others might want it to be relaxed and allow more multitasking.

@ matteussz_

I could, but I did that in my last ROM for a different phone and found that it's a headache to maintain. The main problem with it is finding a host that allows direct links to large files.

I'd say the ROM is now totally stable and about as bug free as they come, so I shouldn't really need to update it much anymore. If I do then I might start over with smaller updates.

Guest Syssx420

Google Drive allows huge files and direct linking to use it with OTAupdater (otaupdatecenter.pro). Also I didn't find any B200 to B209 changelogs (if any?). Could someone provide me some info?

Guest H3ROS

Actually unless somethings changed it doesn't. Google Drive used to allow large files to be directly downloaded, but then they added virus checking to files and any large files now result in a screen where you've got to click on "download anyway". That causes OTA Updater to fail when downloading any ROM updates.

Between B200 and B209 there's little to no difference. They updated a few minor things, improved the audio service and updated the WiFi lib. Other than that it's no different.

@ luca020400

I wouldn't know if it doesn't work from post_boot. I've tested that before and it works for me. Windows installs the drivers and mounts it as a media device.

I remember reading somewhere that Android 4.0 and up normally uses MTP by default and that you can't mount as USB. Mounting as USB is actually better though as it's much more compatible with Linux systems and it's normally faster at transferring files than MTP.

When you select a USB mode I don't think it's supposed to save that option, at least with AOSP.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest huehue90

There's two likely reasons for that. The first being that this has full AOSP hardware rendering, so each app that uses it will take a little more RAM. The second is that most other ROM's change the kernel to Synopsis or CeXstel where as I've stuck with the stock kernel so that the ROM's 100% functional.

It's possible to tweak the OOM values, but that's one of them things that people can have different opinions on. Like some people might want it to be aggressive so that you've got a lot of free RAM and others might want it to be relaxed and allow more multitasking.

thank you on your feedback.

I'll try synopsis just to see how it behaves

so i need to put boot.img and modules in rom. what about setup directory (busybox, synopsis.sh), system/etc/init.d/s00_initd, updater script?

Guest H3ROS

Yeah, that's what I mean. For me setting that in the post_boot file would automatically select to use MTP and it would connect as MTP too.

It's not really a bug since the ROM's designed to use USB storage, but a few people such as yourself would instead like to use MTP and I've yet to find a way to enable that that'll work for everyone. I'll have to take a look through the code I think as I can't even find much about it online.

@ huehue90

All you need is the boot.img and modules. Everything else isn't needed as the ROM already has busybox and the init.d script doesn't do anything.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest luca020400

I googled but the only way for change the connection are init.d script and postboot.sh( setprop etc ) and buidl.prop ( persist etc )

Guest H3ROS

Have you tried entering the command from ADB and then rebooting?

adb shell setprop persist.sys.usb.config mtp,adb

Or from terminal emu:

su
setprop persist.sys.usb.config mtp,adb

Guest luca020400

Work but only first the reboot after return mass_storage

The right command is : adb shell su -c "setprop persist.sys.usb.config mtp,adb"

Edited by luca020400

Guest H3ROS

It's weird since that's something that should stick. I'll check over the code later tonight since that behaviour would suggest that somethings overriding it.

Guest H3ROS

My guess is that it's got more to do with the actual Android part that displays the USB connected screen. It'll could be that or the settings getting saved to SettingsEX (Huawei save location) instead of Settings.

Guest H3ROS

It's a simple code edit to change where it's either saved or loaded from. It would be harder to solve if that isn't the problem though. I'd probably need to go back to my original stock ROM just to check out how that behaves.

Guest Syssx420

I was using Gdrive for a long time even with that "Download anyway". Don't know of they changed it but when you right click "Download anyway" and select copy "Copy Link" (dont know this in english i have my browser in different language) you can get a direct link.

Edited by Syssx420

Guest H3ROS

It used to work a long to ago by simply adding "&confirm=no_antivirus" to the URL. The only other way I know how to do it is to share the file publicly, but then it'll lose it's file name and type during the download.

If I copy the download link the &confirm code changes, so what works for me won't work for someone else. It's the same problem if I copy the download link (googleusercontent.com) as it'll eventually time out and will then be useless to others.

Guest matteussz_

Since update 5 Twitter for Android doesn't work properly, when I reboot I get logged out and I can't log back in. Tried multiple app versions, same applies for all of them. Sometimes I don't need to reboot, it just happens. Is it app or ROM problem?

Guest Romagnolo1973

H3ROS ota update for my old sony smartphone CM custom rom was the app on xda Ota Update Center in association with hosting service dev-host http://d-h.st/

Everyting was working perfectly, but due the fact is a old device are month there are no more update (and generally small update) I can't confirm now this combo is working, but you can try if this can solve the problem in your case

Edited by Romagnolo1973

Guest fonz93

Since update 5 Twitter for Android doesn't work properly, when I reboot I get logged out and I can't log back in. Tried multiple app versions, same applies for all of them. Sometimes I don't need to reboot, it just happens. Is it app or ROM problem?

I use twitter and i haven't any problem, just to see if is an host problem install AdAway and try it