[DEV][ROM][28.1.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Here's an early taste of Lollipop for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12. It is unofficial and unsupported by the CyanogenMod team. It's for advanced users only.

Screenshot_2016-10-14-13-28-29.png

Screenshot_2016-10-14-13-29-01.png

Do not mirror my builds! Please post a link to this page instead.

cm-12.1-20170128-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-chuwi_vi10plus.zip
http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/CM12.1

Google apps:
The Open Gapps Project

Working:

• Wifi
  • Audio (playback/input/routing/headphones/etc)
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Hardware video decoding & encoding
  • Hardware acceleration and OpenGL rendering
  • HDMI
  • Houdini
  • Keyboard dock
  • Network/wifi location
  • SD cards
  • Stylus pen (HiPen H2)
  • USB storage (MTP and PTP) & adb
  • USB OTG (storage, mouse, keyboard)
  • USB-tethering
  • Wifi-tethering
  • Touchscreen/multi-touch
  • Sensors

Not working:

• ???

Issues:

• Audio not routed through HDMI

Sources:

• CyanogenMod team & everyone who's been working on CM12.1
Like my work?
btn_donate_LG.gif
Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Merged commits not mentioned in the changelog.

28.1. 2017 changelog:

• fix lights HAL to allow lower minimum brightness
  • fix capasitive home button on Hi12
  • integrated kernel build
  • fix Skype login issue (thanks to zltnngy)
  • fix audio lag in some games (thanks to zltnngy)

4.12. changelog:

• build kernel & modules from source
  • completely new kernel bring up cleaning up all kinds of Chuwi cruft
  • update kernel mmc drivers to fix 'freezing issue'
  • add configs for external keyboard docks to fix 'keyboard dock wake issue' (thanks to festlv)
  • add BFQ i/o scheduler and enable it by default
  • patch shtload of known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-xxxx-xxxx, and more)
  • Android security patch level: 1 November 2016 (merged)

28.10. changelog:

• change device codename to chuwi_vi10plus
  • SELinux enforcing
  • fix Play Store compatibility with some apps (location permissions)
  • build wifi (wpa_supplicant/hostapd) from source
  • stylus pen "works"

14.10. changelog:

• initial release

Previous builds:

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

How to install:

1. boot into TWRP recovery
  2. backup -> backup (create a nandroid backup of your current ROM)
  3. wipe -> advanced wipe -> wipe /system
  4. wipe -> factory reset
  5. install cm-12.1-xxxxxxxx-KonstaKANG-chuwi_vi10plus.zip
  6. (install Hi10 Pro/Hibook/Hibook Pro/Hi12 patch if necessary - see FAQ below)
  7. install open_gapps-x86-5.1-pico-xxxxxxxx.zip
  8. reboot system

FAQ:

Q: I can't find developer options and performance settings, why?
A: Settings -> About tablet -> Click 'Build number' several times

Q: I don't have reboot options in power menu, why?
A: Settings -> Developer options -> Advanced reboot

Q: I have no root, why? What is that hashtag on my status bar?
A: Settings -> Developer options -> Root access. Root management is now integrated as part of CM's Privacy Guard and you can manage per app permissions under Settings -> Privacy -> Privacy Guard. You'll have a persistent notification in the status bar when you're running an app that uses root permissions.

Q: I have Hi10 Pro. What should I do?
A: Download patch below and install it in TWRP.

cm-12.1-20170128-chuwi_vi10plus-Hi10Pro.zip

cm-12.1-20170128-chuwi_vi10plus-Hi10Pro-HQ64.zip

Q: I have Hibook. What should I do?  

cm-12.1-20170128-chuwi_vi10plus-Hibook.zip

Q: I have Hibook Pro. What should I do?

cm-12.1-20170128-chuwi_vi10plus-HibookPro.zip

Q: I have Hi12. What should I do?

cm-12.1-20170128-chuwi_vi10plus-Hi12.zip

cm-12.1-20170128-chuwi_vi10plus-Hi12-451609XXX.zip (latest batch - serial no 451609XXX)

Edited by KonstaT

Guest risoterapia

Sorry but I don't understand any things. 

I have a Chuwi hi10 plus (vi10 plus evolution) with dual OS remix and Windows 10. Can I flash this ROM? And how? First of all I'll need to be root but and don't know the way to do it. 

Sorry for my English 

Guest KonstaT
7 hours ago, risoterapia said:

Sorry but I don't understand any things. 

I have a Chuwi hi10 plus (vi10 plus evolution) with dual OS remix and Windows 10. Can I flash this ROM? And how? First of all I'll need to be root but and don't know the way to do it. 

Sorry for my English 

I don't know if Hi10 Plus is the same device as Vi10 Plus with just bigger RAM and storage or if there are some other hardware differences as well. I tried to look for a stock firmware for Hi10 Plus (http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-2657-1-1.html) and apparently the stock Remix OS is actually the same as Vi10 Plus' one. Is your device identified as Vi10 Plus in stock Remix OS? In that case I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work on Hi10 Plus, too.

You'll need custom recovery (TWRP) to install this ROM. Installation instructions (with link to TWRP thread) in the third post of this thread.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest risoterapia

Thank you. 

I am not a developer but I think that I am an advanced user or not a noob in any case ;) 

That link on Chuwi forum was exactly that I was thinking to send to you. As you can see vi10 plus and hi10 plus are the same and only bios is different. I don't know about vi10 plus ram compared to hi10 plus and it is important for ROM installation. 

What I want to know is that: if I flash twrp and install this ROM will l lose my two partitions with remix and Windows 10 OS?

In effect , remix recognices my hi10 plus as a vi10 plus but remix is not an stable ROM for Chuwi's tablets: freezings , battery discharge with keyboard connected, not possible to install an alternative launcher as nova, etc. I sure you know that. 

Thanks in advance for your time and effort 

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, risoterapia said:

Thank you. 

I am not a developer but I think that I am an advanced user or not a noob in any case ;) 

That link on Chuwi forum was exactly that I was thinking to send to you. As you can see vi10 plus and hi10 plus are the same and only bios is different. I don't know about vi10 plus ram compared to hi10 plus and it is important for ROM installation. 

What I want to know is that: if I flash twrp and install this ROM will l lose my two partitions with remix and Windows 10 OS?

In effect , remix recognices my hi10 plus as a vi10 plus but remix is not an stable ROM for Chuwi's tablets: freezings , battery discharge with keyboard connected, not possible to install an alternative launcher as nova, etc. I sure you know that. 

Thanks in advance for your time and effort 

No, you won't lose Windows installation or ability to dual-boot (there's actually more than two partitions - info on my other device but should be the same on other intel dual-boot tablets). This will just replace stock Remix OS with custom firmware (system and boot partitions, TWRP will live in recovery partition). CyanogenMod doesn't have option to reboot directly to Windows but dual-boot menu powering up the device works just like before.

I didn't experience any freezes with stock Remix OS but I only used it for about a day anyway. Issue with keyboard dock waking up the device is present with CyanogenMod as well. It's possible that these are hardware related or issues with low level firmware (BIOS, bootloader, etc). Kernel and bunch of binary hardware drivers are also the same as with the stock firmware so it's very possible that these issues persist even if you install CyanogenMod.

Guest risoterapia

Ok. I don't have nothing to lose and I'll get root and cm lots of configurations and personalization.  

I suppose you will continue to develop this ROM, isn't it ? Count me as tester

Edited by risoterapia

Guest risoterapia

Your ROM works like a charm on my hi10 plus tablet. Thanks a lot,@Konstat

Now I see if I can find bugs.

For the moment, the only "bug" is that Tesla Unread doesn't work with Gmail app, it gets force closed when you try to configure it.

Guest KonstaT
7 hours ago, risoterapia said:

Ok. I don't have nothing to lose and I'll get root and cm lots of configurations and personalization.  

I suppose you will continue to develop this ROM, isn't it ? Count me as tester

Enabling SELinux enforcing is on my todo list. CM12.1 itself is already pretty dead and there isn't much happening in upstream code base. 

2 hours ago, risoterapia said:

Your ROM works like a charm on my hi10 plus tablet. Thanks a lot,@Konstat

Now I see if I can find bugs.

For the moment, the only "bug" is that Tesla Unread doesn't work with Gmail app, it gets force closed when you try to configure it.

Logcat?

Guest risoterapia
1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

Enabling SELinux enforcing is on my todo list. CM12.1 itself is already pretty dead and there isn't much happening in upstream code base. 

Logcat?

Logcat sended to you via mail. Hope you will meet helpful

Great job here!

Any chance for releasing the source code? I'd like to try port to this to Chuwi Hibook Pro. It is pretty much the same device, except that the screen has different resolution, so it should fairly easy.

Thanks!

Guest farakes
23 hours ago, KonstaT said:

No, you won't lose Windows installation or ability to dual-boot (there's actually more than two partitions - info on my other device but should be the same on other intel dual-boot tablets). This will just replace stock Remix OS with custom firmware (system and boot partitions, TWRP will live in recovery partition). CyanogenMod doesn't have option to reboot directly to Windows but dual-boot menu powering up the device works just like before.

I didn't experience any freezes with stock Remix OS but I only used it for about a day anyway. Issue with keyboard dock waking up the device is present with CyanogenMod as well. It's possible that these are hardware related or issues with low level firmware (BIOS, bootloader, etc). Kernel and bunch of binary hardware drivers are also the same as with the stock firmware so it's very possible that these issues persist even if you install CyanogenMod.

Hi Konstat,

just signed up to say thanks for this amazing port!

i can confirm no lockups and no Keyboard wakeups with your cm 12.1 port.

maybe you can have a look at the german medion Image for Android 6.0 for the cherrytrail linked a few post ups.

edit : Audio not routed through HDMI  <- works for me without a Problem!

Edited by farakes

Guest risoterapia

58 minutes ago, farakes said:

Hi Konstat,

maybe you can have a look at the german medion Image for Android 6.0 for the cherrytrail linked a few post ups.

About wakelocks, i can confirm that with keyboard connected your CM 12.1 based ROM doesn´t waste battery as remix do. 

Congrats  /profile/834050-konstat/" rel="">@KonstaT

Edit. Bug with keyboard and battery drain still present [emoji24]

Guest FatFreddyDK
On 17/10/2016 at 10:59 AM, KonstaT said:

Sad to say that I can confirm the freezing problem persist on cm, at last for me. Unfortunately :-( I am pretty sure that My problem is WiFi related. My vi10plus froze first time just after typing My Gmail and password. The second i pushed next botton it froze. Other times it's when just browsing. Thanks for you effort.

Edited by FatFreddyDK

Guest risoterapia
1 hour ago, FatFreddyDK said:

Sad to say that I can confirm the freezing problem persist on cm, at last for me. Unfortunately :-( Thanks for you effort through.

What model of Chuwi tablet? vi10 plus?

Guest risoterapia
11 minutes ago, FatFreddyDK said:

Yes. Vi10 2gb/32gb Remix only

Sad to hear that.

In my hi10 plus no freezing problems. But in all cases, CM is better than remix and most configurable.

Guest farakes
8 hours ago, farakes said:

Hi Konstat,

have to step back from the screen wakeup declaration, keeps coming back on after reboot, strange tho.

no lockups/freeze so far with heavy use

edit: an no freeze on usb/charging, which happend in minutes with remix...

Edited by farakes

Guest risoterapia
have to step back from the screen wakeup declaration, keeps coming back on after reboot, strange tho.

I have no freezings but keyboard wakes up screen every minute or less. Problem for battery. Any configuration or solution?

Now i reboot completely (no soft reboot) and keyboard doesn't wake up screen for a while but problem persist again after a few minutes

Guest FatFreddyDK
32 minutes ago, farakes said:

What tablet do you own? Hi10 or Vi10? 

Guest risoterapia
I have no freezings but keyboard wakes up screen every minute or less. Problem for battery. Any configuration or solution?

Now i reboot completely (no soft reboot) and keyboard doesn't wake up screen for a while but problem persist again after a few minutes

CM recognizes keyboard as a Sino wealth USB keyboard