[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

That might be why.

Installation:
- Wipe everything but your SD card
- Install the ROM and reboot
- Input your Google settings and reboot (required for newer versions of Google Play Services to work correctly)
- Enjoy

If you restored any data with Titanium Backup then you must only restore the data and not the data + apk.

Guest juanpablocastillo

@H3ROS: This is some stupid from my part but the instructions are bad writed.

-Wipe everything but your SD card.

But is:

-Wipe everything except your SD card.

Guest H3ROS

It depends on your language and where you're from I guess. Everything but your SD card could be written as everything except your SD card or everything apart from your SD card. I'll change it so that it's easier for more people to understand :)

Edited by H3ROS

Guest TheHighDroid

I've made a clean install, wiping data, cache, dalvik, system and cust, rebooting my phone after google access.

Well, my g510 had never been more slow, laggy and unusable than now. Did I miss something?

Guest fonz93

witch kind of drivers Viper uses? powersave normal or performance?

If i remember good, H3ROS said that by default he added the powersave driver

Guest matteussz_

Try disabling frandom in /system/etc/init.d/01extra, I was experiencing problems with it enabled, but I commented out those lines and now it's working properly without lags or anything.

Guest fonz93

Try disabling frandom in /system/etc/init.d/01extra, I was experiencing problems with it enabled, but I commented out those lines and now it's working properly without lags or anything.

If you use Stock B200 kernel (the one included in the ROM) frandom i think is disabled, if you use synopsis kernel, frandom is enabled by default in the ramdisk

Guest H3ROS

i flash update 4 and when i go to setting>language and it got setting force close

That's working here. Did you restore any data or install any other keyboard?

@ dinotre

Fonz is right. By default it'll use powersave.

@ TheHighDroid

This ROM's built from an official G510 ROM, so it should perform great for you.

Do you have a slow SD card (class 2, 4 or 6) or do you have a lot of media files on your SD card? It's just that the SD card read ahead setting is tweaked and if you've got a lot of files on your SD card then it'll take a while for the media scanner to index everything.

@ luca020400

There are no bugs and it's not slow. It's rock solid stable since this is based on a stock ROM.

You've come in here, said that there's issues with my ROM and then advertised your own. You didn't say what bugs there are and you probably can't since this is the most bug free ROM for the Y300/G510. It even has bugs fixed that are found in the stock ROM's.

@ fonz93

Correct. I left it there for compatibility reasons. frandom should actually speed things up rather than slow things down. It's known to improve UI responsiveness.

@ SH3H1

I've never changed my baseband, but I think any version should work.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest matteussz_
@ fonz93

Correct. I left it there for compatibility reasons. frandom should actually speed things up rather than slow things down. It's known to improve UI responsiveness.

Then maybe it's placebo, but if I uncomment those, I feel like it's a bit slower, less responsive.

Guest TheHighDroid

Actually i have a 16gb class 10 external sd card, with about 6gb accupied.

I'll try to format internal sd and let you know, i installed this rom just for stability. :/

Edited by TheHighDroid

Guest H3ROS

@ matteussz_

The SD card tweak I could understand since different classes will have different results, but frandom with the stock kernel wouldn't do anything as it'll first perform a check to see if frandoms supported.

In Android the entropy pool can end up depleted after a while, which causes noticable UI lag. Frandom is much faster and it doesn't ever empty the entropy pool, so the UI is always smooth. There's probably a few threads about the issue at XDA.

@ TheHighDroid

I guess you didn't mean to press post yet? :)

Guest H3ROS

That's about the same as what I've got, although I've only got a little space left. So if you re-install the ROM or something just check the option to show the CPU usage under developer options.

One guy had an issue before where he used ClockworkMod instead of the latest version of TWRP and he had some speed issues. He switched to TWRP and performed all of the wipes (including the internal SD) and then everything worked fine for him.

Guest Tommy21

post-1016509-14052689701596_thumb.jpg

Is it possible to have widget buttons sorted like this,like in 4.2 roms?

Any xposed module that can change it?

Edited by Tommy21

In Android the entropy pool can end up depleted after a while, which causes noticable UI lag. Frandom is much faster and it doesn't ever empty the entropy pool, so the UI is always smooth. There's probably a few threads about the issue at XDA.

I've been observing Android's entropy pool for a while and found a kernel patch, which keeps the entropy pool filled up @ 4096 most of the time (if using Frandom): https://github.com/moddingg33k/android_kernel_synopsis/commit/b377690bce6b35fcfe66af2d618ecfe3da371cd6

Edited by Guest

Guest H3ROS

B199 baseband is for some testing purpose,sir!

Would be glad to have it :)

Nothing special though.., !!

I'll see if I can get it. Remember that B199 is from a German provider so it'll use the EU baseband.

Baseband from B199: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzpRBylyuvsXYWxCVkdwM2UxbTA

It's 100% untested and I take no responsibility if it breaks anything.

@ Tommy21

There isn't. There's ways to modify it to fake that layout, but it doesn't function as well as the real menu. I did mention a few days ago though that I'd take a look into backporting the 4.2 notification menu. It really depends on how many changes there are as well as how spread out them changes are e.g. are there any changes to the framework, framework-res, settings etc.

@ moddingg33k

Yep, I've seen that. It's a good patch, although it's still slower than using frandom and erandom. You can benchmark them in a terminal:

time head -c 10m /dev/random > /dev/null
time head -c 10m /dev/urandom > /dev/null
Edited by H3ROS