[DEV][ROM][28.1.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest Chuwi Hi12
3 hours ago, Migual12 said:

@KonstaT
Thank you for the new build. It should be worth a donation for all using it.

A question: I already use your build of 04.12 on my Hi12. Is it possible to do an upgrade to the new build without deleting the data? I assume this would mean to do item 3 (wipe system) but not item 4 (factory reset). Would this work? Thank you.

I just installed the new zip plus the Hi12 patch and wiped cache/dalvik. I didn't wipe system or reinstall gapps. No problems so far and Skype login working and win logo home button. Performance seems good too, 58k on Antutu, no lag in Chrome. 

Added 10 euro donation :)

Edited by Chuwi Hi12

Guest KonstaT
10 hours ago, Migual12 said:

@KonstaT
Thank you for the new build. It should be worth a donation for all using it.

A question: I already use your build of 04.12 on my Hi12. Is it possible to do an upgrade to the new build without deleting the data? I assume this would mean to do item 3 (wipe system) but not item 4 (factory reset). Would this work? Thank you.

Yes, you can update from previous version without losing any data. Just flash the ROM (+ compatibility patch if necessary) in TWRP. No need to wipe anything or even flash the gapps again.

7 hours ago, Chuwi Hi12 said:

I just installed the new zip plus the Hi12 patch and wiped cache/dalvik. I didn't wipe system or reinstall gapps. No problems so far and Skype login working and win logo home button. Performance seems good too, 58k on Antutu, no lag in Chrome. 

Added 10 euro donation :)

Thanks. Much appreciated. :)

Guest KonstaT
13 hours ago, zltnngy said:

Done it: In frameworks/av/services/audiopolicy/AudioPolicyManager.cpp delete the elseif block on line 1643-1646.

In cm13 the bug doesn't appear because of https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_av/commit/439e4ed408c21bd65711d279bd5251cef7e83440

The final cm12.1 release came a day early:)

Hah, I really don't mind. Nice work as always! :)

Yeah, that commit came from CAF so probably not a good idea to have it enabled on non-Qualcomm devices.

Here's a patch will fix audio lag in some games. All credits to zltnngy for debugging and fixing this issue.

cm-12.1-chuwi_vi10plus-fix-audiolag.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767133387
md5:e1124840f4914a5c0b0be7991834ad93

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Migual12
3 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Yes, you can update from previous version without losing any data. Just flash the ROM (+ compatibility patch if necessary) in TWRP. No need to wipe anything or even flash the gapps again.

Thanks. Much appreciated. :)

2 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Here's a patch will fix audio lag in some games. All credits to zltnngy for debugging and fixing this issue.

cm-12.1-20170128-chuwi_vi10plus-fix-audiolag.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767133387
md5:e1124840f4914a5c0b0be7991834ad93

I cleaned the previous 04.12 ROM with SDMaid and made a Nandroid backup first. Than I flashed the ROM, Hi12 patch and audiolog patch in one go with TWRP and deleted the cash/dalvik. Everything works fine, didn't discover any problem. I thought it might be good to flash the audiolog patch too even if I never had problems with audio before.

Thank you for your efforts. Hope my donation helps you to proceed with your work for Chuwi tablets.@KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
27 minutes ago, rodrimx4 said:

How can i flash this new release without lose my data ?

9 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Guest nexfeel
On 2017. 1. 29. at 10:11 PM, KonstaT said:

Slightly updated yesterday's build.

http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/CM12.1

-fix audio lag in some games (thanks to zltnngy)
-fix brightness slider on Hi12 (and Hibook Pro?)

Thank you for great work !

I'm using hibook pro. After flashing this version, brightness slider works well.

Have you change any kernel related SD card? My hibook pro can't recognize SD card anymore. (Samsung, EVO 64 GB)

I tested by EXFAT, FAT32. all format cannot recognize.

Edited by nexfeel

Guest gaodi16366

I am using Hi10 Plus(z8350) and have flash the 20170128 rom. This Rom does not work well with Bluetooth. It can not pair with my mouse Logicool anywhere2 and my earphone Mpow Magneto. Sometimes it even can not find my earphone. Can you solve this problem?

Guest KonstaT
3 hours ago, nexfeel said:

I'm using hibook pro. After flashing this version, brightness slider works well.

Have you change any kernel related SD card? My hibook pro can't recognize SD card anymore. (Samsung, EVO 64 GB)

Hibook Pro uses stock kernel (no kernel source available, couldn't touch it even if I wanted to).

Hardware failure?

1 hour ago, gaodi16366 said:

I am using Hi10 Plus(z8350) and have flash the 20170128 rom. This Rom does not work well with Bluetooth. It can not pair with my mouse Logicool anywhere2 and my earphone Mpow Magneto. Sometimes it even can not find my earphone. Can you solve this problem?

Haven't received any reports of bluetooth issues.

There's a known problem with transferring data with bluetooth low energy devices. BLE works with prebuilt blobs from stock firmware but I still rather include open source bluetooth in the ROM.

cm-12.1-chuwi_vi10plus-bluetooth-ble.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862698715
md5:ae13d67cde8ffedc4946eca44761585b

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Chuwi Hi12

There's a lot of reports of microsd card issues on the Chuwi forum related to hardware failure of internal card reader. The same thing happened on my Hi12. Mine was intermittent and it looked like it was working in TWRP but then crashed half way through a backup. I removed card and backed up to USB stick instead. I would really like to repartition my internal storage when I know how as I don't use Windows on this device and android only has 10 GB for data and a broken sdcard. 

Bluetooth works fine with my headphones, no problems pairing and audio quality great and very low battery consumption. 

Guest Migual12
14 hours ago, nexfeel said:

10 hours ago, Chuwi Hi12 said:

There's a lot of reports of microsd card issues on the Chuwi forum related to hardware failure of internal card reader. The same thing happened on my Hi12. Mine was intermittent and it looked like it was working in TWRP but then crashed half way through a backup. I removed card and backed up to USB stick instead. I would really like to repartition my internal storage when I know how as I don't use Windows on this device and android only has 10 GB for data and a broken sdcard. 

Bluetooth works fine with my headphones, no problems pairing and audio quality great and very low battery consumption. 

I also had troubles with SD card on my Hi12, tried different cards and formats. Actually my card is recognised both in Android and Windows. Finally I use Samsung EVO 64GB. I formatted it in exFAT (Standard) and performed full formatting. Standard means 128kb cluster size. In Windows I changed the driver to an older Windows 8  driver

Here the link were I found the solution for the Windows SD card problem.   https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/reading-sdxc-card/

Until now it works on my Hi12

Edited by Migual12
found link

Guest Interstate 76

Hi KonstaT,

thanks a lot for your great work. My Chuwi HI12 runs great with your CM 12.1 build. Made a donation yesterday. 

I have two questions.

Today I recognized that I have installed this ROM on my chuwi: cm-12.1-20170128-chuwi_vi10plus-Hi12-451609XXX.zip but I'm not owning the latest version, mine is 45160403568 (This version already has stylus support and DUAL OS). So my question is should I stay on this Rom or install this one: cm-12.1-20170128-chuwi_vi10plus-Hi12.zip. What are the differences? 

Another thing is that I installed this ROM with TWRP-Version 2.8.7.0.. Is version 3.0.2.0 available for the Hi12? Are there any advantages in updating?

Edited by Interstate 76

Guest Chuwi Hi12

I managed to get my Hi12 re-partitioned for full Android using a gpt.bin somebody made for a similar device from here:
filesystem:https://mega.nz/persistent/mega/bFYiDTja

I reflashed a custom remix folder that had twrp and unlocked boot.img and new gpt.bin using intel phonefashtool. Then in recovery I wiped system and factory reset, then tried to restore my CM12.1 backup of system and data. It seemed to go ok but got stuck on CM animation on first boot into system. I forced powered off then went back into twrp and did another wipe, then did fresh install of CM12.1. After that boot up was normal so I logged into my google account and restored all my apps. Anyway I'm very happy that I now have lots of space on Android data. 

Screenshot_2017-02-02-14-05-20.png

Guest KonstaT
5 hours ago, Interstate 76 said:

Hi KonstaT,

thanks a lot for your great work. My Chuwi HI12 runs great with your CM 12.1 build. Made a donation yesterday. 

I have two questions.

Today I recognized that I have installed this ROM on my chuwi: cm-12.1-20170128-chuwi_vi10plus-Hi12-451609XXX.zip but I'm not owning the latest version, mine is 45160403568 (This version already has stylus support and DUAL OS). So my question is should I stay on this Rom or install this one: cm-12.1-20170128-chuwi_vi10plus-Hi12.zip. What are the differences? 

Another thing is that I installed this ROM with TWRP-Version 2.8.7.0.. Is version 3.0.2.0 available for the Hi12? Are there any advantages in updating?

Thanks, much appreciated.

IIRC there was difference in sensor hardware so device rotation doesn't work if you've flashed the wrong patch. Both Hi12 patches contain the same files so flashing one over the other will cancel the previous one. You can try as many times as you like (no need to wipe anything).

I've created TWRP 3.0.2-0 image for Hi12 that some reported working - some said it does work. I don't have a Hi12 device myself to test anything with so it's not available anymore. You just need a recovery that's 100% reliable and does what it's supposed to.

5 hours ago, Chuwi Hi12 said:

I managed to get my Hi12 re-partitioned for full Android using a gpt.bin somebody made for a similar device from here:

I reflashed a custom remix folder that had twrp and unlocked boot.img and new gpt.bin using intel phonefashtool. Then in recovery I wiped system and factory reset, then tried to restore my CM12.1 backup of system and data. It seemed to go ok but got stuck on CM animation on first boot into system. I forced powered off then went back into twrp and did another wipe, then did fresh install of CM12.1. After that boot up was normal so I logged into my google account and restored all my apps. Anyway I'm very happy that I now have lots of space on Android data. 

There should be no problem restoring a previous nandroid backup after you've repartitioned your device.

Guest Interstate 76
8 hours ago, Chuwi Hi12 said:

Screenshot_2017-02-02-14-05-20.png

I re-partitioned it with gparted, but I had to delete /dev/mmcblk0p10 android_persistent to extend android_data with the unallocated windows space. Everytime I flash a ROM TWRP says unable to find partition size for '/persistent' (see attached screenshot), but it flashes normally and the system is working ... so can anyone tell me what the partition android_persistent and android_esp does? Are they necessary? Is there a way to restore them?

IMG_0515.JPG

IMG_0516.JPG

Guest KonstaT
3 hours ago, Interstate 76 said:

I re-partitioned it with gparted, but I had to delete /dev/mmcblk0p10 android_persistent to extend android_data with the unallocated windows space. Everytime I flash a ROM TWRP says unable to find partition size for '/persistent' (see attached screenshot), but it flashes normally and the system is working ... so can anyone tell me what the partition android_persistent and android_esp does? Are they necessary? Is there a way to restore them?

You most definitely shouldn't use gparted (or any other regular filesystem tools) to resize or remove partitions. I've explained partitions in this post. android_persistent partition is used by Google's factory reset protection feature so that won't work. There's shouldn't be any android_esp partition and recovery shouldn't be mounting those two partitions anyway (I guess you do need proper TWRP for Hi12 after all).

You can get your partitions back by flashing firmware with Intel Platform Flash Tool.

Guest Chuwi Hi12
10 hours ago, KonstaT said:

There should be no problem restoring a previous nandroid backup after you've repartitioned your device.

I think it was because my backup only had System and Data partitions so there may have been some incompatible Remix data in one of the smaller partitions that only gets overwritten when install is run. I could try to restore data again but don't really need to as my apps restored from Google cloud.

I also have message about ESP partition in TWRP, I don't think it's stopping anything from working but I'm happy to test your TWRP if you get time to do again for Hi12.

Guest Skyfire

Hi there, my battery drains konstantly when the tablet is turned off. At first I thought it to be my error to forget to turn it off. But that was not the case. Has anyone experienced this problem? A guy over at techtablets using Windows experienced that too. He changed something in Enery Options... But on Android ?

Kind regards, Skyfire

Guest Chuwi Hi12
2 hours ago, Skyfire said:

Hi there, my battery drains konstantly when the tablet is turned off. At first I thought it to be my error to forget to turn it off. But that was not the case. Has anyone experienced this problem? A guy over at techtablets using Windows experienced that too. He changed something in Enery Options... But on Android ?

Kind regards, Skyfire

If fully powered down (not just screen off) drain should be negligible (should last for months). Remove power plug before shutting down or it will boot to battery monitor OS so won't be completely off if you latter remove charger cable.

Guest Migual12
6 hours ago, Skyfire said:

Kind regards, Skyfire

4 hours ago, Chuwi Hi12 said:

If fully powered down (not just screen off) drain should be negligible (should last for months). Remove power plug before shutting down or it will boot to battery monitor OS so won't be completely off if you latter remove charger cable.

Hi, in windows I disabled energy saving or hybrid mode to be sure that Windows completely shuts down. Before, I had problems that the processor constantly worked and slowed down the performance in Windows. I will also check the Android shutdown with/without power plug.

Guest Skyfire

Seems like I found the solution... Without an sd card in the tablet the battery loses less than 1% over night. I'll try again with my sd card inserted...