[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest demez

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, I've tried this rom every time you update it, perform all wipes, format internal sd. Phone itself is pretty smooth despite using a lot of ram at idle after installing my apps (about 15) ~300mb at all times in use, but apps take forever to load and hang for a while. I tried the test script and the phone seemed snappier but all my apps still lag quite a bit. Not sure if my sd card is just too big for this phone to handle properly (32gb class 10) but I don't have these problems on CM10.1 or SlimKat which I'm currently using.

Edited by demez

Guest xxirioxx

I'm using a Kingston 32GB class 10 SD card and I have no problems.

As I said a lot of times, I think task killer values need to be changed for this phone because it hasn't got a big RAM.

H3ROS prefers Android default values that leave only 44MB of free RAM, in my phone I changed them in order to have 75MB of free RAM.

Difference from H3ROS values and mine:

- H3ROS: more multitasking, less performance

- xxirioxx: more performance, less multitasking (e.g. if you open facebook, then swith to another app, probably facebook app will be closed immediately)

My values are: (6 - 12 - 16 - 56 - 65 - 75) MB

Edited by xxirioxx

Guest Romagnolo1973

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, I've tried this rom every time you update it, perform all wipes, format internal sd. Phone itself is pretty smooth despite using a lot of ram at idle after installing my apps (about 15) ~300mb at all times in use, but apps take forever to load and hang for a while. I tried the test script and the phone seemed snappier but all my apps still lag quite a bit. Not sure if my sd card is just too big for this phone to handle properly (32gb class 10) but I don't have these problems on CM10.1 or SlimKat which I'm currently using.

I don't remember CM 10.1 but for sure Slimkat use 1gb internal memory as default, thats why your app seems faster compared to stay in SD as AOSP setting. 

@H3ROS can you even think at the possibility of use internal storage as default, this will prevent all the isue some users have.

The real problem is if someone wanna use large files (basically games) and if there is an app free that can easy move this huge file to sd with no issue.

I want investigate more if link2sd can be a possibility. The default "move to sd" present in Application is not good for this job

Guest luca020400

Cm 10.1 and based use by default internal sd for apps and small games and external sd for big games like temple run

Edited by luca020400

Guest Tommy21

Update6 has broken google keyboard, i can't write normally with it.

When i enter a letter i automatically get two same letters, or everything gets deleted.

Before updating i didn't have any problems, now i installed swiftkey kb, but i like to use stock kb.

Edited by Tommy21

Guest Vule991

Cm 10.1 and based use by default internal sd for apps and small games and external sd for big games like temple run

How to make internal sd card for apps and external SD card for each other (games like a real racing 2)?

Guest mfire

the best rom ever, i love this phone cos of it, one month ago i want to throw it... :-)

lag?

what's that?? :-D

only problem is facebook app, when installed, phone just, it's not that good but I don't mind that, boat browser is No.1 for browsing and for facebook! ;-)

whatever, this is the best rom for this device and BIG THANK U,

cheers!!!

Guest demez

I'm using a Kingston 32GB class 10 SD card and I have no problems.

As I said a lot of times, I think task killer values need to be changed for this phone because it hasn't got a big RAM.

H3ROS prefers Android default values that leave only 44MB of free RAM, in my phone I changed them in order to have 75MB of free RAM.

Difference from H3ROS values and mine:

- H3ROS: more multitasking, less performance

- xxirioxx: more performance, less multitasking (e.g. if you open facebook, then swith to another app, probably facebook app will be closed immediately)

My values are: (6 - 12 - 16 - 56 - 65 - 75) MB

I'd rather more performance and less multitasking. This phone isn't capable of handling multitasking, I always close an app before opening another one or the phone bogs down too much. How do I go about changing the values?

Guest H3ROS

@ demez

I think this can change the minfree's.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2401988

I did originally change the minfree's but people complained so I reverted back to stock values. I plan on changing them again though as I've mentioned a few posts back.

@ Romagnolo1973

By default it's on auto, meaning it'll use Androids default behaviour. Only apps that support being moved to the SD card can be moved and by default all apps will be installed to the internal memory. It's only large games that are installed to the external storage.

The internal 1GB is very limiting. Like I wouldn't want to default to that because a lot of people would prefer to have the ability to install a lot of apps, which you're not going to be able to do with 1GB. Especially if you're trying to fit games on it. So I'd recommend that you try to use Link2SD to move specific apps to that partition.

@ Tommy21

I can only think of one reason that'd happen. Basically Google released an update for the keyboard after I released update 6 (which contains the Google Keyboard as of update 4), so if you've installed the update from the Play Store before installing update 6 then it's rolled back the keyboard apk. If you could backup the ROM and start from fresh could you let me know if that works?

These kind of issues are why most dev's don't bother providing updates and instead recommend a full reinstall.

Edited by H3ROS

@HEROS dude now after using mass storage even the default android tunes tend to change..i select Facebook pop sound and after unmounting sd card the tone changes to Whistle by itself  :blink:

Guest H3ROS

I've not tested Facebook since I don't use it, but for the alarm and custom ringtones that mount path works for me. I can't really do much more than that since it's an official Android bug, which probably got fixed in a newer version (4.2+) but I can't find the fix because someone changed the status of the ticket to "WrongForum".

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=13413

There's a few different suggestions in the comments.

The most fool proof way would be to copy what you want onto the system partition. There's plenty of space left.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

In ES File Explorer press / and then go to /system/media/audio.

You might need to give it root and set it to read and write, if you haven't already.

Guest H3ROS

If it does it when you try to expand it then delete it and re-create it. That should stop the force close.

I'll be posting an update eventually that'll stop the clock from force closing when this media issue occurs.

If it does it when you try to expand it then delete it and re-create it. That should stop the force close.

I'll be posting an update eventually that'll stop the clock from force closing when this media issue occurs.

Oki Thanks alot H3ROS bro plz do include the auto brightness tweaks too in the next planned upgrade... :wub:

Guest H3ROS

If you're in daylight then they're off since they don't need to be on (waste of battery). If you're in a dull or dark room though then they should be on.

Nobody else has reported any issue with the navigation lights. I've not changed any code related to them at all either.

Guest Han-Droid

thanks... I see... it seems my phone is working so  hard, it has barely time for switching on the lights...the.kinda....flick, flashen up..

on the other other hand i realize massive lags when starting apps....strange....

i cannot help but i guess this shitty sdcard0 and sdcard1 are f*cking up everything...just  a hunch...

update:

I am pretty sure the massive lags are produced by the sd0 sd1 mix-up....and my sd-card seems to be a little slow.

Now, as a result I have to leave this rom....I was really hoping for improvement but opening facebook takes ages...other apps too...my wife would kill me *g*

Maybe someone has a hint for me.....for now I am out.....unfortunately... :-(.....

Edited by Han-Droid