So i bought a 3 phone...

Guest Monolithix

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

And seem to have started a craze on IRC ;p

I got an NEC e808s from the Link in Worcester on Saturday for 50 quid on 3togo (PAYG). If you hunt around on the internet there are a few other deals knocking about to get it even cheaper:

https://www.safeserver.co.uk/phone4u/order3...r3GnecE808.html (cheers brody)

And so on...

You get free insurance and £10 a month of content for 3 months on 3togo from 3, so for a toy its well worth it.

Let us know if you get one people :)

Guest idavid

that link is pretty amazing! one three phone for 10 quid (p&p) and you get 30 quids worth of free content then you can chuck it away... FOOLS :twisted:

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Heh, nm amo :)

3togo is basically a contract with £0 line rental idavid. So if you don't use the phone, you don't pay a penny.

Guest Firaas

Just spoke to those people, the deal is completely legit and they've been innundated with 300 orders in a couple of days (a family run 3-person business!)...

Can't wait for mine :)

Guest Firaas
Hang on...are we saying that you can get this phone for £9.99...no contract, no strings?!

Yeah, although you're tied in to the PAYG for 12 months, and are billed in arrears. You're bound to make calls from it to try out the service and that's how they make the cash.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Most of the revenue 3 is currently making is through video clips downloads and so on, but with £10 a month free "credit" for the first 3 months you wonder how...

Btw, fyi: The £10 free content per month isnt for downloading video clips etc. It is access for free to "certain" content. i.e. the lowest rated content which is almost all text based. Sorry people, no free premiership downloads or games etc...

Still an unbeatable deal...£10 for an nec e808. unbeleivable! :)

(Got one ordered myself even though I hate 3)

Guest Firaas
Credit where credit's due, I bought the £10 offer to IRC, PRAISE ME!!! :)

Our saviour, Brody the great!

If only Three had Smartphone 3G phones for £10 a piece...

er mono i was gunna buy on friday, for 50 quid, but i forgot to go in town. just got a cpw pricematch (9.99 to pay), buy showing him the site on my spv (which he spent 20 mins surfing on)

So thanks to all (and to 3 for a dodgy promotional idea that seems to have backfired)

Will

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Heheh, the news next week:

"3 sales have rocket this week with severe stock shortages, after a cheap deal was spread on the internet..."