[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

There were ppl on XDA doing the same tests you just did. The result was the same: 3072 KB seems to be the "best" value for an Class 10 external SDcard cool.png

That's the point I tried to make to Zola before, but he was confident that I was wrong and that the tests people have done on it are imaginary.

By default the ROM uses 2048 KB since that's a good average for most SD cards, although it seems as though a small group of people have problems when the value is changed.

On a totally different subject I've now added mass storage as a mounting option. It still loses the setting after a reboot though (which is the same behaviour as the stock Huawei ROM's) and I don't know exactly why, but I think it might be due to how Huawei has setup the ramdisk. It's that or the rather heavily edited mount service is to blame.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest fonz93

On a totally different subject I've now added mass storage as a mounting option. It still loses the setting after a reboot though (which is the same behaviour as the stock Huawei ROM's) and I don't know exactly why, but I think it might be due to how Huawei has setup the ramdisk. It's that or the rather heavily edited mount service is to blame.

In init.qcom.sh in the ramdisk there is this line:

#USB persist config not set, select default configuration
        case $target in
            "msm7627a")
                setprop persist.sys.usb.config diag,serial_smd,serial_tty,rmnet_smd,mass_storage,adb
            ;;

Did you already try to delete mass_storage from this line?

Guest H3ROS

I'm pretty sure that I actually removed most stuff from that file and found that it still does it. I've not tried removing a specific thing though, so if you try that and then set a USB option you'll know if it's worked if it's the same option you selected to use after a reboot.

It's possible to set MTP as the default from "on boot" in the ramdisk. I'm not wanting for force an option though. I'd like for it to restore the last used option.

Guest fonz93

Did you delete mass_storage lines in init.usb too?(well, here is hard, as is full of those options)

Edited by fonz93

Guest H3ROS

Some of them I did, some of them I didn't. I compared it to the CM10 ramdisk since that does use some of them, yet it doesn't lose the mount setting.

Guest Gonzalox

I think the default MTP option only works after reboot into fast boot mode. (Huawei stock)

Edited by Gonzalox

Guest fonz93

I think the default MTP option only works after the reboot into fast boot mode. (Huawei stock)

That's because it isn't a "real reboot"

Guest H3ROS

I've pretty much gave up on it anyway. I don't care about MTP or PTP since they're slower and less compatible than UMS.

I can't edit the mount service much because Huawei has changed it to manage their partitions and how they emulate an SD card.

That's the point I tried to make to Zola before, but he was confident that I was wrong and that the tests people have done on it are imaginary.

By default the ROM uses 2048 KB since that's a good average for most SD cards, although it seems as though a small group of people have problems when the value is changed.

I agree to Zola regarding mmcblk0 (system's nand partitions) ... you shouldn't apply too high settings here, as it increases overhead a lot and decreases overall performance.

But increasing read_ahead_kb for external SDcards to 2048/3072 KB is fine though.

Guest H3ROS

That's the rc file, not the sh file.

I wouldn't worry about it too much anyway. If the stock ROM does it, which it does then I'm happy to leave it that way. It's not like the average person constantly reboots their phone and if they really need it to be set to MTP by default then that can be done by adding 1 line to the ramdisk.

@ moddingg33k

That's the thing though, he was talking about the SD card and not the system partitions. I don't apply any changes to the system partitions simply because there's no need to.

If you can't find the reason for your problem you are discussing I'll going to take a look at the kernel's USB gadget driver, because Huawei modified it quiet much. Maybe there is some reason for this described behavior.

For me it's really different. Android remembers the last setting I've been using. However sometimes when I plug my phone to my PC the internal/external cards are getting auto-mount and sometimes not. It's really random :D

Guest fonz93

For me it's really different. Android remembers the last setting I've been using

Also after a reboot? (not in fast reboot)

Edited by fonz93

Guest H3ROS

Try setting the setting from mass storage to MTP and then do a full reboot. You should find that it's set back to mass storage. I've tested it on a backup of my phones original ROM (B192).

The kernel can set MTP as the default by adding this line into init.rc:

on boot
# Set MTP as the default
    setprop persist.sys.usb.config mtp,adb

But like I've said, I want it to restore the last used setting rather than setting a forced mode.

Also after a reboot? (not in fast reboot)

Yes. But I've to admit that I've customized my build.prop and other things of my StockROM like some settings in the settings.db rolleyes.gif

Guest Romagnolo1973

i have ever known that  morelarger = more faster

not you confused?

yes yessss you are right, bigger is faster in general if the 2 use the same tecnology, My bad i wanna say this but my output was the opposite

There were ppl on XDA doing the same tests you just did. The result was the same: 3072 KB seems to be the "best" value for an Class 10 external SDcard cool.png

I know the xda test , I  try with our Y300 if there was some difference, and there is not. 3072 reach the peak but 2048 is the best in general condition

Guest fonz93

That's funny, after reading what moddingg33k said about database, i tried to disable the UMS at boot, in settings.db/secure there is an option: "mount_ums_autostart" and is already set to "0"... but the system still mounts UMS at boot

Guest ZolaIII

Very nice Romangalo how about you test random R/W performance?

Even I hate Andro bench for this purpose its good as you can set read ahead cache value for test to use in app (no rebooting or anything else required).

By the way I have a real best seller SD card a Samsungs UHS1 32 GB that is way better than San disc.

You know that in real usage from system side a little will be sequential & most random all do apps are initially aligned...

Guest sueboy

1. I made a partition change with the last update due to a suggestion from fonz93. ro.emmc.sdcard.partition=18 got changed to ro.emmc.sdcard.partition=19, but I've not checked what impact this has as a whole. I believe his own ROM has been using it and nobody reported any issues, so I used his suggestion. Maybe fonz93 can better explain the reason why it's changed.

2. You can't adjust the size of the partitions. You can link partitions, but it's not recommended to do it.

3. It depends on the number of background services you have running. Keep in mind that KitKat can run on devices with 512MB of RAM, but Jelly Bean has been squeezed on by OEM's. And we actually have less than 512MB of ram since over 100MB of it's given to the GPU. So the only way to boost things is by using zRAM or SWAP.

More on memory: http://www.modaco.com/topic/372741-rom-411-b200-aosp-mod/page-29#entry2217853

Thank you ~  Now I understand~

Maybe reinstall rom , or buy better sdcard.

Edited by sueboy

@H3ROS dude could u add a stock Android browser that supports Icognito Tab in the next update ???

Edited by Nomm

Guest matteussz_

@H3ROS dude could u add a stock Android browser that supports Icognito Tab in the next update ???

It supports incognito tab, just press menu button on the tabs screen.