[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest SH3H1

With that flashable fix now its even faster :O.... my sd card is class 4 so it helped alot.

So i'm not the only one with Class 4 :lol:

Guest Domino2115

I have 16GB class 10 and it takes a bit longer to open apps like facebook,fb messenger sometimes dialer than on stock b209 by fonz :/

@H3ROS dude whenever i use mass storage my alarm tune (which was selected from SD card) changes to default same thing happens with Facebook notification sound...what's wrong ???

Guest squal

Nice work! I'll give a try to SOLO... What about ATOM, have you ever tried it? It's light and elegant, full featured and free... in the past it had som lag issues, but now it's smooth....

how about Linpus launcher.

Guest H3ROS

it means its safe to flash..weather it lags or not...

Yea, it's safe either way.

@ dus40

But as I've previously explained, that makes no sense at all since this ROM fixes bugs found in all other stock based ROM's. It restores hardware acceleration back to AOSP and removes code that Huawei added, so as there's less hoops for processes to jump through they're going to work faster on this ROM. It even uses a faster set of animations by default (.75x) so that things still appear smooth yet they're displayed a little quicker.

Anyone who's said it's lagging I've asked to look at the CPU usage (dev options) and so far nobody has got back to me on what's a high process. So if there's no high usage processes then how is it lagging? I've made no changes that would ever effect loading times other than the SD card readahead tweak.

It's hard to fix problems when the mass majority don't have any issues. There's also a world of difference between 4x slower and someone else saying that there's no noticeable lags and that the ROM's close to perfection. So to address an issue such as this I need lots of info e.g. if the ROM's fine until you start installing apps, if you restored any data and if you did from which ROM was that data backed up from? Also how much memory was free when you noticed any lag?

@ rederik75

I think I mentioned one time before that a backup from a newer version of Android restored onto this could have issues. I'm glad that you're able to confirm that too.

@ Domino2115

Check your RAM usage and compare it between the two. The Huawei launcher likely uses less memory than Nova, so as you might just be a little low on memory Android will reclaim some so that it can open your apps. Facebook is a large one for sure.

I do plan on tweaking the minfree's again at some point. I'll likely make the tests public before including anything in an update, just so I know what work's best for everyone.

@ Nomm

Mass storage and connected to a PC or Laptop? If that's what you mean then it does that because Android will unmount the SD card, which makes the custom audio file unavailable. It should be available again once you unmount the SD card from your PC though.

If you use MTP then I believe Android can still access the SD card, but file transfers are slower.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest bazar90

Hey H3ros, thank you for this beautiful rom .. this smartphone will never be the same from now on ... I have read much of the discussion before to comment and it seems that it is not advisable to reinstall the app with titaniumbackup or to use data app if they have been generated with higher versions of Android ... as well as it seems that there is a value ​​of your script not good for SD class lower than 10... I advise you to write these notes in the second post to facilitate the resolution of problems that apparnetly afflict someone ... I tried this rom several times in the last month and I must say that since you are using the stock kernel the rom is much more stable and consumes less battery ... my heartfelt congratulations ... there is nothing better around this smartphone...

Guest Romagnolo1973

What do you mean Apex is too heavy? It's like the lightest launcher I've ever used, it uses only 15MB of RAM for me: http://puu.sh/ansKw.png

yes you are right, Apex use 15-25 mb ram, I have test the beta available on XDA and I'am' reading there are few problem with this test version,

The stable available via playstore is realy light and perfect for our Y300

@H3ROS: can you think use apex stable instead of nova as default launcher ? This choice can save 40 mb ram that are 11% of our available ram, not too bad. I know we can uninstall Nova and use Apex but a lot of user are not able to do this action, expecially with nova set as system app as in your rom they need knowledge that sometimes they have not.

Imho apex as user app in this rom (so is easy update via playstore and easy change it if someone like others) will be a great addiction, plus apex and nova are equal in terms of use and setting.

Guest H3ROS

@ bazar90

I'm going to try to improve the script for the SD card readahead, but if I can't get it to do what I'd like it to then I might just disable it by default. At least then it'll work for everyone right away.

The info about restoring data and apk's from a newer version of Android is probably something I should write about. Like I'm sure some apps work perfectly with restored data, but I know others won't.

@ Romagnolo1973

I'm currently looking at difference launchers. The problem I have with it though is that a lot of the launchers either try to advertise you other stuff e.g. a theme store or widgets. That or their animations aren't as smooth as Nova's. Like I know both Holo Launcher and Apex aren't as smooth as Nova, so that then comes down to memory vs. visual appearances.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest dus40

Yea, it's safe either way.

@ dus40

1. But as I've previously explained, that makes no sense at all since this ROM fixes bugs found in all other stock based ROM's. It restores hardware acceleration back to AOSP and removes code that Huawei added, so as there's less hoops for processes to jump through they're going to work faster on this ROM. It even uses a faster set of animations by default (.75x) so that things still appear smooth yet they're displayed a little quicker.

2. Anyone who's said it's lagging I've asked to look at the CPU usage (dev options) and so far nobody has got back to me on what's a high process. So if there's no high usage processes then how is it lagging? I've made no changes that would ever effect loading times other than the SD card readahead tweak.

3. It's hard to fix problems when the mass majority don't have any issues. There's also a world of difference between 4x slower and someone else saying that there's no noticeable lags and that the ROM's close to perfection. So to address an issue such as this I need lots of info e.g. if the ROM's fine until you start installing apps, if you restored any data and if you did from which ROM was that data backed up from? Also how much memory was free when you noticed any lag?

1. It makes no sense but it's surely what i see ! With same apps and data. I've got a class 4 sd card, so it's surely a source of lags. But your test_script.zip should correct this. It's better whith this script but not as good as other roms for me.

2. i made a response for high cpu process http://www.modaco.com/topic/372741-rom411b209-aosp-mod-22072014/page-20#entry2216685 (sd card always...)

3. I don't restore data but each time i install app from play store because i don't have much apps (browser, sms backup+, shazam,... about 15) and i allways want to have a clean install.

Since last install (yesterday), it seems to be better, but slowdowns are randomly so when maybe they'll come back i will make a video to show you what i'm talking about.

I would like to say it's not to bother you, it's just i would like to enjoy your rom as the other users are so happy with it ! I want to gratefully thank you for your work and your reactivity.

Guest H3ROS

mmcqd does suggest that it's the SD card, but like you said the script should fix that.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1038838

The solution at XDA seems to be to reformat the SD card. That or change it for another one. I'm not sure how that would help though since you say that older ROM's don't have the problem.

I want the ROM to work well everyone, so I'm just at a loss as to what could be the problem for you. Like if someone was to compare the ROM to fonz's repacked B209 they'd see that I've changed nothing with regards to the partitions or even how they're mounted. None of the stock apps really make use of the SD card either.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2448493

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2225836

The above posts suggest TRIM, which the ROM does at boot already. That would only boost performance though.

The only other thing I could think of is to wipe all partitions, install the ROM and then install the test_script file too. You can then reboot, input your Google info and reboot again a minute or two later.

Guest dus40

like i said, no lags for the moment (last install, i wipe all, format sd card, install rom and script test, reboot after google account). So i want to stay in this situation to be sure that nothing else cause lags.

Thanks again

Guest Romagnolo1973

@ Romagnolo1973

I'm currently looking at difference launchers. The problem I have with it though is that a lot of the launchers either try to advertise you other stuff e.g. a theme store or widgets. That or their animations aren't as smooth as Nova's. Like I know both Holo Launcher and Apex aren't as smooth as Nova, so that then comes down to memory vs. visual appearances.

ahh I know others are full of crapware, but Apex is like Nova, without garbage.

I' used to disable all animation in rom and in launcher too so in my case the 2 launcher are absulutly the same.

Guest H3ROS

Yeah, if you disable all animations then they'd be about the same but out of the two Apex would use less memory. If you don't do that though then Nova is noticeably more fluid (move left to right on then homescreen) than Apex, which is a problem because some people will prefer the smoothness of Nova.

I tested the Apex beta and found that to be a little buggy for me. It used 17MB of RAM though where as Nova uses just 4MB more for me. So is that really worth changing when someone could just install the Synopsis kernel and use 50MB zRAM? Keeping in mind that I'm also going to try to adjust the minfree's again soon.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

It's normally Google Play Services to be the cause and it's normally fixed by disabling every GPS option that you can find. Google really need to fix that mess.

Guest matteussz_

Nova would be great if it supported gestures in the free version, what Apex does (you just need the paid version for two-finger gestures).

Guest H3ROS

1013 = media server

Do you got lots of pictures, videos or music on your SD card? Also have you activated Viper or changed it's driver from power saver?

I guess for now I'd suggest to reboot and to see if it does it again.

@ matteussz_
I kind of got Nova Prime for free. I used Google Opinion Rewards for a while and then had enough to buy it.

G.O.R is only good in some countires. Sometimes there's not a lot of surveys to do so it's hard to gain credit.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest SH3H1

I see alot of talk about cards, but how can i check if my card is class 10 or 4 or any other?

That might be written on you card :huh: ?