IR Limitation

Guest casperr

Guest casperr

Or is there?

ive been trying yesterday to send a 10MB file to my friend's sap and thrice that it did stop from sending when it has sent 1.37MB file. Is there a maximum file size that you can send from sap to sap using IR?

I was using smart explorer to send it

Guest casperr

Thats how we did it. She activated her IR by going to accessories then choose Infrared Receive then I use Smart Explorer to send the file to her. Is there any other way?

Guest dobby_gobby_man

guyz!

bakit kapag nagssend sakin yung friend ko gamit IR ng 3650 nya, always "FAILED" ang sending... bakit ganun? hindi ba sila compatible (3650,7650,at iba pa.)

meron pa bang paraan para makapag send ng maayos?

casperr,

i was able to send a 14mb mpeg file from my sap to another sap.baka ito ang naging problema sa'yo. sabi mo,she used "infrared receive",di ba. when you use "infrared receive",the file received automatically goes to IPSMMy Documents.so kung 10mb ang pinadala mo,that means kinulang na ang space ng IPSM,obviously dahil 7.5mb lang ang kaya ng IPSM.pretty much better if you both use smart explorer when sending and receiving files via infrared so u can direct the file to any specific folder in the sd card kung ganyan kalaki ang file na ise-send mo.

hope this helps. :)

dobby,

bakit ganun?i was able to send and receive pics and ringtones from my friends' 7650 and 3650?dapat pwede yun,eh.

Guest dinoalbert
it cant be the case...it stopped at 1.37MB but the phone still has 5MB free phone memory e

tama....try using Smart Explorer both of you. Ako kse I never used the Infrared Receive from Accessories and never had any problem

casper,

cguro the phone has a way to detect the size of the file that you attempt to send kaya maski 1.37mb pa lang ang nase-send,itinigil nya na.alalahanin mo,we are using "smart" phones.hehe! seriously,baka nga nalaman agad ng phone ang size ng file.

Guest sonborj

if this is the case, dapat gawan ng tweak to.... when it recognizes a big size, dapat it will ask if you want to copy to a storage card agad...

Guest dobby_gobby_man

@pyke

ewan ko nga ba kung bakit eh. yung mga maliliit na bytes ng pics di ko mareceive specially sa 3650. ni minsan di pa ako nakakareceive ng files galing 3650 using the IR receive sa accessories. ano ba problem ng sap ko?

yung iba ba sa inyo may ibang paraan ng pagreceive ng files galing 7650 at 3650?

dobby,

i never use the infrared receive in accessories dahil particular ako sa IPSM space.try using smart explorer when receiving files via infrared.ganun kasi ginagawa ko,eh.

Guest casperr

Using Smart Explorer receive, my mate received 14MB of data, it just took so long but at least SE got it to work.

The IR receive under the accessories menu should have an option where to save the file, to the phone memory or memory card

Guest binky_p

by tweaking lang siguro pwedeng gawin yung magtatanong kung sa IPSM or sa card nya ilalagay. Kasi when we buy the unit wala pang memory card ito it only comes out as an "accessory" kaya nila dinifault sa IPSM pag magrereceive via IR...

Guest casperr

Sorry but that doesnt make sense because even though a memory card didnt ship along with the phone, it is certainly understood that people will be using a memory card, and even not, it is a feature, using memory card so it should be implemented properly.

that post kinda made me smile. no offense :)

Guest binky_p

you are jumping into conclusion that people will use memory card as they buy the unit (they might or might not)..it is still an accessory that's why they made it default to IPSM.

Our sap has (or will have) a lot of modifications by experts and enthusiasts and by these ways they could come up with possible and numerous ways of using the unit to it fullest....well maybe you have point of your own, but this is what i have in mind. :wink:

Guest casperr

It is a basic function that should be implemented.

This is the area where Symbian really excels at.

If there was no Smart Explorer, it would have been hard sending big files. I think this is common sense

Guest binky_p

you said it right....old versions of our saps "has" limited features installed and we have to install apps and utilities to further maximize its use. But latest versions have come up with additional stuffs....

why does the maker didn't pre-install smart explorer (or any other apps deemed useful) wherein they should have thought beforehand that its so useful to say transfer huge files?...the answer may lie in their strategies or whatever reason they have. So its probably not common sense cause if it is the maker doesn't have one. :wink: