[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest CreasingMass

Hi, is it normal to have Google Play Services active like that? It keeps my phone awake a lot of time.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-05-30-08-09-05.pngattachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-05-30-08-09-11.pngattachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-05-30-08-09-17.pngattachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-05-30-08-09-23.png

Yes, i'ts normal, as in your second screenshot it shows only 2 more minutes of awake time than screen-on time, so there's no wakelock at all in there.

Guest evkol

Yes, i'ts normal, as in your second screenshot it shows only 2 more minutes of awake time than screen-on time, so there's no wakelock at all in there.

So you got too the "Event Log Service" and "GCM_CONN_ALARM" on top of your list?

Those two look like they are up so much time. :wacko:

Guest CreasingMass

So you got too the "Event Log Service" and "GCM_CONN_ALARM" on top of your list?

Those two look like they are up so much time. :wacko:

Mine is even worse, cuz a have a lot of apps running in background and like 3 Google accounts syncing

post-1030464-14329702960451_thumb.png

Guest evkol

Mine is even worse, cuz a have a lot of apps running in background and like 3 Google accounts syncing

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-05-30-02-15-57.png

I got 0 Google Accounts syncing, but I got Telegram, Dropbox and Whatsapp syncing contacts.

The thing is, you got hundreds of calls to those routines (or whatever those are), and you got lower measurements in time (I got 1h48m of Event Log Service with only x16 calls, for example. the same applies to the next in the list). My stats are from 8 hours of battery data, apparently (at least in wakelock detector), while your data comes from more time, also. I'm not sure yet that my situation is normal :( but thanks for your time!

Guest dkr84

You could download GAPPS for 4.1.x and look at what libs are included. Remove them and then open up GooglePlayServices.apk and remove the libs listed there too. You can then also remove the correct APK's so that you're totally GAPPS free.

Keep in mind that when you remove GAPPS it'll break push notifications.

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

If you install the above GAPPS version over the stock version then it'll probably cause issues, so only use the files as a reference.

Thanks H3ROS

Guest Hamed033

How do i switch my SD to be my internal?

You dont have to,the SD card is selected as primary by default.( I think there is an option Settings>Storage to change that)

I'm so disappointed from this rom.

I installed it some weeks ago but two days later it start to lag a lot (Nova Launcher in particular).

The ram was always full (I only used play services, whatsapp and greenify in backgroud).

Guest clickmeplz

@H3ROS, The rom is so great. Actually, it is the best custom rom for my device. The only thing is about battery drain. It is a little more than usual.

Edited by clickmeplz

Guest Flea997

I installed it some weeks ago but two days later it start to lag a lot (Nova Launcher in particular).

The ram was always full (I only used play services, whatsapp and greenify in backgroud).

You are the only one

Guest killadroid

.it doesn't get smoother than this

Edited by killadroid

Guest xxirioxx

This is the best ROM for this device. You didn't describe your problems clearly.

There could be a lot of reasons if your phone starts to lag, e.g. a new application or malfunctioning app is installed. Usually a reboot solves al problems :D

Our device has only 512MB RAM and around 100MB is reserved for GUI. RAM full is not a problem, I suggest you to read about Android memory management to see how it works :)

As @flea997 said, your the only one to say this rom is not good :D

@H3ROS, The rom is so great. Actually, it is the best custom rom for my device. The only thing is about battery drain. It is a little more than usual.

Battery drain is due to Google Play Services, it's not H3ROS fault :)

You have 3 ways to solve:

1) Uninstall Google Play Services (but you will lost a lot of features such as push notifications)

2) Disable some service of Google Play Services, but be careful because you can face many stability problems

3) Buy the full version of greenify (around 2-3 euros) and greenify it. I think this is the best solution: fast and simple and you won't have nightmares in the night :D

I re-try to install the rom. I have followed a guide and I have disable and uninstall some system apps like as

-Google partner setup

-Market feedback agent

-Google backup transport

-Viper4droid

-I replace stock gallery with Quickpic

And other application...

P.s. I have already installed Greenify donation

Guest dkr84

I completely got rid of Google in my phone. Before flashing it. I don't need push notifications that much. I can check things myself. I think it's worth it considering the fact that I have more free ram, battery lasts longer and there are plenty of alternatives and very good open source apps:

• Play Store - Aptoide, F- Droid ets
  • Gmail - K9, some other email client..
  • Youtube - TubeMate
  • Google Keep - Omni notes
  • LatinIme - Any Soft Keyboard
  • Greenify - Servicely for free and I can say, after days of testing it, it saves the battery as much as Greenify (now I have 4 hours on screen time with 1 hour WiFi without a problem - G510)
  • Deep Sleep Battery Saver (Xposed) - saves the battery when phone sleeps, now I use my phone 2 days without a problem
  • Smart Q Reader for pdf files - the best rendering and the fastest pdf reader I've come across
  • Screen Filter (Xposed) - for keeping your eyes in the dark
  • Import contacts and Export contacs apps that I downloaded from F - Droid for saving contacts
  • AntennaPod - podcast service
  • Diode - Reddit 
  • Fora Dictionary Pro - for offline lookup
  • Mp3 Video Converter
  • Opera mini etc...

This is the best ROM for this device. Optimize your apps and you'll find the performance not declining for very long time and stop looking at your RAM. Just reboot once in a while

Edited by dkr84

Guest fonz93

Keep an eye on screen filter, the performances (both UI smoothness and gaming) are lowered after installing it, i am sure 100%

Guest dkr84

Keep an eye on screen filter, the performances (both UI smoothness and gaming) are lowered after installing it, i am sure 100%

Thanks for the advice. I'll remove it.

Guest Xelab

Can I install this ROM if I'm rooted but don't have the bootloader unlocked?

Also after a hard reset my phone randomly acts like if I pushed back at many apps. It doesn't seem like a phantomkeypress because I edited the keyboard files so there's no longer a key linked to BACK and it keeps happening. Would a ROM help with this problem?

Edited by Xelab

Guest Flea997

I completely got rid of Google in my phone. Before flashing it. I don't need push notifications that much. I can check things myself. I think it's worth it considering the fact that I have more free ram, battery lasts longer and there are plenty of alternatives and very good open source apps:

• Play Store - Aptoide, F- Droid ets
  • Gmail - K9, some other email client..
  • Youtube - TubeMate
  • Google Keep - Omni notes
  • LatinIme - Any Soft Keyboard
  • Greenify - Servicely for free and I can say, after days of testing it, it saves the battery as much as Greenify (now I have 4 hours on screen time with 1 hour WiFi without a problem - G510)
  • Deep Sleep Battery Saver (Xposed) - saves the battery when phone sleeps, now I use my phone 2 days without a problem
  • Smart Q Reader for pdf files - the best rendering and the fastest pdf reader I've come across
  • Screen Filter (Xposed) - for keeping your eyes in the dark
  • Import contacts and Export contacs apps that I downloaded from F - Droid for saving contacts
  • AntennaPod - podcast service
  • Diode - Reddit
  • Fora Dictionary Pro - for offline lookup
  • Mp3 Video Converter
  • Opera mini etc...

This is the best ROM for this device. Optimize your apps and you'll find the performance not declining for very long time and stop looking at your RAM. Just reboot once in a while

Mmm, how many hours with display on you can do?

Guest farfix

Can I install this ROM if I'm rooted but don't have the bootloader unlocked?

Also after a hard reset my phone randomly acts like if I pushed back at many apps. It doesn't seem like a phantomkeypress because I edited the keyboard files so there's no longer a key linked to BACK and it keeps happening. Would a ROM help with this problem?

NO. You need to unlock bootloader to get a custom recovery and then you can flash roms (look for that in Google, this isn't the place to explain that).

In my experience with this ROM, using cexstel (0.61) I got a better performance in general :)

(and no, I don't use bluetooth headset)

Guest dkr84

Mmm, how many hours with display on you can do?

4 hours. I think it's best for g510. It cannot be better than this, and i'm not playing games..

Edited by dkr84

Guest Flea997

4 hours. I think it's best for g510. It cannot be better than this, and i'm not playing games..

With y300 i can easily get 5+ hours with all google stuffs

Guest dkr84

With y300 i can easily get 5+ hours with all google stuffs

A couple of inches bigger screen and battery is much worse. You also have better battery if i recall..