Jump to content
KonstaT

[DEV][ROM][20.10.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, KonstaT said:

New build.

http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/CM13

-rebrand to LineageOS
-fix bluetooth audio
-fix lights HAL to allow lower minimum brightness
-fix capasitive home button on Hi12
-integrated kernel build
-Android security patch level: 1 December 2016 (merged)

Thanks for the new construction, on my Vi10 Plus Tablet perform the clean installation and I have the problem that the central touch button on the screen (Home) does not work, do not have that problem? I mean this button; botones_de_pantalla_android_Buscar_con_G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, santi.sc said:

Thanks for the new construction, on my Vi10 Plus Tablet perform the clean installation and I have the problem that the central touch button on the screen (Home) does not work, do not have that problem? I mean this button; botones_de_pantalla_android_Buscar_con_G

No such issue. Wrong gapps are known to cause problems like that...

Follow installation instructions in the third post of this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Konsta, excuse my ignorance but you mention "fix capasitive home button on Hi12".
is the Hi12 supported after all with CM13 (Lineage OS) I thought support was dropped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

No existe ese problema. gapps equivocadas son conocidos por causar problemas como que ...

Siga las instrucciones de instalación en el tercer puesto de este hilo.

Gapps used the default ones in the link of the first comment. And if the installation with the steps of the third thread comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, avidal said:

Hi Konsta, excuse my ignorance but you mention "fix capasitive home button on Hi12".
is the Hi12 supported after all with CM13 (Lineage OS) I thought support was dropped.

Hi12 is not 'supported' but people still seem to keep to installing it regardless of the issues (no deep sleep being the major one). It's fixed but it wasn't supposed to end up in the changelog (just some copy&paste from CM12.1).

13 minutes ago, santi.sc said:

Gapps used the default ones in the link of the first comment. And if the installation with the steps of the third thread comment.

Try with different gapps or no gapps at all. Home button works just fine.

Edited by KonstaT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, KonstaT said:

New build.

http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/CM13

-rebrand to LineageOS
-fix bluetooth audio
-fix lights HAL to allow lower minimum brightness
-integrated kernel build
-Android security patch level: 1 December 2016 (merged)

May I ask how you fixed Bluetooth ?

Is it that commit ?

https://github.com/CM-CHT/android_device_intel_cherrytrail-common/commit/5aa0f80a3bf3d51c9bccb21caee6fd1f7c52c6de

Edited by mirek190

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Hi12 is not 'supported' but people still seem to keep to installing it regardless of the issues (no deep sleep being the major one). It's fixed but it wasn't supposed to end up in the changelog (just some copy&paste from CM12.1).

Try with different gapps or no gapps at all. Home button works just fine.

Hi, thanks for the good work. I'm afraid I also have a home button that doesn't function. I've tried different Gapps and have wiped system, cache and data in TWRP, then re-flashed your latest build. The pull down isn't functioning either - it goes down one level, but doesn't go down to the next level for screen brightness, wifi buttons etc.

Thanks in advance :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that there will be issues since the Hibook Pro is not officially supported, but say I wanted to flash just out of curiousity, would I be able to flash the new build with the old Hibook Pro patch? Like will it flash and boot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mirek190 said:

That's half of it. https://github.com/CM-CHT/proprietary_vendor_intel/commit/973b98c6f9b1fd74ea0f57f59c0bd482ed2ea3db

6 hours ago, mirek190 said:

I have question - video recording works ? I mean after record you can find that video ?

Yes. Make sure you have this. https://github.com/CM-CHT/android_frameworks_av/commit/6650d1f5643be68717c4ce2324026e8ddf359a8b

8 hours ago, BacktotheFuji said:

Hi, thanks for the good work. I'm afraid I also have a home button that doesn't function. I've tried different Gapps and have wiped system, cache and data in TWRP, then re-flashed your latest build. The pull down isn't functioning either - it goes down one level, but doesn't go down to the next level for screen brightness, wifi buttons etc.

Thanks in advance :)

Which gapps did you try? Did you try without gapps? You need to format /system when switching between different gapps packages.

5 hours ago, benkores said:

I know that there will be issues since the Hibook Pro is not officially supported, but say I wanted to flash just out of curiousity, would I be able to flash the new build with the old Hibook Pro patch? Like will it flash and boot?

I wouldn't recommend it but that hasn't stopped people from trying. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

That's half of it. https://github.com/CM-CHT/proprietary_vendor_intel/commit/973b98c6f9b1fd74ea0f57f59c0bd482ed2ea3db

Yes. Make sure you have this. https://github.com/CM-CHT/android_frameworks_av/commit/6650d1f5643be68717c4ce2324026e8ddf359a8b

Which gapps did you try? Did you try without gapps? You need to format /system when switching between different gapps packages.

I wouldn't recommend it but that hasn't stopped people from trying. ;)

HI, thanks for coming back so quickly. I tried the x86 Pico and Mini GApps from the link in your instructions post. I eventually wiped the partitions again and installed your December CM13 build which works fine with the same GApps (mini). Weird :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2017 at 11:27 AM, BacktotheFuji said:

HI, thanks for coming back so quickly. I tried the x86 Pico and Mini GApps from the link in your instructions post. I eventually wiped the partitions again and installed your December CM13 build which works fine with the same GApps (mini). Weird :)

Open Gapps from 20170127 is the latest one that works with LineageOS 13. They broke it when Lineage allegedly broke SetupWizard (well, maybe in cm-14.1 but not in cm-13.0). That doesn't affect CyanogenMod so that's why the same package still works with the old CM13.

Use these gapps. Tested myself and confirmed working.
https://github.com/opengapps/x86/releases/download/20170127/open_gapps-x86-6.0-pico-20170127.zip

Edit. It's been fixed since. You can use latest gapps.

Edited by KonstaT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Open Gapps from 20170127 is the latest one that works with LineageOS 13. They broke it when Lineage allegedly broke SetupWizard (well, maybe in cm-14.1 but not in cm-13.0). That doesn't affect CyanogenMod so that's why the same package still works with the old CM13.

Use these gapps. Tested myself and confirmed working.
https://github.com/opengapps/x86/releases/download/20170127/open_gapps-x86-6.0-pico-20170127.zip

Spot on! Can't believe the difference one day's GApps can make :o Anyway, it's running perfectly now, thanks again! By the way, the improvements over CM13 are quite obvious - the screen dims to a much lower level (perfect for browsing while waiting for the kids to fall asleep) and for some reason the touch response seems better (my imagination?).

Thanks again, I now have two useful tablets running CM13 and Lineage 13 (Nook HD+ and Chuwi Vi10 Plus).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PalmTrees said:

Thanks a lot, @KonstaT I wish we somehow could donate the Mi Pad 2 to you and let you work your magic :) 

Meh, I barely have the time/interest to maintain the devices I have. Mipad 2 is still not the best bargain and it seems it's somehow gotten even more expensive from the last time I looked.

Probably going to get a phone or two next. My trusty Moto X (2014) is not going to receive official Nougat so I need a new daily driver (going to run non-rooted stock on my main device). Also eyeing out for a new dev toy. Almost accidentally bought LeEco Le 2 on sale yesterday as that's quite a good bargain for the specs. Then noticed that someone had already spoiled all the fun as it already has official CM. :P Also going to wait and see what MWC 2017 brings next month. Will see what Nokia (go Finland Foxconn ;)) introduces - Nokia 6 wasn't what I had hoped.

Edited by KonstaT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

Meh, I barely have the time/interest to maintain the devices I have. Mipad 2 is still not the best bargain and it seems it's somehow gotten even more expensive from the last time I looked.

Probably going to get a phone or two next. My trusty Moto X (2014) is not going to receive official Nougat so I need a new daily driver (going to run non-rooted stock on my main device). Also eyeing out for a new dev toy. Almost accidentally bought LeEco Le 2 on sale yesterday as that's quite a good bargain for the specs. Then noticed that someone had already spoiled all the fun as it already has official CM. :P Also going to wait and see what MWC 2017 brings next month. Will see what Nokia (go Finland Foxconn ;)) introduces - Nokia 6 wasn't what I had hoped.

Ha, no way! I'm very close to buying the LeEco Le as well. Just the x520 version from HK Will Wast on Aliexpress (it's cheaper and Lineage OS will work on it as well). You prefer to work with devices with Qualcomm chipsets right? And not MediaTek? 

I guess you're talking about codeworkx over at XDA? How about buying the LeEco Cool Change 1C? (Same price as the LeEco Le 2, bigger battery, similar chipset, possibly better camera too). 

Do you, @KonstaT or @zltnngy plan to investigate the "almost too long to wake up" issue :) 

Edited by PalmTrees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, PalmTrees said:

Ha, no way! I'm very close to buying the LeEco Le as well. Just the x520 version from HK Will Wast on Aliexpress (it's cheaper and Lineage OS will work on it as well). You prefer to work with devices with Qualcomm chipsets right? And not MediaTek? 

I guess you're talking about codeworkx over at XDA? How about buying the LeEco Cool Change 1C? (Same price as the LeEco Le 2, bigger battery, similar chipset, possibly better camera too). 

Do you, @KonstaT or @zltnngy plan to investigate the "almost too long to wake up" issue :) 

I wonder what's the difference between Chinese and International variants as there's at least no difference in listed 3G/4G bands. There's probably no kernel source for 1C or it's just the same device as Le 2 in a different case?

Yes, Qualcomm has CAF as a reference which is great for all kinds of open source development. MediaTek has no documentation whatsoever and even kernel sources are not available for most devices that are not officially sold on US/EU markets. Never had a MediaTek device and not planning on getting one either.

It would certainly help if there was a Cherry Trail device with official Marshmallow and with both stock firmware (for binary drivers) and kernel source available. There's stock Marshmallow firmware for Medion Lifetab P10506 and Teclast Tbook 16 Power but not kernel source. There's kernel source for Lenovo Yoga Book but no stock firmware...

35 minutes ago, rodrimx4 said:

Sorry again.

If i have Cm.12.1 is necesary full wipe to install lineage ?

Yes, I'd certainly recommend that.

3 minutes ago, rodrimx4 said:

I have a issue in photos someon else?

Wow, how about reading the first post. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

I wonder what's the difference between Chinese and International variants as there's at least no difference in listed 3G/4G bands. There's probably no kernel source for 1C or it's just the same device as Le 2 in a different case?

It would certainly help if there was a Cherry Trail device with official Marshmallow and with both stock firmware (for binary drivers) and kernel source available. There's stock Marshmallow firmware for Medion Lifetab P10506 and Teclast Tbook 16 Power but not kernel source. There's kernel source for Lenovo Yoga Book but no stock firmware...

As far as I understand, the x520 doesn't come with Play Store pre-installed and isn't multilanguage neither. 

s2:
- X520 (China)
- X522 (US)
- X527 (Russia/International)

s2ww:
- X526 (India)

 

The Cool Changer 1C (from November) and Cool 1 (from August) are new devices, so LeEco probably waits before releasing the kernel source (unless it's the same kernel as the Le 2). Those devices are identical. Aside from the camera. Take a look here: Comparison

Perhaps we could contact Medion and ask them to release the kernel source? Alternatively, would it help to pull the OTA package from the Lenovo Yoga Book? 

UPDATE: @KonstaTStock firmware for the Lenovo Yoga Book can be downloaded here (it seems): Yoga Book firmware

Edited by PalmTrees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, PalmTrees said:

Perhaps we could contact Medion and ask them to release the kernel source? Alternatively, would it help to pull the OTA package from the Lenovo Yoga Book? 

UPDATE: @KonstaTStock firmware for the Lenovo Yoga Book can be downloaded here (it seems): Yoga Book firmware

Already contacted Medion and they promised back in November to release it. Still not available.

Except you can't download anything. ;) Looks like a scam site anyway. OTA package is not enough. Need a full firmware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KonstaT said:

Already contacted Medion and they promised back in November to release it. Still not available.

Except you can't download anything. ;) Looks like a scam site anyway. OTA package is not enough. Need a full firmware.

I just requested the kernel source from Medion via FB. Fingers crossed. 

It does look scammy. However, they offer free membership (I know, sketchy). But if anyone could give it a try? Is it realistic that the firmware file is 2,4 GB? :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PalmTrees said:

It does look scammy. However, they offer free membership (I know, sketchy). But if anyone could give it a try? Is it realistic that the firmware file is 2,4 GB? :o

Well, I'm not going to try. :P Why not, 2,4 gb is perfectly reasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.