Network Unlocking - locked out?

Guest Rob_Quads

Guest Rob_Quads

I have just put in a virgin sim into my SPV. Previously I had unlocked the network part of it but since have done hard resets etc so presume it had wiped them BUT i did not realise

It asked me for the code but being stupid i thought it wanted a SIM code not network unlock code so put the wrong one in 3 times. Now when ever i put in the virgin sim it just says

"Enter SIM Unlocking Code .....

'The password is invalid. Please retry after 480 second'

This is just permanently on and i can't put in the network unlocking code I now have.

So whats next - do I need to get something from Orange or is there something else I can do?

Guest mcwarre

Hard reseting doesn't effect the SIM Unlock. I think you have blocked the virgin sim (Enter SIM Unlock Code...) nothing to do with the phone. Have you, or a mate, got another SIM (not O) to try. That should work.

Guest Rob_Quads

Normally if you get the SIM wrong you can still enter another code which then gets round it (supplied by orange etc) but i am unable to enter anything at all so i would not even be able to use another pin.

If the sim is locked surly it would say so rather than wait 480 seconds?

Guest mcwarre

Not necessarily. Can you try another network SIM? (Once the 480 seconds is up) You need the PUK code (Phone Unlock Key) this can only be supplied by Virgin. So an expensive call to Virgin Customer Care or buy another SIM!

Guest Rob_Quads

Well after leaving the phone for an hour it then let me enter in a code - i entered the Network Unlocking code which then worked. Just seems it was not very happy and took a while to sort it self out and let me enter the code.

What I had forgotted was that since unlocking the phone i have had it replaced so obviously it had not been done on that one yet.