[DEV][ROM][20.10.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest PalmTrees

@KonstaT Phoenix OS 2.0.0 based on Android 7.1 [Alpha] has been released (http://bbs.phoenixstudio.org/en/showthread.php?tid=5334) / (https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/phoenix-os-v2-0-0-android-7-1-alpha-23-t3578331). I know you've ported Phoenix OS before, would you have any interest in porting the 2.0 version (still in alpha though)?

Guest KonstaT
On 3/19/2017 at 10:59 AM, oboi said:

want to know whether you have the plan to transport lineageos 14.1 to this device. thanks

There isn't any Cherry Trail device with official Nougat firmware (and never will be). There isn't any device with Realtek wifi/bt with official Nougat firmware. There be would be ton of problems hacking it together with pre-Nougat binary drivers. IMO it's not even worth the effort.

11 hours ago, PalmTrees said:

@KonstaT Phoenix OS 2.0.0 based on Android 7.1 [Alpha] has been released (http://bbs.phoenixstudio.org/en/showthread.php?tid=5334) / (https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/phoenix-os-v2-0-0-android-7-1-alpha-23-t3578331). I know you've ported Phoenix OS before, would you have any interest in porting the 2.0 version (still in alpha though)?

You can already run that as much as any other android-x86 based firmware (Remix OS 3.0, etc). Hardly anything will work due to lack of missing device drivers.

Guest crommcruaich

Actually Teclast tbook16 power Cherry Trail T3 Z8750 has Android 6.0, don't know about brand of wifi/bt adapter, updates to Android 7 is for privileged devices (like nVidia Shield) maybe it's easier to asseble wifi/bt adapter of another company, anyway tendention of upgrading to 7 is looking good.

Guest pouskidis

@KonstaT

Hi. I have a Chuwi Hi12 and installed cm 12.1.

I guess it is the recomended cm version for my tablet. Could I try LineageOS 13 version 20161108 (old)

or I shouldn't bother? The bugs you refer to (no deep sleep) are for current version or that old build?

Aslo, is it possible to import this great LineageOS13 or at least cm 12.1 to my other tablet the ONDA v919 CH dual boot?

It has the same hardware as my Hi12, so it should be possible I guess...

Thank you for making my tablet (Hi12) so much better!

Guest KonstaT
On 3/30/2017 at 8:51 AM, crommcruaich said:

Actually Teclast tbook16 power Cherry Trail T3 Z8750 has Android 6.0, don't know about brand of wifi/bt adapter, updates to Android 7 is for privileged devices (like nVidia Shield) maybe it's easier to asseble wifi/bt adapter of another company, anyway tendention of upgrading to 7 is looking good.

We were talking about nougat. There won't be official Nougat for any Cherry Trail device as Intel pulled the plug from the whole platform.

48 minutes ago, pouskidis said:

@KonstaT

Hi. I have a Chuwi Hi12 and installed cm 12.1.

I guess it is the recomended cm version for my tablet. Could I try LineageOS 13 version 20161108 (old)

or I shouldn't bother? The bugs you refer to (no deep sleep) are for current version or that old build?

Aslo, is it possible to import this great LineageOS13 or at least cm 12.1 to my other tablet the ONDA v919 CH dual boot?

It has the same hardware as my Hi12, so it should be possible I guess...

Thank you for making my tablet (Hi12) so much better!

Compatibility patch is meant for that specific build but people have used it with newer builds regardless. I can't support Hi12 anymore either way. There is no kernel source available for Hibook Pro/Hi12 and issue with device entering deep sleep can't be fixed without it.

It would be possible to build CM12.1 for pretty much any Cherry Trail device.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest pouskidis
Compatibility patch is meant for that specific build but people have used it with newer builds regardless. I can't support Hi12 anymore either way. There is no kernel source available for Hibook Pro/Hi12 and issue with device entering deep sleep can't be fixed without it.

It would be possible to build CM12.1 for pretty much any Cherry Trail device.

So, for Hi12 your suggestion is to stick to cm 12.1. I would really like a lineage or cm mode for my onda. Can you make one? I offer my support any way I can... ;)

Guest KonstaT
22 minutes ago, pouskidis said:

So, for Hi12 your suggestion is to stick to cm 12.1. I would really like a lineage or cm mode for my onda. Can you make one? I offer my support any way I can... ;)

Yeah, better stick with CM12.1 on Hibook Pro/Hi12.

Sure, send me a device and I can have a look. :P

Guest KonstaT
12 hours ago, pouskidis said:

I could send you, em, part of it...emoji6.png

Does this help? https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/rom-onda-v919-air-ch-dualos-android-t3375660

The latest international f/w is the best.

Jokes aside, what you're asking is really not possible without having a device. And why would do dozens of hours of work that doesn't benefit me in any way...

Only reason I can support multiple Chuwi devices (owning only one) is because the hardware differences between these devices are quite minimal (see compatibility patches).

Guest KonstaT
On 3/1/2017 at 9:16 PM, tki said:

Theo problems are solved, the external SD-Card was demaged, and fragments of the old Image on the Device , after a format of System and Boot Partition everything is OK.

No problems with lollypop kernel

I see you've released your port for Hi8 Pro. IMHO this should have never happened and you should have stuck with CM12.1 as advised. You can't fix those issue without having a kernel source for your device and it was enough reason for me to drop support for Hibook Pro/Hi12.

Also there's nothing with that device that couldn't be handled with a compatibility patch (see patches for other Chuwi devices). There's absolutely no reason to repackage the whole ROM.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest pouskidis

Jokes aside, what you're asking is really not possible without having a device. And why would do dozens of hours of work that doesn't benefit me in any way...

Only reason I can support multiple Chuwi devices (owning only one) is because the hardware differences between these devices are quite minimal (see compatibility patches).

I see. I guess the interest for onda tablets is not that strong then otherwise we would have find one device for testing purposes... Anyway, let me ask you something else: could the lights Hal fix for min brightness be modified for other devices without having the device?

Also, if I try the lineage OS for my Hi12, I guess I won't have the lights fix because it wasnt implemented in the first and only version for the Hi12?

Guest KonstaT
53 minutes ago, pouskidis said:

I see. I guess the interest for onda tablets is not that strong then otherwise we would have find one device for testing purposes... Anyway, let me ask you something else: could the lights Hal fix for min brightness be modified for other devices without having the device?

Also, if I try the lineage OS for my Hi12, I guess I won't have the lights fix because it wasnt implemented in the first and only version for the Hi12?

Lights HAL source code is here (https://github.com/CM-CHT/android_device_intel_cherrytrail-common/blob/cm-12.1/lights/lights.c). It totally depends on the device (backlight device path, min/max values, etc) if that one works. That's a very simple one only meant for managing display backlight. It gets more trickier if your device has button backlight and/or notification LED.

You can just flash the min brightness patch (http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/stock-fix-freeze-kbwake/) for more recent CM13 builds.

Edited by KonstaT

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ganymor

Hello,

I have a problem with my hi10 pro and would be happy if someone could help me or at least point me in the right direction.

i installed LOS 13.0 and it seems to work, it boots to the lineage os wizard.

but my touch controls are inverted and i am unable to finish the wizard that way.

I wiped all including system and data, installed again los 13 and the hi10 pro patch, no change

i tried installing los 12.1, no change

in twrp touch is working fine, but not in android.

Does anyone have an idea?

Best Regards

Hi Ganymor,

copy form  Stock-ROM the \system\etc\ sensor_hal_config_default.xml, extract Hi10pro Patch, and paste sensor_hal_config_default.xml to \system\etc\ , then repack the Patch, and flash it.

Edited by tki

Guest KonstaT
48 minutes ago, Ganymor said:

Hello,

I have a problem with my hi10 pro and would be happy if someone could help me or at least point me in the right direction.

i installed LOS 13.0 and it seems to work, it boots to the lineage os wizard.

but my touch controls are inverted and i am unable to finish the wizard that way.

I wiped all including system and data, installed again los 13 and the hi10 pro patch, no change

i tried installing los 12.1, no change

in twrp touch is working fine, but not in android.

Does anyone have an idea?

Best Regards

What stock firmware version did your device ship with?

If touschreen is working in TWRP, there's no reason why it wouldn't work in CM12.1/CM13 as well.

Guest Ganymor

thanks for the suggestion,

i tried with the sensor_hal_config_default.xml from stock, but that didn't work.

in the meantime i got to the conclusion that the touch problem might be just a sideeffect.

the real cause seems to be the display always being rotated sideways.

if i hold the tablet in portrait mode, the display will be in landscape mode and vice versa.

i guess that's the reason why all touch events are interpreted with false coordinates.

i don't know the firmware version, didn't pay attention to it before flashing and now i don't know where i could get that info.

it's a HQ64 hi10 pro besides

Do you probably have a hint for that problem too?

I would be very grateful.

Guest KonstaT
7 hours ago, Ganymor said:

thanks for the suggestion,

i tried with the sensor_hal_config_default.xml from stock, but that didn't work.

in the meantime i got to the conclusion that the touch problem might be just a sideeffect.

the real cause seems to be the display always being rotated sideways.

if i hold the tablet in portrait mode, the display will be in landscape mode and vice versa.

i guess that's the reason why all touch events are interpreted with false coordinates.

i don't know the firmware version, didn't pay attention to it before flashing and now i don't know where i could get that info.

it's a HQ64 hi10 pro besides

Do you probably have a hint for that problem too?

I would be very grateful.

On 11/8/2016 at 2:26 PM, KonstaT said:

Q: I have Hi10 Pro. What should I do?
A: Download patch below and install it in TWRP. Hi10 Pro (z8350 - serial no HQ64) is not supported because of hardware changes and lack of kernel source code.

I have no recollection what was changed in the hardware and what was the exact reason for this decision.

If it really is only an issue with screen rotation, using the right sensor_hal_config_default.xml should fix it.

Where did you get the sensor_hal_config_default.xml you tried? If you have TWRP backup of your stock firmware, you can extract files from it and check firmware version from build.prop.

Guest Ganymor

one more question:

does "serial no HQ64" mean the hi10 pro's with non-HQ64 are not supported, or does it mean tablets with "serial Number HQ64" are not supported?

sorry, i think i minsinterpreted your description, and therefore came to the false conclusion that it should be working on HQ64.

sadly i forgot to backup the stock firmware, i tried now with the file from the los 12.1 package for hq64,

but it did not work yet, might be because didn't do a factory reset when flashing the file.

would like to try the version from the chuwi website:

http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2341&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D25

but it is password protected, will try to get it from there.

Thanks for your help

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, Ganymor said:

one more question:

does "serial no HQ64" mean the hi10 pro's with non-HQ64 are not supported, or does it mean tablets with "serial Number HQ64" are not supported?

sorry, i think i minsinterpreted your description, and therefore came to the false conclusion that it should be working on HQ64.

Latest batch of Hi10 Pro with serial number starting with HQ64 is not supported. You can use CM12.1 or Remix OS, though.

Guest pawwaap

Hi, warmly welcome you as new ChuwiHi10plus user :) Please advise, would this ROM suffice as the regular one for everyday business? And how to introduce to it some sort of multiwindow functionality (as this big screen wastes its space for just phone view), at least something like SPLIT-SCREEN known from Nougat, maybe any Xposed module can do this?

Guest pawwaap

However, RemixOS has its disadvantages, it's launcher is rather primitive, doesn't allow for widgets, and RemixOS has just one dedicated launcher irreplaceable.

And don't want to have windows style system in general, no bother of positioning/resizing, just need SPLIT-SCREEN: screen divided into two parts (on demand).

As I can see there is such an Xposed module: XMultiWindow, however doesn't want to work in this Android.

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, pawwaap said:

Hi, warmly welcome you as new ChuwiHi10plus user :) Please advise, would this ROM suffice as the regular one for everyday business? And how to introduce to it some sort of multiwindow functionality (as this big screen wastes its space for just phone view), at least something like SPLIT-SCREEN known from Nougat, maybe any Xposed module can do this?

You can enable Marshmallow's experimental multi-window mode from developer options. It's not quite ready for prime time yet.

I can't support installations with xposed frameworks or any other third party hacks/mods/tweaks.