How to de-cetify SPV post UK update inc version by Myke

Guest awarner

You did very well. Your post encouraged me to keep trying. The updated file did get overwritten back to the default. However, I do seem to have got the change in quick enough now, I have just installed task manager and tetris! 40 retries for me, 4000 paste attempts through the day I suspect!

Task manager refuses to allow me past the "registration/not yet" screen. But that's another story for another post.

Thanks for takinh the time to encourage me along.

Hi!

I have recently installed the danish orange update and I still can't get my SPV de-certified. ;) I'm so frustrated by this...

Seems like the SPV wants to reboot automatically before it has time connect to active sync?

Has anyone done this successfully? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Kind regards, TnT

PS: I haven't lost hope yet! :)

Guest richto

Just got mine with UK update unlocked. Took a few goes.

Best tips above are to use CTRL-V repeatedly - and have explorer / the mouse positioned in the middle of the screen so you can click OK and yes as rapidly as possible once a connection is made.

Also as above - you must get the file to complete copying BEFORE the Active Sync new partnership window comes up - if it didnt complete before then its not unlocked - try again.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest dalsoft

Ashley post is the best post I have found about de-certifying updated phones, however if you are still having problems then it might be down to the following:

If your XML file has the 4111 parameter then LEAVE IT the ONLY value you need to change is the 4102 parameter to 1 see below.

CHANGE:

TO:

Updated phones have this extra Parameter and NEED it otherwise it won't de-certify. TRUST me I tried both ways, both times the XML file got on the phone but only the one with this extra parm worked.

If you are having trouble getting to the 'Erase IPSM data' screen and keep getting the 'Canary' screen here are few tips:

As Ashley said put a SD or MMC card in you should have got a 8MB one; with the phone this one is fine. (Its very hard to get to the 'Erase IPSM data' screen otherwise).

To get to the 'Erase IPSM data' screen its all in the timing:

@ Do as Ashley's post said i.e. hold the power and record button on booting up.

@ The card found screen will appear when this screen flashes press the action button

@ Next the boot loader screen will appear when it flashes release the action button

@ The next screen is the 'Erase IPSM data' screen WELL DONE!

Tip for copying the XML file:

@ Copy the hacked XML from your PC before you start the process right mouse click then click copy.

Tips on booting after the Erase IPSM:

@The boot can take up to a minute to get to the smartphone splash screen so DON'T WORRY like I did!

@As soon as the smartphone splash screen loads put your phone in the cradle BE VERY QUICK HERE.

@Now keep pressing CTRL and V AS FAST AS YOU CAN on your old Smartphone session (see Ashley's post).

@do this until it starts to copy you will then get the message 'Are you sure you want to overwrite' say yes to this BE VERY QUICK HERE.

Some people have reported problems with not being able to SMS or get to the internet etc to fix problems related to this follow this link:

www.coolsmartphone.com/app-cert.htm#knackered

PS Don't forget to do a backup before you do a de-certify!

PSS does anyone know a way of doing this process without the 'Erase IPSM data' step think about it if orange can do this over-the-air it should be just a case of changing the XML file and running the smartphone's internal program which applies the security policies. What do ya all think?

I hope this helps

Thanks again Ashley for your post it really helped me.

Darran

Guest mark_hunter

help major problem... i think! ive did a app unlock and got to the stage were you press left twice and select 3......i have selected 3 and nothings happening! im getting worried what do i do next

:?: HELP

Guest mark_hunter

thanx i got passed that bit my new prob is altering the file mxip_oem_10.provxml and then replacing it. i copied the file with the new values and sent it to the SPV and i did not get the replace file screen it just simply sent over. obviously my de-certification has not worked. Help

Guest mark_hunter

also when i alter the mxip_oem_10.provxml file it will not let me save it after ive altered it! Cannot create the C:Documents and settingsmark Jnrdesktopmxip_oem_10.provxml file.

Make sure that the path and filename are correct!

im now getting a little annoyed because everyone has managed to acomplish the de-cert...

HELP!!!!

Guest PsychoDave

I think you need to right click the file and select properties and then uncheck the box marked read only.

This will let you save the new version.

Good luck mate, ;)

• 3 months later...
Guest bakkie

hi im from holland and ive got this setting

<characteristic type="SecurityPolicy">

<parm name="4101" value="64"/>

<parm name="4102" value="0"/>

<parm name="4111" value="3216"/>

<parm name="4119" value="128"/>

</characteristic>

but how do i install smart explorer

ive got the cab file

but my device is saying : installation failed

the program or settings cannot be installed because it doesnt contain the right system rights

• 2 months later...
Guest mattyman

Can someone please help me before i go completely crazy.

i CANNOT de-cert my spv under any circumstances - not using the decert v.3, not using the orange developers site, not speaking to orange (they dont want to know me coz im t-mobile) and not even using your instructions..... :x its all a bit frustrating.

i have the latest update for the phone, and the decert says that its 'all ok' but it cant copy the modified xml file; and when i try to do it manually it asks if i want to overwrite the exsisting file and i click yes, but for some reason the modified file never makes it to the windows directory - despite the transfer window popping up and saying the file has been transferred.

Please help as i cant do any of the fun stuff with my spv at the mo, and it really bugs me that i cant de-cert it.

• 3 months later...
Guest MIKETHEBIKE
I tried doing the de-cert.  It didn't work, and I think I messed up my SpV.  I did everything correct too.  Everything went just as the post said it would, but when it came time to 'paste' the new file, I had no partnership.  ActiveSynce never detected it for some reason, and it still hasn't. 

I need help fast.

Hi, there, I had a similar problem, the way I got around it was to go to options in activsync, and untick all the boxes, this helps activsync re-connect quicker (I think) anyway it worked for me.

Guest MIKETHEBIKE

hey all try this decert.

LINK REMOVED *AGAIN*

*Edit by Midnight.... please, do not link to the No Warez unlock program, this app was STOLEN from Orange and so is illegal.