[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest fabyo

When you say other apps can you specify what apps? With the stock kernel I'm able to open and send email, chat via sms, view images in the gallery and even browse this website via the browser.

Playing games while listening to the radio isn't possible. The game requesting to output audio should turn off the radio much like it does for the YouTube app. It does that because it can't output both audio channels at the same time. It also does it because the CPU needs to do other stuff, which could cause audio distortion.

why i can play games and listen music with shuttle without problem?

Guest H3ROS

The radio has to do a lot more. It's a seperate thing that handles frequencies and it uses more power than any built in audio player.

If you use Shuttle while playing a game then that will impact the games performance on some level. It could be a few less frames or longer load times as Shuttles reading the audio file from your SD card.

Guest coavasic96

@H3ROS

sorry for off topic, I replaced my Huawei Y300 with G700, he have mediatek chipset and there is no any custom rom like Cm, slimkat, carbon. But it's possible to convert g700 rom (4.2 EMUI 1.6) to AOSP 4.2 rom? Is it hard work? 

sorry for bad english

Guest H3ROS

The G700 has TWRP for recovery, right? So you could create a backup easily if something went wrong?

If it has TWRP then an AOSP type mod would be possible, but it's not something I could do without the phone. You'd likely need some donor files from another mediatek phone running the same version of Android. Some work will then needs to be done to get it all running well, especially for things such as the dialer.

Guest fonz93

Add the following line to the end of the 01extra init.d script

setprop persist.sys.usb.config mtp,adb

I tried this but it gave me a very strange problem, wi-fi stopped to, cust folder was not recognized anymore (wrong network provider names), lost root access and other problems that i don't remember.. i tried this 2 times and flashing the normal 01extra didn't fix problems, i had to restore backup 2 times, this happens with both synopsis kernel and b200 stock kernel, there is another way to set mtp persistent?

Guest fonz93

http://www.modaco.com/topic/372741-rom-411-b200-aosp-mod/page-21#entry2216724

It'll work from init.qcom.post_boot.sh :)

I'm in the process of uploading a new version of the ROM.

Understood, sorry, i thought was a solution for kernels without init.d support.

Anyway, will be possible update as always from a previous version of the ROM?

Edit: your solution doesn't work, it is still asking me for UMS

Edited by fonz93

Guest H3ROS

Understood, sorry, i thought was a solution for kernels without init.d support.

Anyway, will be possible the update as always from a previous version of the ROM?

Edit: your solution doesn't work, it is still asking me for UMS

The update and ROM is now live. The changelog as always is in the first post.

For me setting that line at the end of init.qcom.post_boot.sh does default it to MTP. I'm using the stock kernel remember.

post-954400-0-55748800-1405187821_thumb.

Guest fonz93

The update and ROM is now live. The changelog as always is in the first post.

For me setting that line at the end of init.qcom.post_boot.sh does default it to MTP. I'm using the stock kernel remember.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-07-12-18-49-281.png

Yes, it sets it, but it doesn't work as it is still asking for usb mass storage

Guest H3ROS

For me it actually uses it. Windows installed a driver for it and displays it as a portable media player. I had to remove the line and reboot the phone to get it back to USB.

Guest fonz93

For me it actually uses it. Windows installed a driver for it and displays it as a portable media player. I had to remove the line and reboot the phone to get it back to USB.

Do you use Huawei Handset drivers?

Guest H3ROS

I don't think I've installed any since I've always used USB mode. My Windows is setup to download and install any drivers if they don't exist on my PC.

Edit: The drivers wouldn't come from the ROM either since they've been removed from the ROM. I don't think CM has the drivers packaged either.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest fonz93

Edit: The drivers wouldn't come from the ROM either since they've been removed from the ROM. I don't think CM has the drivers packaged either.

I know, but i installed them a long time ago just to be sure that they work properly (but seems that are useless)

Edited by fonz93

Guest H3ROS

I cant open facebook app, what the hell it never happend on any else rom but just with your aosp :/

Multiple people use Facebook on this ROM and it works for them. I can't verify it myself as I don't use Facebook.

Guest Domino2115

Multiple people use Facebook on this ROM and it works for them. I can't verify it myself as I don't use Facebook.

Finally it opened, but i dont know why but everything opens slower than on stock b171 :/

Guest H3ROS

I'd start fresh and wipe all partitions. Make sure your recovery is up to date too.

This should be the fastest ROM when it comes to games, load times etc. so something is very wrong for your setup.