[DEV][ROM][20.10.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest yener90
1 minute ago, marine88 said:

I will sell my chuwi hi12 very pour support and I want a dual boot device what you recomend?

Intel stopped the development of Android for their Atoms.

So you have no chance to get any dual boot with Nougat or even Marshmallow

Guest gimpbrush

Hi, it is not totally true intel stop  atom dev. But there is still some development from android-x86 kernel (they have the rtl realtek drivers the goodix( touchpanel). from what i know it miss only the es816 audio driver (intel soc if i not wrong).

There  is a official lineageos x86 7.0 or 7.1  rom from an asus phone with cherry trail on it .

i have a chuwihi12 , the compilation of lineagex86  os  is available ( i try my self and it is working 'only the compilation"), i now work on  the kernel,  i successfully build it one time, but it seems something goes wrong because i cant find the modules. the tablet boot but goes to bootlop for the moment. I will make a post when it working.

Thanks from KonstaT ,  xda forom and the good doc from lineageos, they works help me a lot to progress and understand (i search a god recent doc, for compiling android kernel and make a flash archive of it)

Guest pawwaap

How it looks like with XHFW3 Multiwindow on this LineageOS MM:

16d431f9fcb86313590dcc78ca590d0b.jpg

cd88ee3c8258cc079b8152e92227d705.jpg

And begin to think which Multiwindow is nicer: RemixOS or this "usual" Android with XHFW3 Xposed module? ;)

Guest KonstaT
6 hours ago, gimpbrush said:

There  is a official lineageos x86 7.0 or 7.1  rom from an asus phone with cherry trail on it .

i have a chuwihi12 , the compilation of lineagex86  os  is available ( i try my self and it is working 'only the compilation"), i now work on  the kernel,  i successfully build it one time, but it seems something goes wrong because i cant find the modules. the tablet boot but goes to bootlop for the moment. I will make a post when it working.

Zenfone 2 has Bay Trail chipset - and it's supported thanks to Nexus Player having similar hardware.

Sorry to disappoint you but anything android-x86 based will never work like it's supposed to on this device.

Guest pawwaap

Why need you Nougat so much? In Nougat installing and running Xposed is impossible so this nice effect of XHFW3 Multiwindow is beyond reach

(is possible just in MarshMallow and LolliPop).

Guest pawwaap

And does it apply if Xposed (and others) moddings is taken into consideration?

If you say "apps mainstream compatibility" then why isn't there Xposed installer and framework for Nougat? Xposed is the most important "app" for people like me.

Guest Hi12Guy

Some Questions for hi12:

"

Issues:

• Slow to wake up from deep sleep
  • Distortion in photos (issue with mismatching Lollipop camera drivers & Marshmallow display drivers)

"

- How slow is it to wake from deep sleep? Is it ok or annoying?

- Photos unable to view or to make? What meant with "Disortion"?

Thanks

Guest pawwaap

About Hi10plus and awakening from deepSleep you must wait ~2 sec after pressing power button or volume button (If enabled it in settings). If it is annoying it depends of user's temper ;)

Psychologically, if user expects and accepts this delay, because knows about it, then probably it is far less annoying. (Annoying things are if they are unpredictable.)

Guest PalmTrees
7 hours ago, Hi12Guy said:

Some Questions for hi12:

"

Issues:

• Distortion in photos (issue with mismatching Lollipop camera drivers & Marshmallow display drivers)

"

Thanks

I think I had luck producing photos using Open Camera, the stock/included camera wont take photos without distortion. Distortion like this (not as bad as the example, though. But still unusable). 

d5.jpg

Edited by PalmTrees

Guest KonstaT
8 hours ago, Hi12Guy said:

Some Questions for hi12:

"

Issues:

"

Thanks

Hi12 is no longer supported due to lack of kernel source code. You'll have completely different set of issues. You won't have any delay waking from the deep sleep because the device can't enter deep sleep state to begin with...

44 minutes ago, PalmTrees said:

I think I had luck producing photos using Open Camera, the stock/included camera wont take photos without distortion. Distortion like this (not as bad as the example, though. But still unusable). ) 

That's nothing what photos look like on my device! There's two 'bars' of distortion on the photos. If you switch to smaller resolution, there isn't any,

Edited by KonstaT

Guest PalmTrees
2 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Hi12 is no longer supported due to lack of kernel source code. You'll have completely different set of issues. You won't have any delay waking from the deep sleep because the device can't enter deep sleep state to begin with...

That's nothing what photos look like on my device! There's two 'bars' of distortion on the photos. If you switch to smaller resolution, there isn't any,

I still think my Vi10 Plus has a faulty camera. Yellow grain on the entire left side. Still no news from Medion regarding releasing the kernel source requested. 

Guest mtdb

Hi KostanT,

Why is SE Linux disabled? Does it have to do with the kernel sources? Sorry for the novice question. It's just that I wanted to use this ROM but I cannot make it work with Viper 4 Android audio because it lacks SElinux.

Kiitos

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, mtdb said:

Hi KostanT,

Why is SE Linux disabled? Does it have to do with the kernel sources? Sorry for the novice question. It's just that I wanted to use this ROM but I cannot make it work with Viper 4 Android audio because it lacks SElinux.

Kiitos

On 5/2/2017 at 2:26 PM, KonstaT said:

There's no reason why you couldn't have SELinux enabled on Marshmallow with the current kernel. I'm just too lazy to bring up SELinux for the entire Cherry Trail platform all by myself. Intel still had reference for Lollipop (https://github.com/android-ia/device_intel_sepolicy) but there's nothing for Marshmallow.

I don't see any reason why SELinux disabled would cause any problem with Viper4Android. Quite the opposite - SELinux enforcing can be an issue. Most likely some completely different reason if it's not working. I can't support installations with any third party hacks/tweaks/mods (Xposed, etc) either way.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest davigar

Hi @KonstaTCould you add the Widevine blobs from your remix compilation? There is a video streaming app that works in your remix compilation but in cm12 and cm13 is closed when loading

Guest KonstaT
11 hours ago, davigar said:

Hi @KonstaTCould you add the Widevine blobs from your remix compilation? There is a video streaming app that works in your remix compilation but in cm12 and cm13 is closed when loading

CM builds already include Widevine blobs. There's some other reason if your app is not working. Logcat?

Edited by KonstaT

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mirek190

I am working to fix camera distortions ...

I was very busy lately learning how to port and fix some modules like wifi, bt or Ril :-).

I'm  actually rebuilding camera HAL module from the source ... only left to remove some problems ..   

error for camera.png

Edited by mirek190

Guest night_mare007

@KonstaT - Does the rom includes drivers for touchscreen with chip "gsl3680" ?

I bought two replacement touch-screen from aliexpress, on one of them, on the flex cable I see "gsl3680 v1" and on the other "gsl3680 v3".

I've connected them both to the motherboard - but both refuses to work ( no touch even is registered at all )
I've checked with multimeter... I've got some voltage on the flex cable.
I also disconnected the battery, pressed power button for 1 min to discharge the device, then reconnect everything - did not help.

I wonder if it's HW issue... or maybe SW... android's kernel module missing or maybe bios ( i'm with the z8300 model ).

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Guest KonstaT
14 hours ago, night_mare007 said:

@KonstaT - Does the rom includes drivers for touchscreen with chip "gsl3680" ?

I bought two replacement touch-screen from aliexpress, on one of them, on the flex cable I see "gsl3680 v1" and on the other "gsl3680 v3".

I've connected them both to the motherboard - but both refuses to work ( no touch even is registered at all )
I've checked with multimeter... I've got some voltage on the flex cable.
I also disconnected the battery, pressed power button for 1 min to discharge the device, then reconnect everything - did not help.

I wonder if it's HW issue... or maybe SW... android's kernel module missing or maybe bios ( i'm with the z8300 model ).

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Yes, kernel has gslX680 driver. I don't know what's the difference between different batches of these touch panels.