So i bought a 3 phone...

Guest Monolithix

Guest darren22

Just ordered mine for the misses. :)

Fingers crossed that they don't sell out. BTW Carphone Warehouse are selling them for £49 on PAYG. Come on phone call :?

Thanks for the original e-mail, this forum is excellent. I may not post much, but I'm always reading at least twice a day.

Guest Firaas
Anyone had the phone call yet ? Hope availability isn't an issue....

They've got stock and have another delivery arriving tomorrow...

They're ringing people as they dispatch. (7 days)

Guest Martin@Home

They've got stock and have another delivery arriving tomorrow...

They're ringing people as they dispatch. (7 days)

Bugger ! Was hoping to get mine before the weekend....

Guest darren22

Phone4u has just updated the offer page stating:

Due to unprecedented demand we are now out of stock off the NEC 808, you can continue to order this product but it will be placed on back order. Please note this offer finishes 31st august 2003 and as such we cannot guarantee delivery.

Guest Firaas
Phone4u has just updated the offer page stating:  

Due to unprecedented demand we are now out of stock off the NEC 808, you can continue to order this product but it will be placed on back order. Please note this offer finishes 31st august 2003 and as such we cannot guarantee delivery.

Yeah, I spoke to them earlier and they said they have a delivery scheduled for tomorrow.

I would assume that they still have enough stock to fulfil yesterday's orders...

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Heheh. I just made my first video call, mate at work saw mine yesterday and bought one this morning. 7 mins of flashing it round hehe. Quality on "high" is actually pretty good, phone becomes dog slow when trying to use it though. Still, great fun for a while :)

Guest idavid

mono - whats the headset like?? does it have a 2.5 connector like what you might find on and orange spv :)

it would be nice if at least a part of our phones survived the first three months...

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Its a 2.5mm connector yeah, but has a "control" ring around it (like on panasonic MD players), i'll try to get a pic up tomorrow and try it in my SPV :)

Guest bigkahuna

Ha ha, just went into CPW and bought three of them. One for me and one for the missus and her dad. (Should score me some brownie points)

Cheers for this guys. Fantastic find

Guest Swift_gti

Just notice this in the Info4U section of the site though:

Pay As You Go

All Pay As You Go mobile phones shown on this website are subject to connection to the relevant network within 10 days of purchase. Should your pay as you go mobile phone not be registered with the network within 10 days, the sum of £60.00 (Sixty Pound) will be charged to your credit/debit card to cover our loss of commission and claw back form networks

So MAKE SURE you register the phone, don't just chuck the SIM away :)

Guest Firaas
Just notice this in the Info4U section of the site though:

Pay As You Go  

All Pay As You Go mobile phones shown on this website are subject to connection to the relevant network within 10 days of purchase. Should your pay as you go mobile phone not be registered with the network within 10 days, the sum of £60.00 (Sixty Pound) will be charged to your credit/debit card to cover our loss of commission and claw back form networks

So MAKE SURE you register the phone, don't just chuck the SIM away :)

The phone is considered a contract phone - not a PAYG phone, since you are in a 12 month contract, albeit with no line rental.

This means the previous rule applies - ie that you will be charged £300+VAT to cancel the contract (although there is no point).

Guest Swift_gti

Ahhh right I get ya, its listed as PAYG but because you don't actually buy credit, they just take money by direct debit its considered contract :?

Guest karmapolice

I Just spoke to CPW Direct and they refused to price match Phone 4 U's offer saying "That as they dont have it in stcok they wont match the price"..how do u manage to get CPW to match the price?

cheers

Karmapolice

Guest Firaas
I Just spoke to CPW Direct and they refused to price match Phone 4 U's offer saying "That as they dont have it in stcok they wont match the price"..how do u manage to get CPW to match the price?

cheers

Karmapolice

They did have it in stock before.

Unfortunately CPW is in its rights saying that :)

Guest idavid

i spoke to CPW telephone ordering place and they just said they wouldn't price match. i asked why and he said it just wasnt in their interest! i do hope phone4u manage to get us all our orders! fingers crossed! (especially seeing as how me and 9000 other modaco members missed out on those e100s...) :)

Guest Martin@Home

Recieved this Email from Phone4U :-

Dear Customer

Thank you for placing an order with Phone4U.co.uk. Your order is being processed and a customer service representative will contact you to let you know the date and time of delivery.

Customer Services, Phone4U.co.uk & Phone4U.com

Has anyone that ordered one got an email about them being out of stock or anything like that ? Would be interested to know if they are still sending the same blanket email out to everybody or have changed it to reflect the "unprecedented response" thing as per their website?

What I'm trying to say is does this email mean I got in soon enough to get one from their current stock !!!!!! Cant wait ! :) :o :P :( :lol: