[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest Romagnolo1973

Can't download google kb from play store, it is not available in my country.

Probably is  not the last version but I think will be updated via playstore if is not (Google KB is the first app I uninstall using others solutions)

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/03/19/google-keyboard-updated-to-v3-0-with-personalized-suggestions-and-debug-menu-tweaks/

Guest demez

I've noticed this rom has this one annoying issue that I find most stock roms have and I'm not sure if it's rom related or touch screen related, but when my phone is locked and I slide to unlock, even if it's clearly over the unlocked part, at least 7-8/10 times it'll load the camera instead. Is there a way to maybe modify the slider screen?

I'm using a Kingston 32GB class 10 SD card and I have no problems.

As I said a lot of times, I think task killer values need to be changed for this phone because it hasn't got a big RAM.

H3ROS prefers Android default values that leave only 44MB of free RAM, in my phone I changed them in order to have 75MB of free RAM.

Difference from H3ROS values and mine:

- H3ROS: more multitasking, less performance

- xxirioxx: more performance, less multitasking (e.g. if you open facebook, then swith to another app, probably facebook app will be closed immediately)

My values are: (6 - 12 - 16 - 56 - 65 - 75) MB

Huge difference since installing performance control and modifying my values. A bit of delay when loading apps for the 1st time, but since then everything is much more responsive. Did you change the governor as well or just the values?

Guest xxirioxx

I've noticed this rom has this one annoying issue that I find most stock roms have and I'm not sure if it's rom related or touch screen related, but when my phone is locked and I slide to unlock, even if it's clearly over the unlocked part, at least 7-8/10 times it'll load the camera instead. Is there a way to maybe modify the slider screen?

Huge difference since installing performance control and modifying my values. A bit of delay when loading apps for the 1st time, but since then everything is much more responsive. Did you change the governor as well or just the values?

I use screenlock with sequence... So I can't help you with this problem.

I only changed minfree values and set minimum frequency to 196MHz, governor is "ondemand" and IO is "cfq" (default values).

Guest SH3H1

The only launcher which doesn't lag or stutter even with heavy load is "Zeam Launcher" :wub:

I really love it it's the fastest one yet !!

While using it I feel a lot of features missing from modern launchers !! Yeah...it's an old launcher , I know !!

By then I came to an idea why don't update it and and create a mode version of it? Sadly don't have enough knowledge !

So i ask any skilled one...wish to be in? :D

There are several mod apps of it...but yeah,fonz93,Sysx40,H3ROS could bring a new stage of that app... :)

Just a thought though...,only if you wish.. ;)

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS

Would it be possible to change the design of the PIN Lockscreen to the design of Android 4.2+? Or maybe to the design of the SIM Lockscreen.

Imo the design of the PIN Lockscreen is very ugly and actually this is preventing me from using it. :D

It's just an idea though I guess it's pretty hard because you can only edit the smali code and I don't know if changing some resources would be enough.

Another cool thing would be quick unlock but again that's probably too hard to implement. 

Guest H3ROS

Doesn't the 4.2 lockscreen have transparent digits? I wouldn't know as I've always used a pattern. Either way I probably wouldn't do this as an update, but if I could theme it and package it as an addon then I would.

I'm currently testing some minfree values. It's hard to determine if they help much though because for my setup the stock values work fine. I don't use many large apps though.

Guest Romagnolo1973

me too,

I have slim a bit your AOSP uninstalling some useless things as smile unlock and so on and my min free is 240 mb  :D

probably if users instead of FB (horrible app) use Fast for FaceBook, 99% of ram problems would be solved

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS

Doesn't the 4.2 lockscreen have transparent digits? I wouldn't know as I've always used a pattern. Either way I probably wouldn't do this as an update, but if I could theme it and package it as an addon then I would.

This is what I thought of: 

http://winsupersite.com/site-files/winsupersite.com/files/uploads/2012/11/jellybean42-lock.jpg

Guest ChaosKid42

Hi H3ROS,

just a quick suggestion from me:

Why don't you include the newest version of the calculator app in your ROM? Here you can find it. It seems to be the version CM11 uses with all the new features:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android2.calculator3

I just took the apk from the play store and used it to replace the Calculator.apk in the system partition. To me it seems to work flawlessly.

Guest ZolaIII

This suppose to be as much as possible ASOP like, simple & clean!

If you really like to try good scientific calculator with good plotter try Arity.

Open sourced & old school writen; small, functional & with out unnecessary stupid things. It will hardly ever be an better written calculator app (code vise) & probably one of best ever written Android apps.

Guest ChaosKid42

This supposed to be as much as possible ASOP like, simple & clean!

If you really like to try good scientific calculator with good plotter try Arity.

Open sourced & old school writen; small, functional & with out unnecessary stupid things. It will hardly ever be an better written calculator app (code vise) & probably one of best ever written Android apps.

Just thought this would be cool because it looks the same as the original calculator but with more features. Other apps are updated, too. But nevermind. I already integrated it on my own.

You are right abot Arity. It is unbelievably small for all the features it has got. Thank you for pointing me at it.

Guest H3ROS

I already asked but he removed the new calculator app ( take from cm10 )

I've done the Calculator a little better. It looks like stock, but it has settings.

I wouldn't include that calculator from the Play Store for one reason, that being that it has full internet access. Since when would a calculator need that? The source is there though so I could compile it myself if I wanted, but then I have to fix any bugs and strip out theme support.

Guest ChaosKid42

I've done the Calculator a little better. It looks like stock, but it has settings.

I wouldn't include that calculator from the Play Store for one reason, that being that it has full internet access. Since when would a calculator need that? The source is there though so I could compile it myself if I wanted, but then I have to fix any bugs and strip out theme support.

I see your point. Maybe I'll try to do it myself...

Guest demez

Is there a simple way to disable the camera shutter sound without having to install a 3rd party app or edit the file names? I know some other roms offer the option under settings -> sounds.

Guest H3ROS

I was able to add an option for the screenshot sound, but it can't be done for the camera because if someone installs a different camera app then it'll start using the sound again. So I wouldn't want to add the option to the system settings for just one camera as I'll probably get false bug reports due to it.

The easiest way to disable the camera sound for everything is to just rename the file.

Guest demez

Editing the line using build.prop did the trick. Thanks a lot.

I seem to be having an issue though with my ringtone/notification tone. I keep them on the internal storage cause in the past when I had them on the sd any time I would mount/unmount the usb storage it would set them to default afterwards but with this rom it seems to be doing the same thing even though I have them on the internal storage and not sd card.

Guest demez

That 1gb of space I believe, I don't know, when I attach my phone to my PC, there's 2 storages that pop up, my sd card and the phone one. I drop the files on the phone one so my notifications don't unmount when the sd card is being mounted and unmounted but they do anyways. They actually don't even show up when I go to settings to change the tones back, I have to use ES to locate the files on my phone and set them as defaults. So do I change the partition to 18? If so, how do I do that?