[RECOVERY] TWRP 3.0.2-0 for Cube iWork8 Ultimate & iWork8 Air

Guest KonstaT

Guest Zakmak

Okay i am finish with the download.. it tooks about 16 hours ,... damn what a pain...

i will upload now the firmware , is mega okay for you ? i think is it a nice fast hoster

edit_ it will take about 2-3 hours to upload.

Edited by Zakmak
upload

Guest KonstaT
22 minutes ago, Zakmak said:

Okay i am finish with the download.. it tooks about 16 hours ,... damn what a pain...

i will upload now the firmware , is mega okay for you ? i think is it a nice fast hoster

edit_ it will take about 2-3 hours to upload.

Mega is fine but I don't want to download ~8gb from there either. At least unpack the firmware first so I can downloads individual files (or upload just boot.img and system.img).

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Zakmak

nice! 

thanks so i wil be rooting my device soon and waiting for the cm 12 :)

i am looking forward to it.

edit: okay now everything working smooth.

Edited by Zakmak
finaly working

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DonCube

I deleted android partitions before and extended win10, now i have no clue how i can get android only, i wanted to use win only and android apps through DuOS but it wasn´t good and i realized since i have licences on android it´s better to stay android only on such a small device.

- how to i get twrp on my windows only cube iwork8 air :D ?

Guest KonstaT
18 hours ago, DonCube said:

I deleted android partitions before and extended win10, now i have no clue how i can get android only, i wanted to use win only and android apps through DuOS but it wasn´t good and i realized since i have licences on android it´s better to stay android only on such a small device.

- how to i get twrp on my windows only cube iwork8 air :D ?

I'm not interested in messing with the partition table so I don't know. Do the opposite what you did to remove the partitions in the first place? You could try restoring stock firmware and starting from scratch. http://techtablets.com/2016/01/cube-iwork8-ultimate-gets-dual-boot-files-and-how-too/

Edited by KonstaT

• 1 month later...
Guest seafood169
On 5/31/2016 at 11:57 PM, KonstaT said:

recovery-stock-I1-TF_V1.0_20160527.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24659325368664667
md5:04889251f69a2ece6f5d0eaab3c82677

Sources:

Like my work?

Hi ,  I've tried to flash the stock recovery (1-TF) by TWRP.  However, it can't access to the Stock Recovery mode.  It only showed a robot with Triangle &  an exclamation mark.  Is there anything wrong ?

Edited by seafood169

Hi,

First of all, thank you for your efforts so far.

I have an iWork8 Air I1-TF tablet and it is now successfully rooted, thanks to you. What I'd need now is to install the Xposed module: I've tried this versions here http://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/sdk22/x86/  but I can't pass the boot phase: it stucks forever and I'm force to uninstall Xposed and give up.

I can actually install the very same version of Xposed If i flash your Cyanogenmod, first. Unfortunately, to keep using some apps, I'd need the original stock rom: have you any idea why Xposed fails to install properly on the stock rom?

Thank you

Edited by Ric_82

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, Ric_82 said:

Hi,

First of all, thank you for your efforts so far.

I have an iWork8 Air I1-TF tablet and it is now successfully rooted, thanks to you. What I'd need now is to install the Xposed module: I've tried this versions here http://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/sdk22/x86/  but I can't pass the boot phase: it stucks forever and I'm force to uninstall Xposed and give up.

I can actually install the very same version of Xposed If i flash your Cyanogenmod, first. Unfortunately, to keep using some apps, I'd need the original stock rom: have you any idea why Xposed fails to install properly on the stock rom?

Thank you

Which apps don't work with CM12.1?

AFAIK ART in Xposed Framework is built against CyanogenMod. There's could be some Intel specific modifications in the stock ROM and this is why it's not working. Get a logcat and post it to the Xposed Framework developer.

5 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Which apps don't work with CM12.1?

AFAIK ART in Xposed Framework is built against CyanogenMod. There's could be some Intel specific modifications in the stock ROM and this is why it's not working. Get a logcat and post it to the Xposed Framework developer.

This one app, TimVision (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.telecomitalia.cubovision) can't work on rooted devices.

The app itself is working but you get a warning message and no drm protected video contents can be displayed.

On the original iWork stock rom, unrooted, it works fine. I was hoping to try and hide the root with the proper Xposed module, but as I said I cannot install Xposed with the stock rom as he said:

5 hours ago, yener90 said:

Stock ROM will never work with Xposed. It uses special version of ART, which is not supported:

https://github.com/rovo89/Xposed/issues/77

I've tried to run the app on the Cyanogenmod and, as expected, it detects root. So I've installed Xposed + RootCloak module and the warning message is gone, but still no drm contents can be displayed. So, out of curiosity, I'd like to try the Xposed module on the stock rom, because I suppose it is too hard for the Xposed module to hide root AND the whole Cyanogenmod enviroment. But I understand it's simply not possible to have Xposed on the stock rom, so... never mind.

Just to be clear: I'm not trying to steal anything, I already pay for the streaming service TimVision, but I'd need root too on my device, to use Link2Sd and other apps like that. Just for now, the only thing I can do is root and unroot my device every time I want to watch a movie via TimVision app... pretty nagging...

A couple of years ago someone tried to trick the app using Cydia Substrate + SELinux Mode Changer +*RootCloak Plus (Cydia) as shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBB7jc8UCv4 but I don't know if newer versions of the TimVision app can still be tricked the same way and I can't try this method because Cydia Substrate is not compatible with x86 devices...

Edited by Ric_82

Guest KonstaT
13 hours ago, Ric_82 said:

This one app, TimVision (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.telecomitalia.cubovision) can't work on rooted devices.

The app itself is working but you get a warning message and no drm protected video contents can be displayed.

On the original iWork stock rom, unrooted, it works fine. I was hoping to try and hide the root with the proper Xposed module, but as I said I cannot install Xposed with the stock rom as he said:

I've tried to run the app on the Cyanogenmod and, as expected, it detects root. So I've installed Xposed + RootCloak module and the warning message is gone, but still no drm contents can be displayed. So, out of curiosity, I'd like to try the Xposed module on the stock rom, because I suppose it is too hard for the Xposed module to hide root AND the whole Cyanogenmod enviroment. But I understand it's simply not possible to have Xposed on the stock rom, so... never mind.

Just to be clear: I'm not trying to steal anything, I already pay for the streaming service TimVision, but I'd need root too on my device, to use Link2Sd and other apps like that. Just for now, the only thing I can do is root and unroot my device every time I want to watch a movie via TimVision app... pretty nagging...

A couple of years ago someone tried to trick the app using Cydia Substrate + SELinux Mode Changer +*RootCloak Plus (Cydia) as shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBB7jc8UCv4 but I don't know if newer versions of the TimVision app can still be tricked the same way and I can't try this method because Cydia Substrate is not compatible with x86 devices...

Some apps also check the build type and other system properties. You could try changing userdebug->user in CM's build.prop.

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:27 PM, KonstaT said:

Some apps also check the build type and other system properties. You could try changing userdebug->user in CM's build.prop.

Thanks for the tip, I could try but I think it will not fix the issue because I've already check build.prop file before and after the rooting procedure on the stock rom and I see no diferrences at all.

I've tried to hide the SU binary manually, I've tried using apps like "Hide my root" and I've tried disabling SuperSU: the result is the same, the app doesn't show the warning message about root anymore, but drm contents will be still unavailable. The only way to make it work is to unroot the device for good and reboot.

So, I start to think the app - besides searching for a SU binary - performs a check at a kernel level and if that's true, it will never run properly on a Cyanogenmod.

EDIT

I know I'm going a little Off Topic with this issue about TimVision, but just to let you know...

I've got my hands on a rooted apk of an old version of TimVision app. On a rooted tablet with SuperSu enabled and running the rooted app doesn't show a warning message (so it not detects root) but still can't show any drm contents. The news is this rooted app gives you an explanation why it can't display drm contents, showing this message on the media player:

com.discretix.drmdlc.api.exceptions.DrmClientInitFailureException: Failed to initialize DRM Client

EDIT

I've tried changing userdebug->user in CM's build.prop as you suggested, but it didn't work.

I've tried to install the app on your Remix Os port and it works (so, pheraps there is no kernel checking after all?) but I don't know how to install apps on the SD cards in Remix OS, so it's no use for me: I need to expand the storage of the iWork8; that is the reason I rooted it in the first place :/ 

Edited by Ric_82

• 4 weeks later...
Guest netphantm

Hi KonstaT

I have an iWorks 8 Cube, not air or ultimate, just the plain dual boot, and I messed up my bios. can you point me to a bios flash image for this one? serial is I132GB \d+ V

I have a chip programmer /w the ROM flash s/w, even bought 5 bios ROMs to program one of those if programming it on board with the clamp fails.

thanks,

netphantm.-

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tomshreds

Just to double check, I'm trying to restore the stock rom of the Cube iWork8 Air.

I want to check that I have the proper steps:

0- Wipe disk space

1- Flash stock recovery (zip file) rom from TWRP

2- Flash stock firmware (using intel flash tool) downloaded from Cube's website

Should be it?

Edited by tomshreds

Guest KonstaT
16 minutes ago, tomshreds said:

Just to double check, I'm trying to restore the stock rom of the Cube iWork8 Air.

I want to check that I have the proper steps:

1- Flash stock recovery (zip file) rom from TWRP

2- Flash stock firmware (using intel flash tool) downloaded from Cube's website

Should be it?

You don't need to restore stock recovery if you're going to use Intel Platform Flash Tool. It will wipe _everything_ from the device anyway. You also need to reinstall Windows after flashing the stock Android.

Why do you need to go back to stock? Easiest way is to of course restore nandroid backup you've created in TWRP.

Guest tomshreds
12 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

You don't need to restore stock recovery if you're going to use Intel Platform Flash Tool. It will wipe _everything_ from the device anyway. You also need to reinstall Windows after flashing the stock Android.

Why do you need to go back to stock? Easiest way is to of course restore nandroid backup you've created in TWRP.

I ordered another tablet and thought I'd restore that one to its original state before selling / giving it away.

Unfortunately, I started my journey without a nandroid backup of the whole android/windows setup. Like a real noob!

I have the stock rom files with both Android and Win10 install files in it and everything, I thought I could restore it all in one go but maybe that's not as simple as I thought. I'm trying to use intel flash tool but I think I'm hitting a fastboot error at the moment. Any idea? I remember having fastboot errors but because of partitions on the device, I wonder if that's related.

12/15/16 14:44:03.793  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Running `"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Platform Flash Tool Lite\fastboot.exe" "-s" "                " "flash" "fw_stage2_osdnx" "C:\Users\redacted\Desktop\factory\酷比魔方IWORK8 AIR(I1-TF)双系统刷机文件及教程\安卓\firmware.bin"` command
12/15/16 14:44:03.826  WARNING: [Port 0/3] Command `"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Platform Flash Tool Lite\fastboot.exe" "-s" "                " "flash" "fw_stage2_osdnx" "C:\Users\redacted\Desktop\factory\酷比魔方IWORK8 AIR(I1-TF)双系统刷机文件及教程\安卓\firmware.bin"` failed
12/15/16 14:44:03.826  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Retrying `"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Platform Flash Tool Lite\fastboot.exe" "-s" "                " "flash" "fw_stage2_osdnx" "C:\Users\redacted\Desktop\factory\酷比魔方IWORK8 AIR(I1-TF)双系统刷机文件及教程\安卓\firmware.bin"` command
12/15/16 14:44:03.856  WARNING: [Port 0/3] Command `"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Platform Flash Tool Lite\fastboot.exe" "-s" "                " "flash" "fw_stage2_osdnx" "C:\Users\redacted\Desktop\factory\酷比魔方IWORK8 AIR(I1-TF)双系统刷机文件及教程\安卓\firmware.bin"` failed
12/15/16 14:44:03.856  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Running `Sleeping for 5 seconds` command
12/15/16 14:44:08.865  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Command `Sleeping for 5 seconds` succeed
12/15/16 14:44:08.865  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Running `Wait for device with status dnx_os on port 0/3` command
12/15/16 14:44:08.865  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Command `Wait for device with status dnx_os on port 0/3` succeed
12/15/16 14:44:08.865  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Running `"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Platform Flash Tool Lite\fastboot.exe" "-s" "                " "flash" "osloader" "C:\Users\redacted\Desktop\factory\酷比魔方IWORK8 AIR(I1-TF)双系统刷机文件及教程\安卓\loader.efi"` command
12/15/16 14:44:08.896  WARNING: [Port 0/3] Command `"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Platform Flash Tool Lite\fastboot.exe" "-s" "                " "flash" "osloader" "C:\Users\redacted\Desktop\factory\酷比魔方IWORK8 AIR(I1-TF)双系统刷机文件及教程\安卓\loader.efi"` failed
12/15/16 14:44:08.896  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Retrying `"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Platform Flash Tool Lite\fastboot.exe" "-s" "                " "flash" "osloader" "C:\Users\redacted\Desktop\factory\酷比魔方IWORK8 AIR(I1-TF)双系统刷机文件及教程\安卓\loader.efi"` command
12/15/16 14:44:08.928  ERROR  : [Port 0/3] Command `"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Platform Flash Tool Lite\fastboot.exe" "-s" "                " "flash" "osloader" "C:\Users\redacted\Desktop\factory\酷比魔方IWORK8 AIR(I1-TF)双系统刷机文件及教程\安卓\loader.efi"` failed
12/15/16 14:44:08.928  ERROR  : [Port 0/3] Flash failed (Command type: Fastboot)

Guest KonstaT
23 minutes ago, tomshreds said:

I ordered another tablet and thought I'd restore that one to its original state before selling / giving it away.

Unfortunately, I started my journey without a nandroid backup of the whole android/windows setup. Like a real noob!

I have the stock rom files with both Android and Win10 install files in it and everything, I thought I could restore it all in one go but maybe that's not as simple as I thought. I'm trying to use intel flash tool but I think I'm hitting a fastboot error at the moment. Any idea? I remember having fastboot errors but because of partitions on the device, I wonder if that's related.

Intel Android USB driver installed? Have you booted your device to bootloader?

Guest tomshreds
12 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Intel Android USB driver installed? Have you booted your device to bootloader?

Yes drivers are installed. I'm on the same setup as I usually use to do that kind of thing.

I had booted my device into recovery mode, it was written DNX FASTBOOT MODE in the screen after trying to restore the rom.

If I boot only on the boot loader, the device doesn't appear in intel flash tool :-/ 

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, tomshreds said:

Yes drivers are installed. I'm on the same setup as I usually use to do that kind of thing.

I had booted my device into recovery mode, it was written DNX FASTBOOT MODE in the screen after trying to restore the rom.

If I boot only on the boot loader, the device doesn't appear in intel flash tool :-/ 

You mean you've booted to DNX with both volume up and down keys pressed? Recovery (stock or TWRP) is not where you want to be.

Maybe the tool doesn't like those Chinese characters in the file path.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest tomshreds
1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

You mean you've booted to DNX with both volume and down keys pressed? Recovery (stock or TWRP) is not where you want to be.

Maybe the tool doesn't like those Chinese characters in the file path.

What I did is boot with volume down pressed and then my device appeared so I tried to flash and intel flash tool made my device boot to DNX.

I tried moving the rom files to c:\ (less deep path) I think I got closer to completion but still no luck. This time the device came back to the bootloader (green android bot with opened belly menu) instead of freezing to DNX mode. (we can see that it tries to boot to DNX)

12/15/16 16:05:29.765  INFO   : Intel(R) Platform Flash Tool Lite V 5.5.2.0 x86 (build on Tuesday April 26th 2016, 15:20:38 UTC)
12/15/16 16:05:29.765  INFO   : Using xFSTK Downloader version: 1.8.1
12/15/16 16:05:29.828  INFO   : Using DFU Downloader version: 0.8.4-msvc
12/15/16 16:05:29.828  INFO   : Using DnX Firmware Downloader version: 1.0.0.0 (API: 3.0.0.1066)
12/15/16 16:05:30.203  INFO   : Using Intel Command Line FlashTool v.2.56 (Download Library v.5.23,0.0 )
12/15/16 16:05:30.234  INFO   : Using Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.35
Revision 68de85bda98d-android
12/15/16 16:05:30.234  INFO   : No external tool registered
12/15/16 16:05:30.234  INFO   : OS version detected: Windows 10 (x64)
12/15/16 16:05:31.254  INFO   : SSL supported: Yes
12/15/16 16:05:31.254  TRACE  : System PATH: C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\INTEL\ICLS CLIENT\;C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTEL\ICLS CLIENT\;C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WBEM;C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINDOWSPOWERSHELL\V1.0\;C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\ATI TECHNOLOGIES\ATI.ACE\CORE-STATIC;C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\AMD\ATI.ACE\CORE-STATIC;C:\PYTHON27;C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\DRUIDE\PROGRAMMES64\;C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\DRUIDE\PROGRAMMES32\;E:\HASHICORP\VAGRANT\BIN;C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\NVIDIA CORPORATION\PHYSX\COMMON;C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTEL\INTEL(R) MANAGEMENT ENGINE COMPONENTS\DAL;C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTEL\INTEL(R) MANAGEMENT ENGINE COMPONENTS\IPT;C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\INTEL\INTEL(R) MANAGEMENT ENGINE COMPONENTS\DAL;C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\INTEL\INTEL(R) MANAGEMENT ENGINE COMPONENTS\IPT;C:\Windows\SYSTEM32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WBEM;C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WINDOWSPOWERSHELL\V1.0\;C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\EASEUS\TODO BACKUP\BIN;C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\GNU\GNUPG\PUB;C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\SKYPE\PHONE\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Druide\Antidote 9\Application\Bin64\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Druide\Antidote 9\Application\Bin32\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG\pub;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Platform Flash Tool Lite;C:\Program Files\GPAC;C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Local\atom\bin;C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps
12/15/16 16:05:31.254  TRACE  : Application path is C:/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Platform Flash Tool Lite
12/15/16 16:05:31.254  TRACE  : Working directory is C:/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Platform Flash Tool Lite
12/15/16 16:05:31.285  TRACE  : TEMP folder location: drive C:/ ('C:/Users/TOMMYB~1/AppData/Local/Temp')
12/15/16 16:05:31.285  INFO   : Disk space available on drive C:/ : 36.46 GB
12/15/16 16:05:31.348  INFO   : Adb and fastboot binaries OK
12/15/16 16:05:31.520  INFO   : Platform Flash Tool Lite initialized successfully
12/15/16 16:05:45.554  INFO   : [Port 0/3] New device detected on 0/3 (id=0002000000000001)
12/15/16 16:05:52.519  DEBUG  : Json Flash file parsed (C:/factory/ROM)
12/15/16 16:05:52.519  INFO   : Ready to flash!
12/15/16 16:05:52.519  DEBUG  : FlashConfiguration:
name=blank
startState=dnx_os
brief=Erase the phone and flash all partitions, including factory
description=Erase all content, rewrite partition table and flash all partitions
documentation=
warning=
hiddenToEndUser=no
id=blank
cmd[0, m=no, t=60000, s=no] fastboot "flash" "fw_stage2_osdnx" "C:\factory\ROM\firmware.bin"
cmd[1, m=yes, t=5000, s=no] Sleeping for 5 seconds
cmd[2, m=yes, t=60000, s=no] Wait for device with status dnx_os
cmd[3, m=yes, t=60000, s=no] fastboot "flash" "osloader" "C:\factory\ROM\loader.efi"
cmd[4, m=yes, t=60000, s=no] fastboot "boot" "C:\factory\ROM\loader.efi"
cmd[5, m=yes, t=500, s=no] Sleeping for 0.5 seconds
cmd[6, m=yes, t=60000, s=no] Wait for device with status pos
cmd[7, m=yes, t=60000, s=no] fastboot "oem" "unlock"
cmd[8, m=yes, t=60000, s=no] fastboot "flash" "oemvars" "C:\factory\ROM\oemvars.txt"
cmd[9, m=yes, t=60000, s=no] fastboot "flash" "gpt" "C:\factory\ROM\gpt.bin"
cmd[10, m=yes, t=60000, s=no] fastboot "flash" "bootloader" "C:\factory\ROM\bootloader"
cmd[11, m=yes, t=60000, s=yes] fastboot "oem" "rm" "/ESP/BIOSUPDATE.fv"
cmd[12, m=yes, t=60000, s=yes] fastboot "flash" "ifwi" "C:\factory\ROM\afu.bin"
cmd[13, m=yes, t=60000, s=no] fastboot "erase" "misc"
cmd[14, m=yes, t=60000, s=no] fastboot "erase" "persistent"
cmd[15, m=yes, t=60000, s=no] fastboot "erase" "metadata"
cmd[16, m=yes, t=60000, s=no] fastboot "format" "config"
cmd[17, m=yes, t=60000, s=no] fastboot "format" "cache"
cmd[18, m=yes, t=600000, s=no] fastboot "flash" "system" "C:\factory\ROM\system.img"
cmd[19, m=yes, t=60000, s=no] fastboot "flash" "boot" "C:\factory\ROM\boot.img"
cmd[20, m=yes, t=60000, s=no] fastboot "flash" "recovery" "C:\factory\ROM\recovery.img"
cmd[21, m=yes, t=60000, s=no] fastboot "format" "data"
cmd[22, m=yes, t=60000, s=no] fastboot "oem" "lock"
cmd[23, m=yes, t=60000, s=no] fastboot "continue"
12/15/16 16:05:52.519  DEBUG  : Monitoring C:\factory\ROM\flash.json
12/15/16 16:05:52.519  INFO   : Flash file C:\factory\ROM\flash.json [blank] loaded
12/15/16 16:06:01.442  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Start flashing the flash configuration with dnx_os start state for Default0string
12/15/16 16:06:01.442  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Reboot device Default0string with Fastboot...
12/15/16 16:06:01.505  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Starting flash ...
12/15/16 16:06:01.505  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] Waiting for device in dnx_os
12/15/16 16:06:01.783  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] Device disconnected on 0/3
12/15/16 16:06:15.533  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] Device reconnected on 0/3
12/15/16 16:06:15.533  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Flash started
12/15/16 16:06:15.533  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Sleep 500 ms before executing first flash command
12/15/16 16:06:16.044  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] Group 'delete_capsule' disables command `Deleting BIOS capsule file`
12/15/16 16:06:16.044  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] Group 'flash_AFU' disables command `Flashing AFU`
12/15/16 16:06:16.044  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Running `"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Platform Flash Tool Lite\fastboot.exe" "-s" "                " "flash" "fw_stage2_osdnx" "C:\factory\ROM\firmware.bin"` command
12/15/16 16:06:16.136  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] target didn't report max-download-size
12/15/16 16:06:16.136  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] sending 'fw_stage2_osdnx' (2048 KB)...
12/15/16 16:06:16.136  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] OKAY [  0.062s]
12/15/16 16:06:16.136  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] writing 'fw_stage2_osdnx'...
12/15/16 16:06:16.136  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] FAILED (remote: unknown command)
12/15/16 16:06:16.136  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] finished. total time: 0.066s
12/15/16 16:06:16.137  WARNING: [Port 0/3] Command `"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Platform Flash Tool Lite\fastboot.exe" "-s" "                " "flash" "fw_stage2_osdnx" "C:\factory\ROM\firmware.bin"` failed
12/15/16 16:06:16.137  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Retrying `"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Platform Flash Tool Lite\fastboot.exe" "-s" "                " "flash" "fw_stage2_osdnx" "C:\factory\ROM\firmware.bin"` command
12/15/16 16:06:16.229  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] target didn't report max-download-size
12/15/16 16:06:16.229  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] sending 'fw_stage2_osdnx' (2048 KB)...
12/15/16 16:06:16.229  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] OKAY [  0.062s]
12/15/16 16:06:16.229  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] writing 'fw_stage2_osdnx'...
12/15/16 16:06:16.229  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] FAILED (remote: unknown command)
12/15/16 16:06:16.229  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] finished. total time: 0.066s
12/15/16 16:06:16.229  WARNING: [Port 0/3] Command `"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Platform Flash Tool Lite\fastboot.exe" "-s" "                " "flash" "fw_stage2_osdnx" "C:\factory\ROM\firmware.bin"` failed
12/15/16 16:06:16.229  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Running `Sleeping for 5 seconds` command
12/15/16 16:06:21.238  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Command `Sleeping for 5 seconds` succeed
12/15/16 16:06:21.238  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Running `Wait for device with status dnx_os on port 0/3` command
12/15/16 16:06:21.238  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Command `Wait for device with status dnx_os on port 0/3` succeed
12/15/16 16:06:21.238  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Running `"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Platform Flash Tool Lite\fastboot.exe" "-s" "                " "flash" "osloader" "C:\factory\ROM\loader.efi"` command
12/15/16 16:06:21.613  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] target didn't report max-download-size
12/15/16 16:06:21.613  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] sending 'osloader' (12661 KB)...
12/15/16 16:06:21.613  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] OKAY [  0.344s]
12/15/16 16:06:21.613  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] writing 'osloader'...
12/15/16 16:06:21.613  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] OKAY [  0.016s]
12/15/16 16:06:21.613  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] finished. total time: 0.359s
12/15/16 16:06:21.613  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Command `"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Platform Flash Tool Lite\fastboot.exe" "-s" "                " "flash" "osloader" "C:\factory\ROM\loader.efi"` succeed
12/15/16 16:06:21.613  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Running `"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Platform Flash Tool Lite\fastboot.exe" "-s" "                " "boot" "C:\factory\ROM\loader.efi"` command
12/15/16 16:06:21.990  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] creating boot image...
12/15/16 16:06:21.990  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] creating boot image - 12967936 bytes
12/15/16 16:06:21.990  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] downloading 'boot.img'...
12/15/16 16:06:21.990  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] OKAY [  0.341s]
12/15/16 16:06:21.990  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] booting...
12/15/16 16:06:21.990  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] OKAY [  0.004s]
12/15/16 16:06:21.990  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] finished. total time: 0.344s
12/15/16 16:06:21.990  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Command `"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Platform Flash Tool Lite\fastboot.exe" "-s" "                " "boot" "C:\factory\ROM\loader.efi"` succeed
12/15/16 16:06:21.990  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Running `Sleeping for 0.5 seconds` command
12/15/16 16:06:22.007  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] Device disconnected on 0/3
12/15/16 16:06:22.502  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Command `Sleeping for 0.5 seconds` succeed
12/15/16 16:06:22.502  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Running `Wait for device with status pos on port 0/3` command
12/15/16 16:06:26.633  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] Device reconnected on 0/3
12/15/16 16:06:26.633  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Command `Wait for device with status pos on port 0/3` succeed
12/15/16 16:06:26.633  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Running `"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Platform Flash Tool Lite\fastboot.exe" "-s" "Default0string" "oem" "unlock"` command
12/15/16 16:06:26.665  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] ...
12/15/16 16:06:26.665  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] FAILED (remote: Unlocking device not allowed)
12/15/16 16:06:26.665  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] finished. total time: 0.016s
12/15/16 16:06:26.665  WARNING: [Port 0/3] Command `"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Platform Flash Tool Lite\fastboot.exe" "-s" "Default0string" "oem" "unlock"` failed
12/15/16 16:06:26.665  INFO   : [Port 0/3] Retrying `"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Platform Flash Tool Lite\fastboot.exe" "-s" "Default0string" "oem" "unlock"` command
12/15/16 16:06:26.712  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] ...
12/15/16 16:06:26.712  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] FAILED (remote: Unlocking device not allowed)
12/15/16 16:06:26.712  DEBUG  : [Port 0/3] finished. total time: 0.000s
12/15/16 16:06:26.712  ERROR  : [Port 0/3] Command `"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Platform Flash Tool Lite\fastboot.exe" "-s" "Default0string" "oem" "unlock"` failed
12/15/16 16:06:26.712  ERROR  : [Port 0/3] Flash failed (Command type: Fastboot)
12/15/16 16:06:26.712  TRACE  : Sending system tray notification: "Flash failed"

-

EDIT: I just noticed it reboot to DNX, then wait for the device and then it fails. It fails on an unlock command. It almost succeeds for most parts :-/

EDIT2: I was using the "blank" configuration, I selected "update" and it seems to have worked.

Edited by tomshreds

Guest tomshreds

Android now almost boots! I see a few bottom buttons, the time and battery state at the top but nothing else opens up. No launcher, no notification panel slides down, no wallpaper, nothing else. I can snap screenshots and play with volume lol

That's a step in the right direction, I'll keep trying :P

Now I guess I'll also have to figure out the windows restore procedure, I remember seeing a procedure somewhere on a forum about this.

EDIT: Recovery isn't accessible, I get a red exclamation point. Also I don't know how I did this but now my bootloader is locked and I can't get to Android settings to unlock the device via the developer options. No matter how I restore the stock os, I just get to boot on the blank screen with the time/battery and bottom volume + screenshot button. Will keep trying.

I also can't get to boot TWRP via fastboot since I'm in a "verified state". FML

Edited by tomshreds